LegacyGT.com

Time for a new short block

How many miles on the '08 Tribeca? My '08 Tribeca's transmission has been making noises for a while, and I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to keep it. I got 110k on it.
171k I got it when it had 123k

I really want another wagon

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love IAG but i couldn't spend that either i used this one on my legacy it's holding up fine so far it's only been on for 1300 miles though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262688880166?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Question about that oil feed kit I have a VF52 I will be putting in and just about all them talk about the 1.0 and 1.8 for journal bearing turbos which is what I have so how will I get the right size?

Ok never mind I saw it in the item description

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know the part number for the timing belt tensioning bracket is it? 13156AA052?

Ah I found it it's 13156AA062 I can't tell what's the difference between the two I don't think the automatic got a different bracket?

Anyone know the part number for the timing belt tensioning bracket is it? 13156AA052?

Ah I found it it's 13156AA062 I can't tell what's the difference between the two I don't think the automatic got a different bracket?

I thought they were all the same and manual just got the extra bump cover piece.

Question about that oil feed kit I have a VF52 I will be putting in and just about all them talk about the 1.0 and 1.8 for journal bearing turbos which is what I have so how will I get the right size?

Ok never mind I saw it in the item description

Sorry a little late i just used the OEM banjo bolt for the VF52.

Anyone know what the cylinder head warp limit is? I can't find the range in the manual or at least in the FSM it does not show when assembly

The machine shop will know the answer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Nice! I've been thinking of having mine powdercoated or painting them. Not sure I want to put the time/effort/money into it though.

Did you use your normal household oven?

I have so much powder left over from my wheels to when I powder coated my IM from my outback so I figured I would just use what I had left over.. it was just quick I used the household oven to do it I made sure the covers were nice and clean and used degreaser on them as not to smoke up the place because of the oil trapped.

Woohoo I'm going to have Saturday off again! I'm hoping two weeks from now the motor will be set and ready to go in.. since my new position they are going to pay me for my vacation so I can get the stuff I put lower down the list. I was going to keep the stock radiator but it's getting a little old

It's been awhile at least two years lol..

I was just test fitting the valve cover gasket that comes with that master gasket kit.. something must be really wrong with that gasket because if it fits in one spot it wont fit in the other spot and it starts to stretch and does not fit in the other areas.. I mean I've done many of them but this one is just nuts.

nvm I got it I guess its because its been in the plastic bag for awhile.

Thinking about going back to the car today to get the IM

Yeah went to go get it

^^^ I remember reading this thread before starting my rebuild. 1100 miles later, your still here! Hope to see her running again soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I found some videos of me driving lol I had 193k miles.. the crazy thing was you can hear the wheel bearing in the video. at the time I thought it was just the exhaust drone because I never heard a bad wheel bearing before until it went out on me on the highway.. now that was scary.

Ok I need a little help trying to figure out the whole how to get the right shim bucket ordered if I can't mix and match.. my exhaust valves are tight on the passenger head for cylinder 1 the spec is 0.30 mm +/- 0.5 mm

Right now for that exhaust valve only a 0.18 mm feeler fits under the cam lobe base what i'm getting at is how to find out the correct cam I need to order?

I don't 100% get how the FSM is trying to find out the replacement bucket..

OK so this is what I have..

0.16 mm is what I checked which clears with the bucket that was installed.. under the bucket was "499" It's measurement is 4.96 mm going by what they say I need a shim that's now 5.11 mm??

wont that be a thicker shim which would further unseat the valve from the head?

*edit

I think I got it... I need to get a shim bucket that's 4.77 in size in order to get back to 0.35 mm

Ok I need a little help trying to figure out the whole how to get the right shim bucket ordered if I can't mix and match.. my exhaust valves are tight on the passenger head for cylinder 1 the spec is 0.30 mm +/- 0.5 mm

Right now for that exhaust valve only a 0.18 mm feeler fits under the cam lobe base what i'm getting at is how to find out the correct cam I need to order?

I don't 100% get how the FSM is trying to find out the replacement bucket..

OK so this is what I have..

0.16 mm is what I checked which clears with the bucket that was installed.. under the bucket was "499" It's measurement is 4.96 mm going by what they say I need a shim that's now 5.11 mm??

wont that be a thicker shim which would further unseat the valve from the head?

*edit

I think I got it... I need to get a shim bucket that's 4.77 in size in order to get back to 0.35 mm

I no longer have the original cams in the heads. Yeah this will be me for every valve.

Well a person at nasioc says I'm wrong about the shim size and it should be 507 something.. I can't see how that's right.. my understanding is the larger the number the thicker the shim is to the cam right?

Archived