LegacyGT.com

RooTBeeR's Cheapo Slow Poke "Build" Thread

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With enough f*ck ups, determination, patience, retardation, and most of all, luck. you too can have nice things.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/14/2b7d541c5ad5a6e85beb3bac19b7260d.jpg

Fumoto Drain valve installed.

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dude! You're almost there! Way to go! Don't forget to bolt on the turbo and UP!

Here's where the problem begins. No money equals long build time.

I still need to get my turbo rebuilt, and I'm going to get TGV deletes, top feed injectors and conversion and the fuel pump(that can wait til after the engines in) and ecutek(also can wait til after the engines done, but I'd rather have it while I'm waiting if possible).

Flex plate is is coming, a couple hoses I ordered are on their way, the venair hose kits I ordered from Mike will hopefully be here in another week or two.

I'm sure there's other things I'm forgetting, but while I'm waiting for all of those things, I'm going to replace a lot of the rubber vacuum lines on the manifold I think. Whichever ones are getting all hard or rotten, if not all of them.

Also, don't to forget to take the front O2 sensor off before installing, if you haven't already.

Does that catch on to things when trying to lower the engine into the bay?

Oh, God, yes! Very important point! I learned the hard way, and, luckily, didn't have to buy a new sensor.

Thats at least a $50 FCK up I'd rather not make haha

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does that catch on to things when trying to lower the engine into the bay?

Thats at least a $50 FCK up I'd rather not make haha

When you start to connect the motor with trans, you will need to rock/wiggle the motor into place. Doing this the O2 sensor will bang against the frame of the engine bay, which will result in a damaged sensor. The front O2 sensor is the air/fuel ratio, which will run you $125. Just another expense you don't want after the motor is in.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Heeded Infamous Mike's warning about the valve opening even with normal driving here in California.

Made a small change that will prevent it.

Drill hole.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/14/c41721ff3b846ceef3e79c61e8f087be.jpg

Add tie wire.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/14/36b29efe7b5b3a1839fbc6c641fab1f6.jpg

Done.

It might not look nice, but I always say Function > Form anyway.

When I need to drain the oil, all I have to do is cut the wire off, and just use a new piece when I close it to refill.

Safety first!

I'm not about to let one tiny $30 part ruin my $8k project.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's where the problem begins. No money equals long build time.

I still need to get my turbo rebuilt, and I'm going to get TGV deletes, top feed injectors and conversion and the fuel pump(that can wait til after the engines in) and ecutek(also can wait til after the engines done, but I'd rather have it while I'm waiting if possible).

Flex plate is is coming, a couple hoses I ordered are on their way, the venair hose kits I ordered from Mike will hopefully be here in another week or two.

I'm sure there's other things I'm forgetting, but while I'm waiting for all of those things, I'm going to replace a lot of the rubber vacuum lines on the manifold I think. Whichever ones are getting all hard or rotten, if not all of them.

Whoa, whoa, whoa -- EcuTek? What for? New flexplate? Is yours damaged?

TGV deletes should be done, but, those are pretty easy, considering. Shit, just delete the butterfly valve, then tap the side holes and seal it shut with a good bolt and some RTV. Weld, if you feel it's necessary.

Topfeed conversion is a good idea, but, doesn't need to happen immediately unless all your injectors are shot, anyhow. Maybe think about doing that next year, after it runs?

Also, my supplier is slow to get the studs -- Don't wait on me if you don't have time, go ahead and use the KB bolts for your pan. I'm still surprised they wouldn't use a stud...

Whoa, whoa, whoa -- EcuTek? What for? New flexplate? Is yours damaged?

TGV deletes should be done, but, those are pretty easy, considering. Shit, just delete the butterfly valve, then tap the side holes and seal it shut with a good bolt and some RTV. Weld, if you feel it's necessary.

Topfeed conversion is a good idea, but, doesn't need to happen immediately unless all your injectors are shot, anyhow. Maybe think about doing that next year, after it runs?

Also, my supplier is slow to get the studs -- Don't wait on me if you don't have time, go ahead and use the KB bolts for your pan. I'm still surprised they wouldn't use a stud...

Ecutek because flex fuel tune.

I did bend my flexplate while removing it, not too bad, but for $20 and knowing a new one won't cause me an issue that would make me have to remove the engine or trans later seems worth it.

I want the $200 poly tgv delete which support top feed only

Stock injectors work, but I don't know if they can support e85 on the stock or jmp turbo.

I would wait, but I want it done once, and then just enjoy it.

I'll need a tune asap anyway, because im pretty sure that my raised compression will cause knock as well as other issues if left on a stock tune.

So what I'm hoping for, is to get it all together, hope that it fires up and everything seems okay, and then take it to get tuned, and then take it to the smog shop so that I can actually get the bastard on the road again.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I might grab an intake just so I can hear "vroooom psh" lol

I read that the cob sf + box will help with that. That's what I went with.

And nice drain valve! I put a mishimoto magnetic plug on mine. Even though most of this engine is aluminum.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/15/b740fd92d0a09526753eb3aa3be98770.jpg

If you want "vrrooom pshh", you want EWG.

No, thats more like

Vroom BWWWAAAAAA RaspRaspRasp

No, that will only make the car sound more like a simi truck.

Also this

Yeah that

Right

Haha

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I read that the cob sf + box will help with that. That what I went with.

And nice drain valve! I put a mishimoto magnetic plug on mine. Even though most of this engine is aluminum.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/15/b740fd92d0a09526753eb3aa3be98770.G]

Yeah, really any of the intakes will do it. Just getting rid of the sealed air box is all you need to do.

I saw the Mishimoto magnet plug, and I ended up going with the cheap-o Blox magnetic plug.

At first, I was just going to get a pipe plug the the 1/2 npt, but then I remembered about the fumoto valve people were recently talking about and decided to go with that instead.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have time, for the reasons I explained a few posts to go, the only thing the Panda is holding me up from putting on is the exhaust manifolds. And even if i put the manifolds on firt, I can still get to it, it's just not as easy.

And besides, I like to do things once, and do them right. I've already been without my car for nearing 1.5 years lol

So wtf is another week or two at this point? :lol:

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

04/15/2015

I ran out of parts. So not much progress today. Other parts are on order, other parts need to be ordered.

Talked to JMP about my turbo.

Got my oil galley plug today.

Installed it.

Installed my IP&T ACVS+Turbo filtered oil lines kit(sort of).

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/15/2e5e09f040610921a3db95cc7941c700.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/15/2fb14a36fe35b9b57f24af4414bbef61.jpg

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived