LegacyGT.com

RooTBeeR's Cheapo Slow Poke "Build" Thread

RootBeer do you ever get the Outback suspension pieces to raise your car?

not yet. goals are to get it back to being my DD when the build is over, then do the hexmods f1 valve body, probably do stainless brake lines and master cylinder brace, then start looking into the lift.

once im able to drive it again though, i might leave all that and get a 2nd vehicle so i always have a back up...then start playing with the lgt with all those fun bits

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not yet. goals are to get it back to being my DD when the build is over, then do the hexmods f1 valve body, probably do stainless brake lines and master cylinder brace, then start looking into the lift.

once im able to drive it again though, i might leave all that and get a 2nd vehicle so i always have a back up...then start playing with the lgt with all those fun bits

I am not sure how long / what experience you have with your car, but...I wish I had done my break upgrades in more stages.

I installed the GS brace and it made the pedal slightly better on Outback brakes / brakes pads.

I then installed Legacy GT calipers, Stoptech pads, stainless steel lines, and new fluid. Which made it amazing feeling (comparatively)

I did a track day on this set-up and had no fade (running DWS though so also no grip)

I am curious how much better it would have felt with just the Stoptech pads.

I am not sure how long / what experience you have with your car, but...I wish I had done my break upgrades in more stages.

I installed the GS brace and it made the pedal slightly better on Outback brakes / brakes pads.

I then installed Legacy GT calipers, Stoptech pads, stainless steel lines, and new fluid. Which made it amazing feeling (comparatively)

I did a track day on this set-up and had no fade (running DWS though so also no grip)

I am curious how much better it would have felt with just the Stoptech pads.

about 13-14k mi in around 11 months...and its been over a year since i drove it.

When you go OBXT suspension, are you gonna run 20s?

hell no, 16's.

probabaly 28" tall tires too

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Won't be able to fit 16s unless you downgrade the brakes. For a car that's lifted up as far as you want it to fit those 28s under there, that's a really poor life choice.

if an obxt has 26.7" from the factory, im sure 1.3"(+0.65" ground height) isnt going to cause issues...28" was just a number that sounded good, i havent looked into tire sizes yet.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Installed:

A new rear main(its almost in there straight)...f***ing pain in the a$$

10945497_10205226521755773_8195355314191130856_n.jpg?oh=bd1678c5fb0130558fcd11bc6137248f&oe=556A3F8E

BMB's bullet proof tmic kit

Turkeylord's Blue T Replacement Fitting

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Question, lots of the parts are for an 08 WRX. Why?

This...

Heads = $1,060

New D25 Bare Castings.

I was originally going to get new “B” heads and 9:1 pistons because this is my daily driver and I spend a lot of time sitting at traffic signals(stop and go) and don’t get to boost much and wanted a little more off idle/boost power. Then I decided that it’s best for me to leave the short block as is, because it’s much cheaper than going through the whole bottom end and taking it to a machine shop and then buying pistons on top of all of that. So I decided to go with “D” heads that will give me an 8.7:1 CR and that’s close enough for me and is far more budget friendly. Higher than it was, and yet still low enough not to give me any “on boost” problems with the Cali Cat Piss 91.

Question, lots of the parts are for an 08 WRX. Why?

08-11(?) WRX is identical to the LGT (Err, 07+ anyway, since D-series heads with the airpump.) --Look under the hood next time you see one. It'll look very familiar.

05-06 lgts don't have the air injection system for the exhaust that heats the cat faster on cold starts... Like the TGV's, its only for cold start emissions.

05-06 lgts had a cat in the up-pipe for cold start emissions instead.

So these 08 wrx heads need these ports blocked for me not to have an exhaust leak

Im getting rid of the stock up-pipe for an OEM carless 04 STI up-pipe.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm learning as I go. These aren't exactly your Briggs & Stratton lawn mower engine or even a SBC for that matter.

So there's a lot to learn.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived