LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

I don't remember if I mentioned it here, but my dad used to race SCCA, and his last race car was an '85 Shelby Dodge Charger. It sadly went to rot sitting in our parking lot in my mid teens, and we eventually had to get rid of it since it stopped passing emissions and he didn't have the money to get it fixed up.

I'm truly sad I never got to drive it, and that thing would have made a much more fun first car than the 1996 Dodge Caravan Sport I ended up with instead haha.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather a vr4 galant or a vr4 gt3000. the galant has the ultimate sleeper thing going for it

I was thinking about buying a Gallant VR4 back in the early 2000's. Ultimately, I ended buying my GMC Syclone instead. I always like the idea of an AWD turbo car. I also liked the Celica All Trac Turbo as well until I test drove a couple of them (stock and modified) and thought they were overpriced for how slow they were.

I was thinking about buying a Gallant VR4 back in the early 2000's. Ultimately, I ended buying my GMC Syclone instead. I always like the idea of an AWD turbo car. I also liked the Celica All Trac Turbo as well until I test drove a couple of them (stock and modified) and thought they were overpriced for how slow they were.

yea the celica is the saddest replacement that toyota could think up for the supra. it like the deliberately made it suck, i actually like the styling on the 1st gen but dang were they slower than turds.

Walking to my car from a mall one time, my mom said "that's a pretty spiffy looking car, I wonder who that belongs to". Now I notice a disproportionate number of middle age women driving fifth generation Legacys. [emoji52]

Me: Male, 29

Car: 2014 Subaru Legacy 3.6R, Venetian Red Pearl, EyeSight, usually spotless inside and out.

Walking to my car from a mall one time, my mom said "that's a pretty spiffy looking car, I wonder who that belongs to". Now I notice a disproportionate number of middle age women driving fifth generation Legacys. [emoji52]

Car: 2014 Subaru Legacy 3.6R, Venetian Red Pearl, EyeSight, usually spotless inside and out.

yea every time i see a 3.6r and get a little excited I'm let down by the middle aged lady clutching the steering wheel as if she doesn't have a seat to sit in

Unsp0ken, that thing is marvelous. I don't know how you could resist driving that.

As for the Celica, if we had ever gotten the GT-four, it wouldn't be so bad, but yeah Celica's in the states are crap.

It needs tires and suspension pretty badly right now, it doesn't feel near as nice as it used to. I'm wanting to put some KWs on and drop it a bit, it is monster truck status right now. Taller tire would help a bit too. It's not technically mine, hopefully will be someday though. Such a rare car now, hope to keep it around!

It needs tires and suspension pretty badly right now, it doesn't feel near as nice as it used to. I'm wanting to put some KWs on and drop it a bit, it is monster truck status right now. Taller tire would help a bit too. It's not technically mine, hopefully will be someday though. Such a rare car now, hope to keep it around!

have you eliminated the 4WS? i know a lot of people did because they didn't like how it felt and it became a failure risk when going for extra power.

have you eliminated the 4WS? i know a lot of people did because they didn't like how it felt and it became a failure risk when going for extra power.

Haven't done anything to it other than the Axis wheels, Tanabe CBE, plugs and plug wires at about 50K miles in 2000ish. Next year we will likely start in on it. The interior is where most of the work is, I'm going to do the suspension work myself.

yea every time i see a 3.6r and get a little excited I'm let down by the middle aged lady clutching the steering wheel as if she doesn't have a seat to sit in

Pretty much all I see around here are 2.5's. I have gotten some reactions from other ones in the same color, but not many. I've only seen a handful of 3.6's, and only 2 GT's (might've been the same one, both were red).

I passed another silver 3.6R on the highway back from Subaru Shootout the other weekend, and tried to pull in along side him and give him a friendly nod. Couldn't even get a glance out of the oblivious f*cker. :mad:

Pretty much all I see around here are 2.5's. I have gotten some reactions from other ones in the same color, but not many. I've only seen a handful of 3.6's, and only 2 GT's (might've been the same one, both were red).

I passed another silver 3.6R on the highway back from Subaru Shootout the other weekend, and tried to pull in along side him and give him a friendly nod. Couldn't even get a glance out of the oblivious f*cker. :mad:

Come to PA/ohio, we could all meet up at the Cleveland auto show

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

As for the Celica, if we had ever gotten the GT-four, it wouldn't be so bad, but yeah Celica's in the states are crap.

The US did get the GT4, it was called the All Trac Turbo from 88-93. The 90-93 Body style production was similar to 5th Legacy GT rare. 93 production was less than 100. 92 was less than 300. 90 & 91 were over 1000. I drove a stock 92 and I remember it feeling about as fast as my 2.5i. I drove a 91 with higher boost and exhaust (I can't remember if had downpipe or not), but it wasn't fast either. It didn't help that weren't cheap to buy and had very little aftermarket support.

I saw a chick in a 3.6R 6th gen that was debadged yesterday, got a friendly wave out of her. man cleaning up the rear end on that thing really does a lot for it's look, i've never enjoyed the sight of a 6th gen as much as i did yesterday, i almost didn't recognize it at first.

Howdy, fellow Albertan.

• 3 months later...

1. Got a big thumbs up from Grandma and Grandpa. They are also like it lowered. And he said he wants to buy my car. And I said "It's not for sale, but I will contact you if I want to sell the car"

2. Get a thumbs up in my area from a young girl with lowered 3 series. Was surprised.

Since Oregon is full service at all gas stations, I get a comment here and there about my car. Last night, I had a gas station attendant ask if my car was a Legacy and he then commented that it looked real nice. When he started asking me if it was Legacy, I was actually expecting him to ask if it was a WRX instead. That seems to be the typical guess people have because hood scoop. So, I was actually pretty impressed he identified the car correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

While excusing me tardiness on sending money to him since I have been so busy lately, I got a random compliment from a friend I was buying some gaming memorabilia off of, who, to my knowledge, has no real interest in cars. :)

http://i.imgur.com/aqP5LI4.png