LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! But then again he's got a pretty cool bmw I think he daily drives, along with this insane camaro. I should have taken up working on cars! The dude just loads his cars whenever he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a long story...

So driving home one night - chatting away on the phone. White charger pulls along side and revs a bit, does the whole slow down speed up stuff next to me. I'm not really in the mood, so I ignore him. He proceeds to blast away. At the next light he's in the slower lane and I end up passing him. He maneuvers around and finally gets behind me. As I'm in the inside lane slowly overtaking a car in the outside lane, he pulls into the middle turn lane and rips by me. I'm now quite pissed at that stupid and dangerous move. So, as he is waiting for me to pull along side, I roll the window down. He starts to wave with a smile, but I cut him off with some quite pointed expletives I have mastered over the 42 years of my life. He rolls up his window and drops back. I continue home. I then realize he has pulled into my neighborhood behind me way back - I double around and get behind him. He pulls into his home. I stop and roll down my window - he says "bro, whats with you? Just trying to have a bit of fun", his wife now has run outside to see whats going on...

...you still with me? Ready for the kicker???

I ask if this is his house - "yes". I then ask "Is that your cop car?" to which he says "yes". He then says, "and I know where you live too". I look at him and said "good, and I'm sorry you have made such a stupid decision" (edit note: my wife is a senior sergeant with the same dept, soon to be a lieutenant, he's a basic street cop) and I drive home.

I explain to my wife what all transpired. She then starts getting texts from the dumbass apologizing all over himself for the stupidness and being so immature. Out of this he explains how he has loved my car since moving in and talks about it to his buddies. He wants to get into the car mod culture and was trying to "be cool" to me. He just got his challenger and doesn't know the "street racer codes" and guesses he did a "taboo". He explains he wants to make right and would love to talk shop and check out my car with me and to see if I can help him with modding his - so a couple of days later he wanders down (im not home) with a case of Budweiser and a huge smoked brisket he cooked. (we in texas remember!)

Yes, I could have reported him as well as my wife. But, decided that he was horrified by his actions and realized his mistakes - so thats good enough for me. I cannot lie though, knowing a bunch of cops dig my ride is sorta a cool feeling! Plus, case of beer (even though I'm a Heineken man) and a huge brisket is a great way of getting forgiven.

The end. :)

Every time I go to sonic I get asked what kind of car it is, and now 3 people there are currently looking for one. Those three always compliment my car every time I go there.

When I worked for jimmy john's I used to get told that I had the coolest delivery car they've ever seen.

Most recent was a guy who said it looked awesome and wanted to race me in his beat up old GM car.

I went to pick up our online order from Walmart (awesome by the way) and the lady loading my car asked if it was new. I had just finished its monthly cleaning and took it to the car wash. She was surprised when I told her it was a 2010, said it was really clean. It's nice to get complements after all the work to keep it clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At sonic sitting in the drive thru line. Sonic chick walked out an order to the car in front. Happened to look at mine, and started to walk over exclaiming "thats a sweet car". I said thanks and she looked inside then exclaimed, "oh, and a stick shift?? Thats so hot!". then went inside.

A million things to say went screaming thru my head.... but alas, marriage can be a cold shower to that. lol

At sonic sitting in the drive thru line. Sonic chick walked out an order to the car in front. Happened to look at mine, and started to walk over exclaiming "thats a sweet car". I said thanks and she looked inside then exclaimed, "oh, and a stick shift?? Thats so hot!". then went inside.

A million things to say went screaming thru my head.... but alas, marriage can be a cold shower to that. lol

I have a similar story but it ends with then I woke up.

You guys are getting alot of compliments. In CA i get nothing but bunch of ricer kids trying to race me. Especially the EVO guys. Is it just me or are they all extremely f*****n cocky. There was a nicely fixed up wicked white evo just tailgating me on the way home from work. He was definitely edging me to run him. I wanted to run him so bad, but I kept telling myself, I'm a responsible adult! lol I really dislike alot of the EVO drivers. Are they really that fast that they think they can "smoke" everyone or got something to prove? :offtopic:

I get a lot of the same, at least when someone sees my car and has a vague idea what it is. I generally pull the adult card too. I save my races for fun races that I might lose, corvettes porsches etc., so if I win they are like wtf was that. Much more entertaining.

