LegacyGT.com

RooTBeeR's Cheapo Slow Poke "Build" Thread

Car did 190awhp stock before it blew up, so 60 HP from a tune is sort of a lot though.

Such a low power will keep the 5eat happy as well. I still want the F1 valve body though

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Car did 190awhp stock before it blew up, so 60 HP from a tune is sort of a lot though.

Such a low power will keep the 5eat happy as well. I still want the F1 valve body though

I forget -- are you gonna run the Custom40, too? That, Stage2 and a good tune (heck, even on OTS!) would net you about 250whp.

I can make you some bushings. I just made mine myself. Check out my build thread. (Resurrect Subie wan kenobi) Last couple of post shows what I did. That's a nice mod to ensure the needle bearing don't grenade, thus spending a ton of money on the diff.

I forget -- are you gonna run the Custom40, too? That, Stage2 and a good tune (heck, even on OTS!) would net you about 250whp.

I hadn't shared that part yet, so you didn't forget.

When I originally took my turbo off, and checked it out, I didn't check the end play, only the side to side.

So I thought it was okay at the time.( thankfully, since its been sitting on my trunk led by the garage door, it's easy to get to and always staring at me, so I was playing with it a bit) and when I went back and checked later, it does have end play.

So I would rather have it rebuilt before I put it on and completely ruin my new engine. Lol

But yeah, for $200 more, I might as well get a tad more boost that won't add any lag.

I am keeping stock downpipe though...Kalifornia...

So, technically not stg 2 I guess haha

Easily/legally passing smog, has affected quite a few of the choices I've made for this build.

It probably would have actually gotten a lot more expensive if I wasn't worried about smog check. Lol

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can make you some bushings. I just made mine myself. Check out my build thread. (Resurrect Subie wan kenobi) Last couple of post shows what I did. That's a nice mod to ensure the needle bearing don't grenade, thus spending a ton of money on the diff.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I'll go check it out.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At least gut your DP? I dunno how often you get inspected there but in WA it's every 2 years. We don't do visual inspections (yet), but I'd rather switch out the DP every two years than have to go without if I were Stage 2.

At least gut your DP? I dunno how often you get inspected there but in WA it's every 2 years. We don't do visual inspections (yet), but I'd rather switch out the DP every two years than have to go without if I were Stage 2.

We don't do visual inspections, and, if the news articles are any indication, the Emissions stations are going by the wayside.

Clarify? I read that Washington is considering visual.

No, the whole things are going away. Remember, any vehicle 2009 and newer doesn't have to have emissions inspections, at all. At this point, there will be so few "older" and exempt cars on the road, it's not supposed to make that much of a difference.

Every two years.

Thats more work than I care to do. Stock down pipe can't hurt me that much. And, I probably would gut it if I didn't have to do the sniffer test.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Every two years.

Thats more work than I care to do. Stock down pipe can't hurt me that much. And, I probably would gut it if I didn't have to do the sniffer test.

You have an OBDII car -- shouldn't be a sniffer test. And yes, the stock DP does hurt you that much. Why else do you think a DP is one of the first and best mods?

You have an OBDII car -- shouldn't be a sniffer test. And yes, the stock DP does hurt you that much. Why else do you think a DP is one of the first and best mods?

Its Cali. You have visual, sniffer(on the rollers in gear...awd just to it stationary in neutral), and obdii.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe I missed it, but you did do this, right?

http://i.imgur.com/OOoV9Ec.png

Thought I'd mention it just in case.

Good eye.

I didn't do it because I wanted to check the clearances before I gooped it all together. And sure enough, I needed to order two buckets, one bigger, one smaller. Which should be on my doorstep right now actually.

Then, I'll add the sealant and be done with it.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its Cali. You have visual, sniffer(on the rollers in gear...awd just to it stationary in neutral), and obdii.

FYI. Most stations will have the OBDII/visual only soon if not already. No more sniffer involved.

FYI. Most stations will have the OBDII/visual only soon if not already. No more sniffer involved.

Thats easy to pass then, with a little ecu trickery

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

04/12/2015

installed oil cooler, wrong part number

ordered correct coolant bypass pipe for wrong oil cooler to work

threw the oil filter on for to keep teh parts clean

installed oil pump

installed water pump

bought copper crush washers

bought oil supply plug

bought flexplate

bought turbo oil return hose

installed water pipe

installed Oil control valves

installed heater coolant pipe

Installed timing pulleys

Torqued oil pressure sensor

I think thats about it

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/13/74dcb3229f1d6b4d071bad669b36d37a.jpg

Bed time now that its almost 4:30am

Continue tomorrow.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

04/13/2015

About to go to bed finally. (Yes, Its almost 7am)

I swapped out the two valve buckets that were out of spec for two that were in spec.

I put sealant on the oil control valves and the valve covers and bolted everything back together.

Install the cam seals

Put the timing covers on

Put the cam sprockets on

Used the TIC FU can bolts

Changed all the hose clamps over to worm gear

Put the timing belt on and all of the pulleys

Time the engine and spun it over a few times

Put the knock sensor on it

Put the turbo coolant tank return and breather pipes on

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/14/9abe0593e75ae77e74f2b2e7bc2527d7.jpg

Lol I guess I was tired, I fell asleep before I could finish posting this

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived