LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

You never know when a compliment will pop up.......... Yesterday I had to go to the gas station to get gas for my lawn mower (And propane for the BBQ) so I figured I would top up the Leggy too. After I filled her up I went into the station to pay for the propane..... when I came out there were 3 guys standing around my Legacy as if it was a show car on display. I walked up to get in the car and they all stepped back and all I heard was "Awesome car....nice drive"

I should buy more propane more often maybe ;)

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I typically have people ask if my '13 Legacy is a BMW or Lexus. lol

Today I got a compliment of sorts from a Ford Focus ST driver about my 07 LGT. He kept looking and looking from 3 cars lengths ahead. Until I got on it and kept creeping past him. I guess the look of shock while he leaned forward for more POWAH was the compliment. :D

I was cruising down one of our main strips last night, testing out the new wheel spacers and noticed a noisy car next to me. When he pulled up I saw that it was a jacked up Forester. It looked like an adventurer rig, all decked out with a bunch fun stuff. I pulled away from the light and them.;) They pulled up next to me and a guy hung out the back window and screamed is that a GT!! I said, "yes, it is" and he just screamed "that's FU*K*NG awesome, WHOOO".

That was my first compliment on my car and I'm not sure if I will ever get a more excited one.

• 2 months later...
Kinda cool thing happened as I left the store last night. Saw a kid in front of me about 10yrs old running towards my car. When he got to it, he turned back to his dad and yelled "IT'S A SUBARU!" I clicked the unlock on my key fob and he popped up and said "I like your car" Gave him a thumbs up and thanked him. Gives me hope that future generations will keep the car culture going

Kinda cool thing happened as I left the store last night. Saw a kid in front of me about 10yrs old running towards my car. When he got to it, he turned back to his dad and yelled "IT'S A SUBARU!" I clicked the unlock on my key fob and he popped up and said "I like your car" Gave him a thumbs up and thanked him. Gives me hope that future generations will keep the car culture going

Out of the mouths of babes....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 2 weeks later...

Finished a round of golf yesterday and was going back to my car in the parking lot.... 2 old guys (Probably about 80 years old) were standing by my Legacy. When I walked up and popped the trunk release they both approached me to talk.... "That is a beautiful car" I thanked them for the compliment and told them it was a Subaru Legacy....the one guy said "Yeah, I know...our whole family drive Subarus, but they are all Foresters" Said he had not seen a Legacy recently then added "that's a 3.6R 6 cylinder isn't it? Those cars are really fast" He then commented that he had never seen one in Twilight Blue Metallic and really loved the color.

We chatted for a few minutes and parted ways..........Couple old car guys obviously :)

Edited by Scooby Fan

• 1 year later...
I think this was discussed before in another thread, but whenever I see another Legacy (usually a 2.5i) I think they are going to look over and realize I'm driving the bad-ass extra loud version of their car... Then you realize the legacy's target audience and know they have no interest in loud turbocharged sports sedans.
Thats not true, I recently got the 2.5 because I didn't know about the LGT. Now.only if I could find one in CBP

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Beside the one 5th Gen GT saw one the road, that I have yet to have another 5th Gen acknowledge my car. Alcopaulic has it right, it is not the demographic and they don't know it exists. The average Legacy owner probably thinks my hood is aftermarket. I wave to some 5th Gen that either 3.6R/2.5i that clearly aren't stock and they don't wave back either.

I get the nice car, but I got those with my 2.5i too since I keep my cars clean. The only difference is that I get an occasion wave from WRX/STI owner.

I keep hoping a WRX/STI guy would wave, but it's like our cars just blend in. It's hard coming from the Jeep world where everyone waved.....that's before the 4 door Wranglers came into existence and non Jeep people started buying them.

Getting off soapbox. :lol:

I have been trying to wave at more and more STi's/WRX's and all I seem to get back is a confused look without a wave. Maybe I need a giant SUBARU sticker across the front of my windshield to let them know I'm friendly.:)

The only acknowledgement I’ve received recently was a slammed 4th gen who pulled up next to me as I exited my LGT after parking. For whatever reason the driver did a massive throttle-whoosh with their BOV. Loud AF. Annoyed my family. Don’t think it was for any reason other than being a tool. Would have remembered that car from any earlier interactions. Will def remember it now. And not in a good way.

Most the WRX/STI that wave at me are probably just confused and more waving at the hood scoop. I regularly pass by 2 4th Gen LGT Wagon and one 4th GT Sedan on my commute, none them wave. I pass by a newer White STI on my commute that owner regularly waves.

Maybe a Toronto thing, but I get waves and looks from almost every Subaru driver under 60yrs old I see. There tends to be a lot of rubber necking from WRX/STI drivers trying to understand what I'm driving and who's driving it.

I also get at least 1 car trying to race me on the highway evey day heading to work, usually a 3 series or and Audi or infinity driver (I guess that's a compliment) and sometimes American muscle cars come at me (mustangs and chargers)....for the record, I never back down [emoji41]

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk