LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 complaint in 3 years...that post is just like all that Facebook clickbait. The promise of drama...and them the realization of being letdown! Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

they also still have an A+ rating

There isn't a business on this planet without unhappy customers at one time or another...if your damming evidence in one complaint in the last 3 years best to just let it go and not share, especially with such an arbitrary description.

So after multiple reschedules (due to me not having everything in place), I'm set for a dyno tune this Friday with Cryotune at a local shop. Stripped one of the turbo bolts earlier this summer when I attempted to remove the OEM dp. Taking this Thursday afternoon to tackle at my uncle's shop, installing Nameless DP, Racer X TMIC, charge pipe.

What was the consensus on how this POS was to be installed?

Don't expect Nameless to do anything for us on the group-buy.

Push DP as far forward, towards front of car as possible?

Pray you don't over boost?

I'm at 5300ft altitude and running OEM cat back so crossing my fingers....

If all goes well, video, dyno sheet and report to follow next week.

Just based on my installation I would surmise that you want to pull/push the downpipe flange as far down and forward as possible to get as much clearance at the wastegate as possible, I hope that is accurate.

With the stock catback you should be fine, don't expect the Cobb ots tune to do anything if you use it. Mine would only hit 12 psi if memory serves.

Don't expect Nameless to do anything for us on the group-buy.

Push DP as far forward, towards front of car as possible?

Pray you don't over boost?

yea that's what they said, basically push it away from the waste gate flapper as possible

yea that's what they said, basically push it away from the waste gate flapper as possible

Yeah, which equates to a few thousandths of an inch. You're better off doing what FLlegacy did and hit the turbine pipe with hammer where the flapper clearance is minimal to dent it in a little. I think his post and pics are here from a month or two ago.

There isn't a business on this planet without unhappy customers at one time or another...if your damming evidence in one complaint in the last 3 years best to just let it go and not share, especially with such an arbitrary description.

One complaint there, plus all the people on here with complaints. There may only be one person who bothered to post on that website but I'm almost certain that person isn't the only one to experience something like this. Even still that one complaint speaks volumes about how these guys conduct their business

When you place an order for a built to spec part, it's not unreasonable fir the manufacturer to recoup the cost of materials and time put into that part because you decide a couple weeks later you don't want it. Grow up!

You aren't going to take your car to a custom exhaust shop then when they are halfway done stop them and tell them nevermind just put the stock one back on, and leave.

Edited by FLlegacy

When you place an order for a built to spec part, it's not unreasonable fir the manufacturer to recoup the cost of materials and time put into that part because you decide a couple weeks later you don't want it. Grow up!

You aren't going to take your car to a custom exhaust shop then when they are halfway done stop them and tell them nevermind just put the stock one back on, and leave.

You're right and any self respecting custom exhaust shop would stand by their work and remedy the situation if the product they fabricated for you didn't function as intended or advertised. A good business wouldn't jerk customers around for more than a year with half baked solutions and empty promises.

I did, but I was a bit more subtle about it, a 1 or 2 inch diameter notch is plenty to keep the top of the 02 sensor from hitting the shield. I just used my die grinder and porting bit to notch it out a little.

Basically if you do nothing the top of the 02 sensor sets right up against the shield and will probably eventually rub through the wiring.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just hit 23.7 psi :eek: in fourth gear on the freeway. (my target is 18) It was 44F out. I got the P0108 code and christmas tree dash, but when I reset it everything seemed fine.

So for now I guess I'll go easy on it when it's not hot out.

To clarify, these are the known solution right?

-Port the wastegate

-run stock cat back (ew)

-run a spacer to restrict flow (similar to the Grimmspeed dp/oem catback adapter)

Any idea what porting should cost? I have some days off next week so it might be an option.

Does anyone have a source for a decent how-to for porting? I might be willing to give it a try.

Does porting require a retune?

And of course: What else should I slap on before a retune if needed?

So I just hit 23.7 psi :eek: in fourth gear on the freeway. (my target is 18) It was 44F out. I got the P0108 code and christmas tree dash, but when I reset it everything seemed fine.

So for now I guess I'll go easy on it when it's not hot out.

To clarify, these are the known solution right?

-Port the wastegate

-run stock cat back (ew)

-run a spacer to restrict flow (similar to the Grimmspeed dp/oem catback adapter)

Any idea what porting should cost? I have some days off next week so it might be an option.

Does anyone have a source for a decent how-to for porting? I might be willing to give it a try.

Does porting require a retune?

And of course: What else should I slap on before a retune if needed?

What is your wastegate duty cycle when you overboost? There may be more room for adjustment in there. Have you talked to your tuner?

Porting will require a tune adjustment since the increased flow will need an adjustment in WGDC to compensate.

The spacer you are talking about won't really restrict flow it is just to adapt a 3" pipe to the stock flange.

You can add "moving to high elevation" as a possible solution....I've been tuned on the groupbuy DP for 3 weeks now and have done some 2nd and 3rd gear pulls a few times on an open road in cold weather (yesterday's pull was when the temp was around 37*), no over boosting.

Really sucks that most included in the GB is either experiencing the over boost issue are won't install the DP due to this issue. The Nameless DP really has become an expensive paperweight. Can't sell it on the open market without a huge loss and most interested parties will likely find this thread and pass.

Even if Nameless does get around to testing, I'm confident their results and answers will be skewed to alternative solutions with no chance of refund or even partial refund.

Just when I had been checking this, seeing no updates, and building up confidence to go ahead we get another bad report.

How about we get that community ported housing?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Someone on here just had a thread that included pics of a ported turbo housing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I hate to say this but I feel like the time for courtesy is over. Maybe I'm wrong but it's become pretty clear that sitting and waiting for them to do something for us is useless. I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna keep sending them emails and start calling them until they do something. They made over 10,000 dollars off of us and they cant even be bothered to respond to our emails? We shouldn't be politely sitting around waiting for them to act, that time has long since passed. We need to not let them forget about this. Is there even a point to me writing this rant? Is this gonna accomplish anything and give anyone some kind of resolution? Probably not.