LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

I had this happen to me. Do you have the mid armor skid plate on your car? That's what has caused rattling for most people on here.
I had to bend one of the wings flat because my mid-plate was hitting the stock exhaust. Sounded like I had an EWG lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to bend one of the wings flat because my mid-plate was hitting the stock exhaust. Sounded like I had an EWG lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Exact same thing for me! Scared the crap out of me because I don't have an EWG and I thought my turbo or engine was falling apart from installing a skid plate. I was so naive back then.

Edited by A_A_ron
Spelling

Can you post a picture of where it's contacting? My Nameless DP isn't close to the body, so I'm having trouble picturing what you mean.
The contact is occurring right after the 90° in the sway bar area. Verified it is not the sway bar.

Assumed a defective midpipe from Invidia possibly... But after reaching out to them got back: “The end user will*need to loosen the bolts and adjust pipes. Then it will clear. We have seen this numerous times and adjustment has always fixed it.”

Not much room for adjustment. 4 bolts on the turbo manifold and one on the intermediate pipe bracket.

Car does not have the mid armor plate. Going to see if the guys at Nameless Performance could possibly install it correctly, as they are more qualified then me.

I'll keep you guys posted. I really want to make this exhaust happen.

Opted for a protune post pipe install but tuner is having difficulty creating a map. Might have to go with a Cobb AP/Dyno tune that will set me back another $1k+b1f31648d2447da5e590436dcabb804d.jpgbc8396d5844906541f78a55baadd3e0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The contact is occurring right after the 90° in the sway bar area. Verified it is not the sway bar.

Assumed a defective midpipe from Invidia possibly... But after reaching out to them got back: “The end user will*need to loosen the bolts and adjust pipes. Then it will clear. We have seen this numerous times and adjustment has always fixed it.”

Not much room for adjustment. 4 bolts on the turbo manifold and one on the intermediate pipe bracket.

Car does not have the mid armor plate. Going to see if the guys at Nameless Performance could possibly install it correctly, as they are more qualified then me.

I'll keep you guys posted. I really want to make this exhaust happen.

Opted for a protune post pipe install but tuner is having difficulty creating a map. Might have to go with a Cobb AP/Dyno tune that will set me back another $1k+b1f31648d2447da5e590436dcabb804d.jpgbc8396d5844906541f78a55baadd3e0f.jpg

Weird. My Nameless has like an inch of clearance there. You could even just hammer a dent in it if you wanted to, I'm sure it wouldn't affect flow much.

I feel you on the protune. My first tuner never really got the low rpm boost spike under control. I ended up with a map that had a spike, then dip, then steady 18PSI. It was weird. Porting my waste gate and getting etuned eliminated that issue.

If you're looking to save a buck, an etune is a decent option. You have to put in the time to do the runs yourself and send them logs, so it's not a one and done like a dyno tune should be.

Weird. My Nameless has like an inch of clearance there. You could even just hammer a dent in it if you wanted to, I'm sure it wouldn't affect flow much.

I feel you on the protune. My first tuner never really got the low rpm boost spike under control. I ended up with a map that had a spike, then dip, then steady 18PSI. It was weird. Porting my waste gate and getting etuned eliminated that issue.

If you're looking to save a buck, an etune is a decent option. You have to put in the time to do the runs yourself and send them logs, so it's not a one and done like a dyno tune should be.

Unfortunately, Nameless Performance does not do exhaust installs. I was thinking of cutting/welding the exhaust where it is contacting. Going to look into some other shops that might be able to get it to fit.

I just don't understand where I would adjust the exhaust to have a better fit...

As for the tune, I'm willing to pay a little bit more money to have it one and done. Don't want anymore headache with straight piping this vehicle [emoji23]

• 6 months later...

Put me up on the board because after sitting for years, I installed my downpipe.

I’m on the stock exhaust so I don’t think boost creep will be an issue anyway, but I took the precautions.

While test fitting, it’s best to have the pipe as forward as possible to avoid the flapper hitting the divorce flange. I put grease on the flapper and slowly opened/closed it to see where it made contact and it definitely can catch on the flange if it’s not pressed forward while installing. I also noticed on the cat side, the flange was too offset vs bellhousing of the turbo. Anyway all you have to do is bang on the flange in particular areas to get it right. Now, no matter how it’s installed, there’s clearance.

The red circle ⭕️ is from the bellmouth perspective, so you can see the exhaust has a clean path now.

I did try my best at porting. Really just decreased the slope of the divot into the hole and gradually expanded the path. Also tried to create a softer angle out the 90’ turn. Lastly, on the outside where’s the arm of the wastegate is, I shaved off maybe 2/5th where the arm could potentially hit. I know it doesn’t move that far, but eh, who knows.

Anyways I’m beating a dead horse lol.

Pja4sr9.thumb.jpg.10bf82d899af3f04943a8bb739dbc1bc.jpg

Vw7mzhi.thumb.jpg.94e3a0556767f88cc72449f24560963d.jpg