LegacyGT.com

Time for a new short block

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah got it :) lol had to pay my storage fee because my stand and cherry picker are in the storage. $648 total [emoji35] oh well next week shall be better

anything else internal I might of missed? Tomorrow I gotta clean out the trunk a bit.. i got two blocks plus my lightweight jack in the back plus the old oil pan and the exhaust manifold in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you keep it out of boost.

Bigger injectors and fuel pump require a tune. Different turbo requires a tune. different intake, also requires a tune.

I'm not reading the whole story, did you change something from what you had before ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I assume the car had a 16g turbo so I'm upgrading to a 18g to make my goal to 340whp without being out of the range of the turbo. Also I'm going to get a new intake for the car and not the hacked mess that was in it before.. They had a block of wood to block the hole were the bpv hose went and they cut half the stock air box and stuffed it in the avo intake...

I'm sure I have to have the injections flow tested because they been in the car for about two years [emoji52]

You can run the car with the stock injectors, as you know the tune will be limited by them and the stock fuel pump.

If the injectors have only been in the car for 2 years, why do you suspect there is something wrong ?

Are you talking with a Tuner ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I guess you know which tuner to talk to being from CT...he's just a ride up rt84 to exit 65.

I don't take 84 much last time I took it was like 2 years ago.. What's up that way? What's wrong with The shop in Norwalk? I'm going to do open source tuning

http://www.tuningalliance.com/home.html

That's Mikes site. He's stopped doing open source. But you might want to touch base with him and see what's up and if he can dyno tune for you. Check out the thread in the Tuning forum about him and his tunes.

He really is that good.

I really don't want to buy extra I mean is the Cobb AP non Cobb parts friendly?

Off the shelf with the mods you intend to have, no. Having a tuner give you maps to flash with your mods, yes.

Oh boy going to have to ask my cousin to see if I can use his 2 car garage I got a sticker on my car because the police thinks it's abandoned. I guess I'll send the block to the machine shop this Friday I figure I'll pay $100 a month to use his space at least it will be one less door ding on my F^%&^% car..

Meanwhile it's going to be one interesting morning... I was going to get the last two rods local hopefully the dealer is not going to charge some stupid price on them as I could get them new for $134 for the 2. ok $147 after tax. he says it should only take a few days.

Tractor Supply may have a strap, they have lot's of things for trailers and towing. I used to buy stuff there for the 40ft trailer the race car lived in. Think I got the tow strap there too.

What a crazy day... came to get the car and the police called a truck to get the car.. ugh I had to pay $250 to get it... lol $80 to unlock the door was just one of the fees to make up the $250.. nevertheless I used a come-along to get it on the trailer it was pretty easy the only issue was the resonator was hanging up on the trailer so I used my low profile jack to lift it. Never got to make it to the machine shop today.. took more then 4 hours to do what I needed to do.

Next time you get a chance, check out a AAA membership. You can get 4 100 miles in one year for free plus other benefits.

They have some good Credit Card offers too.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161001/f892f954766753b12f264d24e93ab79f.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161001/47cbb1a22b1b3f3c81533f14a3fea2e0.jpg

Not for nothing and not like it matters now, but that one trailer tire looks flat lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Next time you get a chance, check out a AAA membership. You can get 4 100 miles in one year for free plus other benefits.

They have some good Credit Card offers too.

I got AAA plus

• 5 weeks later...

Good grief finally got a used oil cooler from a rear ended '04 Sti $80 shipped was too hard to pass up going to try and drop the motor off before Thanksgiving I have everything internal the rest is just external stuff.

I will most likely get new head bolts too just to be on the safe side.

If you have any future turbo upgrade plans, go ARP headstuds. Your head gaskets will thank you for it.

For the price I will use them even if the stock turbo is all that's in the plan. You're not going to get to 340whp on an 18G without pushing the boost some, even then, that's a tall order on pump gas. I've seen plenty of blown headgaskets when pushing past about 18psi. Just buy the stud kit already.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived