LegacyGT.com

New Short Block Time...

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not suggesting you should reconsider, just that it will affect your tune. Bren will get you sorted, but I would let them know that you have increased the CR so they know what base map to set you up with.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well the CP tech recommended I stick with the 9.0:1 pistons - said they would be more efficient on e85. He recommended a lower boost tune for pump gas - which is fine for me as that's just a backup/road-trippin tune.

He also confirmed that the rest of the piston is the same, and that I could swap the rings over and drop them in if I decided to go that route...

What are Bren's thoughts on it? Not doubting your retailer, but if Bren is providing feedback to the contrary, there's a reason for it.

If it's just a matter of changing the pistons and reusing the new rings, to get to where your tuner needs to start, you'll be starting off on solid "known" ground, rather than creating a "new" starting point.

Would rather build incrementally, knowing that there's plenty of headroom (depth and breadth) to make changes as you build it out. Just my thoughts, and it's your build so I'm with you whichever way you go.

Yeah - that's definitely a think-about then. If you can't run it in DD mode on 91 or 93...that would be a strong consideration for not going with higher compression.

The '05 is 8.2:1 CR, just to clarify.

Not sure why Bren would have a concern, given that just last week he tuned an 8.9:1 CR (Wiseco) car I built for a customer running an EVO16G, Cobb UP/DP, and 91 octane. Car made 270whp/290wtq at 16.5PSI on his Mustang Dyno.

Are you running these pistons with D25 heads? (Sorry, I haven't followed your whole thread.)

*edit* Just realized you are running E85... I don't have much experience with that as E85 is still pretty rare up here. Bren has a lot of experience with it, so I would definitely lean on him for advice.

The '05 is 8.2:1 CR, just to clarify.

Not sure why Bren would have a concern, given that just last week he tuned an 8.9:1 CR (Wiseco) car I built for a customer running an EVO16G, Cobb UP/DP, and 91 octane. Car made 270whp/290wtq at 16.5PSI on his Mustang Dyno.

Are you running these pistons with D25 heads? (Sorry, I haven't followed your whole thread.)

*edit* Just realized you are running E85... I don't have much experience with that as E85 is still pretty rare up here. Bren has a lot of experience with it, so I would definitely lean on him for advice.

Because he could actively and dynamically watch changes as he's tuning it on the dyno and road-tuning after? Wonder if the concern is the e-tuning with higher CR?

Location doesn't show up on the phone :p

I'm sure whatever you end up with you'll be happy!

Oh, :lol:, Fargo, ND. :)

I just talked to my old dyno tuner on the phone and he said it should be no problem what-so-ever, and I'll probably pick up some torque on E85.

Decision made? :confused:

Yeah, I spoke before understanding the full scope of this project. That's what I get for trying to pack in forum stuff during lunch. :redface:

Late lunch... ;)

Archived