LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was doing life insurance stuff at work yesterday, started talking about how my car insurance has life bundled. Co-worker across the table says "how much do you pay, it's gotta be a lot since it's a turbo sports car right". Guy doing her insurance looks at me all big eyed and smiling "what kind of car...." I replied '10 Legacy GT... it's a "sports sedan" not a sports car.. he says ohh man I've only seen them online, never in person , btw I had a 06 STI I traded for my forester when I had my first kid. So after all said and done he was waiting on me to leave just to check it out unfortunately it was after 6 and it was pitch black but he got to see her tailights dissappear [emoji4]

• 1 month later...
Was at the shop (non-subie shop) getting an alignment. A service tech not working on my car walks up and says "Sweet ride man. Saw the scoop and popped the hood, didn't know the legacy comes with a turbo!" We talked shop for another 15 min or so while another tech was finishing up the alignment.

Started working at my new job a couple weeks ago. A co-worker and I went to lunch and took my 3.6R, he got in and complimented on how nice car looked on the inside. On the way back to work, I put it in sport mode and pulled out from the light full throttle till about 55-60. He asked if it was turbo, hehe. Its completely stock, can't wait for intake, headers, full exhaust, and tune. He will probably think I put a supercharger on it, lol.

Started working at my new job a couple weeks ago. A co-worker and I went to lunch and took my 3.6R, he got in and complimented on how nice car looked on the inside. On the way back to work, I put it in sport mode and pulled out from the light full throttle till about 55-60. He asked if it was turbo, hehe. Its completely stock, can't wait for intake, headers, full exhaust, and tune. He will probably think I put a supercharger on it, lol.

I have had numerous people ask me if my 3.6 had a turbo....must be something about the engine/intake sound :rolleyes:

My son in law drove and STi for quite a while and he asked me right after I bought it...even my brother who knows cars and drives a Boxster S asked what the sound was on hard acceleration...I have a funnel intake in lieu of the milk jug,,,, maybe that's part of it. :cool:

Had a coworker ask me today if he could use my LGT for his wedding car. He wanted to drive it and is a bit of a rough guy who I personally wouldn't like driving my car, so I awkwardly said "Sorry I'm busy with it on that day"

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/S2BARU/Screenshot_2016-02-03-14-09-57_zpsh9vdqdgp.png

Was waiting until ImportImage launched their new site to share the news :D

They contacted me a few weeks ago asking for pictures, wasn't sure which one they would pick but seems to fit their needs. Definitely feeling grateful :)

When I was changing my oil today at my buddies shop there was a guy there getting tires on his Lexus ISF. At first he was very confused what the heck my car was, thought it was a weird Lexus he had never seen. Gotta love the L7 badges. I then explained to him what it was. He asked how fast it was and I said just about as fast as your car and with a couple grand more in mods a bit faster. He was quite impressed and said that he should have saved his money and bought a Subie. Subaru FTW

When I was changing my oil today at my buddies shop there was a guy there getting tires on his Lexus ISF. At first he was very confused what the heck my car was, thought it was a weird Lexus he had never seen. Gotta love the L7 badges. I then explained to him what it was. He asked how fast it was and I said just about as fast as your car and with a couple grand more in mods a bit faster. He was quite impressed and said that he should have saved his money and bought a Subie. Subaru FTW

Is it really about as fast as an isF tho? i think we are a bit closer to the is350

Is it really about as fast as an isF tho? i think we are a bit closer to the is350

Real world the ISF is about 4.5 0-60. They have 416 hp, but only 370 lb/ft of tq and they are about 450 lbs heavier than us. Stock they would beat us for sure. Stage 1 prob even to 60 if we get a bitchin launch. Stage 2 or 3 I do not think they would have a chance.

Real world the ISF is about 4.5 0-60. They have 416 hp, but only 370 lb/ft of tq and they are about 450 lbs heavier than us. Stock they would beat us for sure. Stage 1 prob even to 60 if we get a bitchin launch. Stage 2 or 3 I do not think they would have a chance.

Yea stage 1 0-60 with sticky tires we most likely take the isF, but that thing will eat our lunch 40-100. now stage 3 god knows what these things will do

A guy in a modded WRX gave me the peace sign as I drove by about a week ago. That was the first. Just yesterday I happened to be stuck at a light and a buddy of mine who I haven't seen in quite some time passed by in his all blacked out lifted truck. He texted me and asked if the Subaru was mine. I replied yes and his response was "Nice it was sweet looking." Told him thanks and that it was stock, for now.

A guy in a modded WRX gave me the peace sign as I drove by about a week ago.

That is great..... I stopped at a store the other day and was right behind a new WRX with some nice wheels and added stuff........ when I got outta my Leggy I caught his eye and said "Nice car"...he was startled and said "Yeah, it's a Subaru" then looked at me like I may be an alien and just walked away. :lol:

Not too aware I guess?? :spin: