LegacyGT.com

Time for a new short block

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving under my own power is going to be the biggest gift of the day. This week I'm going to drop the heads off so they can get checked out. I think the heads on the motor will be around 230ish? I checked on my scale as of now it's at 105 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope my brakes don't stick...b90e7ebfd9b74e5223f19272b788e0dc.jpg1066c309742fe89ba3570675fd2bc3b9.jpgf8ea92c09baa7b12c6d0a28f86f69a89.jpg

Mine looks less rusted granted I move my car by hand a lot to prevent flat spots and make people think I actually fixed it. part of me wants it to ron and part of me wants to believe it's gonna find another reason to take my money when it does run.

• 3 weeks later...

In a holding pattern right now still gotta take the heads to be cleaned and whatever done for the cam caps then the fun comes with doing the clutch. Going to try and get the heads up to the shop this Friday.

I may have some questions a little later on.. just because I want to make sure I have all the screws and bolts for the top and front of the engine.. the rear is pretty much sealed up and just awaiting the flywheel.

btw I was looking at replacing the metal turbo oil hardline for the one I think it was IAG was selling with the breaded one for like $80 something.. I think the OEM price for the metal one is like $40+.. I have mine here but I can't unscrew it from the connection without the whole line twisting and kinking up.

In a holding pattern right now still gotta take the heads to be cleaned and whatever done for the cam caps then the fun comes with doing the clutch. Going to try and get the heads up to the shop this Friday.

I may have some questions a little later on.. just because I want to make sure I have all the screws and bolts for the top and front of the engine.. the rear is pretty much sealed up and just awaiting the flywheel.

btw I was looking at replacing the metal turbo oil hardline for the one I think it was IAG was selling with the breaded one for like $80 something.. I think the OEM price for the metal one is like $40+.. I have mine here but I can't unscrew it from the connection without the whole line twisting and kinking up.

I love IAG but i couldn't spend that either i used this one on my legacy it's holding up fine so far it's only been on for 1300 miles though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262688880166?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

FWIW, my wagon is still using the one that came on the car. If your careful that solid line has enough flex in it to bend it a small amount to get it on and off.

Mine finally broke free once.

Or buy some Aero-Kroil and let it soak over night.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=aero%20kroil&oq=aero%20kroil&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7061j0j8

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, my wagon is still using the one that came on the car. If your careful that solid line has enough flex in it to bend it a small amount to get it on and off.

Mine finally broke free once.

Or buy some Aero-Kroil and let it soak over night.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=aero%20kroil&oq=aero%20kroil&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7061j0j8

Kroil used to send me a cab and a order form to order more but it's been over 2 years now :(

Kroil used to send me a cab and a order form to order more but it's been over 2 years now :(

I still there their cute flier in the mail every few month's. Let me know if you need some, I could may be have them ship you a can...I still have a flier in my recycle box by my desk at work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'll let you know.. Im pissed the transmission in the '08 Tribeca went out on my way to get lunch this is why I said I'd never get another automatic.. on my way to lunch.. at a stop sign to make a right and as soon as I press the throttle horrible sound and lost drive power.. I had limited reverse but that was about it.. soon that was gone. It's going to be a bitch to replace.. last transmission I did was on my '97 outback and the height I had to lift it to get the transmission to clear under the car was crazy high..

killed my mood since I was going to drop the heads off tomorrow to the shop..

I'll let you know.. Im pissed the transmission in the '08 Tribeca went out on my way to get lunch this is why I said I'd never get another automatic.. on my way to lunch.. at a stop sign to make a right and as soon as I press the throttle horrible sound and lost drive power.. I had limited reverse but that was about it.. soon that was gone. It's going to be a bitch to replace.. last transmission I did was on my '97 outback and the height I had to lift it to get the transmission to clear under the car was crazy high..

killed my mood since I was going to drop the heads off tomorrow to the shop..

How many miles on the '08 Tribeca? My '08 Tribeca's transmission has been making noises for a while, and I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to keep it. I got 110k on it.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Archived