LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i forgot. i had some kid rip on me for driving a CVT with a hood scoop and a loud exhaust..... I figure its a compliment that he doesnt even know the car exists.

That's when you say come over here and look at the turbo and when he bends over to look, you slap him in the face with your cack!

Pulled into dunkin this morning and a kid employee was taking the yeah out, he asked if it were a wrx, and I was like nah, legacy. And he was like its so nice! I said thanks of course.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Pulling into the gas station this morning a flat brimmer is at the pump already in a decked out 07 WRB WRX with SUBIEFLOW in big white letters across the top of his windshield. As I drove passed him he put his arms up and shook his head with the "WTF is that?" look on his face. As I went by I saw him looking in his rear view trying to see my trunk badges I guess. When he was finished filling up he pulled next to me and said, "Dude, thats awesome, what kind of Legacy is that?

Went through the TacoBell drive through a couple days ago to grab something quick before a meeting and the drive through guy was like Yo thats sick! Free drink on me! He hooked me up with a baja blast I was like shit thank you man haha Also got an alignment yesterday from townfair, was nice to get it aligned better than it was but they still botched the specs I wanted, as I went to start it up a couple employees from the back came out and said they've never seen one like this before, liked it etc. Was a good couple of days haha

I work with kids on weekends and they always compliment me on my fifth gen. They keep asking me how much I paid for it and ask how I can afford such a nice car. They can't imagine me working a FTE 1.0 during the week as it doesn't fit their idea of me haha. However, they always berate the navigation system. [emoji106]

I also get compliments from the valets at the dealership. I keep my car spotless inside and out. Once the valet told me I have 's beautiful car and I'm very lucky haha. Naturally I tipped him because I'm sure he only makes minimum wage and I always reward good service (i.e., driving my car respectfully and not like it's stolen).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Izzypal
Removal of picture.

Had two positive encounters with two other Ice Silver Metallic 5th gens today:

1. Passed an ISM '13/'14 2.5i with som custom wheels on the highway, gave him a smile and a wave, and got a smile and a wave back.

2. Just parked at the grocery store next to another ISM 2.5i with a roof rack and a slight drop (or a lot of stuff in the trunk), and the owners were leaving the store as I was walking in and we exchanged "nice car"'s.

Been a good day. :)

Met up with some guys from a local subaru club last night and got a lot of decent compliments, all vaguely similar, oh I didnt know anyone had these, looks good; or, I didnt think I really liked these body styles but this looks pretty nice.

I'll take what I can get from wrx owners, there was a 4th gen legacy there but no other 5th gens.

• 1 month later...
I was talking to a guy at work yesterday. He was asking about good gently used cars in the 20-30k range. I of course mentioned accord, lexus es etc.. He saw my car out front and asked what it was. I told him and he said it was absolutely gorgeous and really loved it. I mentioned that the gt is hard to find, but 3.6r's are a bit easier. Anyway, after our conversation he decided that is what he is going to buy next. Looks like we have another 5th gen owner coming soon.

Nah... We 'old' guys truly do not ever really grow 'up.' Out, maybe... I really have to agree with Scooby Fan on this one... Headed for 71, and except for the aches, pains, arthritis, etc., the head is still much, much younger.

Cheers.

Byll

• 2 weeks later...

Gf's neighbor who did my timing belt liked my car so much, he decided to buy one to fix up. She asked her parents why my car was across the street because I guess it's the same year and color haha. Probably not a GT though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk