LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a kid in a 2011ish VW GTI today kind of behind and to the right of me at a light. He spent a whole lot of time looking at my car, I assume trying to figure out what it was. Then when we took off he passed me and then went in front and I saw him looking in his rear view. Finally he pulled up next to me at the next light and rolled down the window. He said" what the heck is that" I said legacy and he said" looks really sweet, is it quick". I said thanks and yes and took off like a bat out of hell. I can only imagine what he is thinking now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been seriously out of commission for the past 2 weeks....but finally felt up to going for a short drive around our area this morning. Pulled into the parking lots at one of the local golf courses and spotted a friend (Hadn't seen him in over a year) getting out of his Acura TX. When he saw me in the 3.6R he yells out...."Shit man...every time I see you, you are driving a new car".......he comes over and checks out the Leggy and declares...."That is such a sweet ride.....wish I had bought one"

BTW his TX is tastefully modded and always in pristine condition..... Made me feel good!!! ;)

Driving to work today, stopped at s light and had a BRZ pull up next to me. The guy said my car sounded so mean. And what shocked me was he knew what it was. Talk a little until the light turned green, then he turned while I went straight. Good talk.

Was just cruising back from a friend's house and this new Honda civic was following for the past mile and took my exit. As we were cruising to the light he rips up next to me and all 4 dudes in the car start giving thumbs up and taking pics. Was pretty awesome so I dropped a couple gears and we parted ways. Gotta love car enthusiasts ;]

ROTFL...which one of you guys posted this? Is it Perscitus?

comment.thumb.jpg.d809faab86525579d4d41929e973c606.jpg

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

that would this guy

I saved it as my background at work for when work drags me down to the seventh level.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I thought you were doing pretty well myself, but I know better than to be enabling someone to quit their dayjob. Maybe go part time and let some of the teams see what you can do on the track with an overweight underpowered family car and they will put you into something more fitting to your skill...Lol!

Oh btw in the spirit of this thread, the security officer at my work always pokes his head out to say good morning, but then Saturday he also asks "does that have a turbo?" I say yes, he says " that is a neat car". Mind you he is probably in his early seventies and rides a motorcycle sometimes, very nice guy and buttoned down, definitely didn't expect that.

Edited by FLlegacy

Just filled up at the gas station and there were 4 school buses refueling there as well and one of the drivers, who was probably in his 70's told me I had a nice looking Subaru. I said thanks and then he walked over and started talking to me more as I was checking the oil. He said it had a very classic look to it and it made him miss his Outback XTs, he'd had two of them before. He also asked if I'd had it tuned or done anything to it yet and turns out he knew a little about modifying turbo Subarus and went on to tell me that he had his XT tuned through an AccessPort and that it had an exhaust. We talked for a good 10 minutes about how I liked the Legacy's performance, went over what I had already done to it and told him what I had planned. After he sat in it he told me he was going to try to track one down. Was pretty cool to meet someone much older than I that knew about these cars and had even modified their own Subaru not too long ago.

So I got my first compliment from someone I don't know yesterday. I was driving down the freeway and a guy in a Audi came up and gave me a thumbs up. Then we took the same exit and he pulled up next to me and said "that's one of the sexiest cars I have seen rolling down the freeway" I said thanks nice S4 he asked if I wanted to trade? I laughed and turned left cause the light turned green

Went to pick up lunch from Jimmy Johns for the fam on Saturday. As I got the front spot (lucky living I guess) and walked in, two of the guys that worked there just started eye-banging the car. I paid the chick behind the counter and as I walked out, one guy said "That's an awesome car". I said, "thanks, I'm able to get groceries reeeeeeeealy fast". Fun.

So here I am in Goodland,KS filling up for the trek out east. Clean off the windows, double check everything, roll it upfront and walk inside to release myself and two middle aged ladies are at the counter...

Lady 1 "you're a long ways from home handsome"

Me " chuckle...well not the first time"

Lady 2 " is that some type of racecar? It sure caught my attention "

Front half of my car is wrapped with painters tape btw

Me " well somewhat, just depends on the day.."

Lady 2 "is that some type of bra on there? Why is it blue?"

Me ' just painters tape, keeps the bugs off and semis from chipping up the front"

Lady 1 " did you forget your bra at home?

Lady 2 " are you talking to me?..my front end doesn't look that good when forget my bra at home"

We all start laughing and I just say well ladies have a great day

ROFL...should've bought that horny goat weed from the dispenser in the bathroom. These women were easily double my age

But if you bang them both at the same time, it's like scoring with 4 women 1/2 their age... or your age... or something like that...

What's the saying? Two 50s make a 10? Hmmm... that doesn't seem quite right.

You're lucky you got out of there alive S2. Those cougars were about to pounce on you.

No better compliment than the guys working at ECS Performance all gathering and complimenting the car when I was getting tuned. Glad others like it just as much as I do :] Paul (tuner/owner) is trying to talk his wife into getting one now!

• 2 weeks later...
not exactly a compliment. but i had a guy pull up next to me at a light just now and ask me how i like the car. i told him i love it, the low mount turbo is the balls but I've had some troubles with electronics. he asked if it was still made i said unfortunately no then took off and made the next light that no one else even came close too.

This was a roundabout compliment (I think). Last night 2 high school-ish age guys in a haggard and ricey Civic were looking at my car while it was parked.

As I was walking back to it, one of them said 'Nice Scion!' (L7 badges must have confused him a little).

I said 'Thanks, but its actually a Subaru Legacy.'

He and his friend look both looked surprised, then excited. They went back to their car and waited for me to back out, then proceeded to follow me, driving pretty close on my tail and revving a lot. We finally got to the interstate ramp and I opened it up (as much as I could while watching my boost gauge to see that it stayed around 22 PSI - still working on my overboost issue).

When they caught me on the highway, one of them held up a tablet in the window with a pic of me zipping down the ramp. He then put the tablet down for a couple seconds and when he lifted it up again, it said 'Nice fucking Subaru!!' ;)

I dont think I will ever get a 5th gen compliment again.