LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always go rpmk104's route and raise it up!

hahaha no its too big and to good on the highway for me to be into that. if it was an impreza tho i could be into that. I wonder if i could get away with larger tires + a little drop to give me a similar ground clearance with less arch gap.... HMMMM:icon_idea

It worked fine when not lowered but im worried about the front. Worst case I leave the stockers on there and sell that setup for a new one. Except i still have snow tires on my stockers and its 85 degrees out :(

Pre-drop

27217441811_3efe981765_b.jpg

Edited by ChrisCrash

Looking good ChrisCrash-

FYI, I'm running 19X8, +35 on 245/40/19. Dropped on Eibachs (1") w/ Koni's and get the occasional rub in the rear over medium to large bumps. May end up needing to roll the rear fenders slightly but only after I get a chance to inspect.

I think your wheel specs and tire specs, you'll be poking more than me, 3/4" drop might prevent rubbing but my guess is a roll is in your future.

I'll be doing a 3/4 inch drop on 255/40/ 19x8.5 et38 this weekend. I'll post some pics up to see if its something you'd be interested in.

yes i'd be very interested... except i was thinking more like 45 or 50 aspect ratio tire on 18's because I'm all about the sidewall

^^^ I apy with my little eye a unicorn.

chrysler crossfire AKA botched copy of an SLK 320.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

^^^ I apy with my little eye a unicorn.

chrysler crossfire AKA botched copy of an SLK 320.

There was a very short black body builder that used to go our gym. He had a Crossfire with a license plate that said "LUCIFA". :lol:

Got deuces from two different WRX drivers today. Not too bad for up here in the Subie saturated Pacific Northwest, where if you listen to the guys in the PNW sub-forum, they hate on 5th Gens. :redface:

Hahaha domt worry about those guys in the PNW forum. We're all prettttyyy sarcastic group of fellas. 4thgens are wildly abundant up there and those dishing out the hate happen to have some of the most respected ones. It's us teasing one another, don't take too much offense to it. Just be glad Mr.Tris is banned. He's a handful, even in person he didn't have much to say about my car until he finally realized the build he backed off a little with smartass comments. Boxita, Magnusonsubie and a few other repetitive posters are VERY knowledgeable. Good guys to have on your side ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I had the L7 out for a spirited drive in the country not far from my house. During the drive, an Evo 9 rolled up behind me, though he didn't get up on my tail and ride it like I was anticipating. We came into a roundabout (yes, there is actually a roundabout on this country road), me still leading, and I nailed it on the way out. I expected him to be either on my a$$ or pulling alongside to pass but he remained in my rearview with me very slowly pulling away until I let off at ~75 mph.

I dialed it back after that and started making my way home via a series of back roads with him still following me, albeit at a reasonable distance. Finally I stopped at a grocery store near my house just to see if he was going to pass on or pull in. I didn't think I had done anything to legitimately piss him off but the roads he followed me on seemed too deliberate to just be his chosen route for the day. He pulled in and trotted over to me as I was walking up to the store with a small smile on his face and he said 'Dude, what the f*ck is that thing? I was planning to walk you coming out of that roundabout.' I told him a little bit about the car and he made as if to get going after telling me it was the meanest and loudest sleeper he'd ever seen. I thanked him and walked into the store. As I did, I looked out the windows back to the parking lot and saw him outside snapping a few shots of the car with his phone :cool:

recieved all the props in the world on the to and from WBM. passed a convoy of probably 20 cars on there way from quebec and got loads of thumbs out the windows. i saw one 5th gen LGT on the way back and we obviously exchanged appreciation

Cruisin on the highway at a smooth 60,can't go any faster because of the bent rims, and an old school 5.0 mustang pulls up next to me, gives me a nod, I give him the thumbs up, he revs and takes off like a bat outta hell, gave me the chills it sounded so nice

http://images.dealer.com/autodata/us/640/color/2014/USC40SUC011A0/TB1.jpg

you think thats dark Blue..... GET ON MY LEVEL

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/2014_subaru_legacy_2_5i_premium_blue_in_allentown_pennsylvania_1430007460832702085.jpg

this photo does DIP no justice (and it does ABP no justice), its actually much darker than that, but i figured stock photo vs stock photo