I saw your mods list... I wouldnt mess with u either LOL

I had a kid in an Ecoboost Mustang pull up next to me a month or so back and proceed to present me with a bunch of induction and blow-off noises, as if that was going to convince me to race him in traffic, in a 45mph zone, right in front of the police headquarters. Didn't work.

You guys are getting alot of compliments. In CA i get nothing but bunch of ricer kids trying to race me. Especially the EVO guys. Is it just me or are they all extremely f*****n cocky. There was a nicely fixed up wicked white evo just tailgating me on the way home from work. He was definitely edging me to run him. I wanted to run him so bad, but I kept telling myself, I'm a responsible adult! lol I really dislike alot of the EVO drivers. Are they really that fast that they think they can "smoke" everyone or got something to prove? :offtopic:

They certainly can be, there is a evo9 in burlington that is probably pushing 600hp and he daily's the thing, cool guy tho. I've only seen him get on it once but he laid rubber from all 4 from a 15 mph roll. the 4g36 can really make power going over 400(crank)hp on stock internals is not unheard of. but like subarus power doesn't come cheap

I see about as many Evo's these days as Legacy GT, which is very rare sighting. Evo's can be very fast, one of my friend had an IX and did what would equivalent to stage 2 mods and E85, it put down low 400's to wheel and it ran high 11's. I have seen quite a few Evo or DSM ( ie 4G63 engines) running 9's at the track.

Anyways good for you to resist the urge. I would like to say I do that all the time, but I can't.

They certainly can be, there is a evo9 in burlington that is probably pushing 600hp and he daily's the thing, cool guy tho. I've only seen him get on it once but he laid rubber from all 4 from a 15 mph roll. the 4g36 can really make power going over 400(crank)hp on stock internals is not unheard of. but like subarus power doesn't come cheap

I see about as many Evo's these days as Legacy GT, which is very rare sighting. Evo's can be very fast, one of my friend had an IX and did what would equivalent to stage 2 mods and E85, it put down low 400's to wheel and it ran high 11's. I have seen quite a few Evo or DSM ( ie 4G63 engines) running 9's at the track.

Anyways good for you to resist the urge. I would like to say I do that all the time, but I can't.

Hey now, I was an EVO guy. That is the only reason I fell in love with my Base WRX and bought it.

Believe it or not, if I had to choose between my modded WRX or a factory spec EVO VIII (the 2005 version), I would take the EVO.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Hey now, I was an EVO guy. That is the only reason I fell in love with my Base WRX and bought it.

Believe it or not, if I had to choose between my modded WRX or a factory spec EVO VIII (the 2005 version), I would take the EVO.

I'd rather a vr4 galant or a vr4 gt3000. the galant has the ultimate sleeper thing going for it, and the gt3000? that thing is just sick, 4 wheel steering FTW

UnspOkn has a 3000gt. I used to have the dodge Stealth, same thing just different fascia. One thing i can tell you is that was for the early 90s would spank even exotics like no ones business. First car I ever took over 165+ was a 1992 gt vr4 making 500-550hp and still had room to keep going. Active aero on it too so felt super stable, there was enough downforce you could smell the tires burning the fender liners. Crazy

The '97 VR4 was the car I wanted to get for the longest time. And that was only after hanging out a Dodge dealership while my parent bought a new Caravan when I was much younger, that I was handed a Stealth brochure instead of the Viper one I asked for.

Lots of love for the Stealth/3000GT around here.

My step dad had a 1st year stealth, it was the 300hp AWD MT version, R/T or whatever they called it. I remember it was stupid quick for the day, drop the clutch and it just squatted and went like hell. He sold it when he retired in 1995 because he thought upkeep would be too expensive. He still regrets selling it and wishes he kept it.

My step dad had a 1st year stealth, it was the 300hp AWD MT version, R/T or whatever they called it. I remember it was stupid quick for the day, drop the clutch and it just squatted and went like hell. He sold it when he retired in 1995 because he thought upkeep would be too expensive. He still regrets selling it and wishes he kept it.

he's not entirely wrong, but definitely should have held onto it.