LegacyGT.com

New Short Block Time...

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, impressive, I only torqued the flywheel bolts and clutch bolts. Everything else was tight enough. Ok Axle nuts too.

But I've been working with nuts and bolts for over 40 years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hi-comp motors tend to run less ignition and boost safely, nearly everywhere with no gain in power or off idle response (pre turbo). This in turn makes less power.

While it is do-able they tend to be knock prone on lower quality fuel (less then 100 octane) and require some creative tuning. This may not be obvious on low horsepower setups 250-280whp, but increasingly obvious as power goes up.

In the case of the customer being on E85, this will negate alot of issues with compression due to octane.

Bren

I was able to get a longer bolt to grab in the stripped out oil pump hole, but in the process of re-installing the pump I Hicksta'd the oil seal. :spin: so now I have to wait till tomorrow to pick one up.

Otherwise the bottom of the engine & exhaust are finished. The dipstick tube was a PITA to get seated, I had to clearance the bigger of the 2 up pipe brackets for the turbine housing inlet flange, and I had to tweak one of the turbo water pipes BNR provided to fit. Other than that everything went pretty well. :)

http://i.imgur.com/sdyf9O8l.jpg

When will you be putting on the intake and turbo inlet tube ? I would do that now before you put it in the car. It should look like this,

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4776.jpg

Did you remove the front banjo filter ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yep, that's next, I just need to finish porting one of the TGVs.

Front banjo filter? I removed them both from the back of the heads, is there one in the front too? I left that little line on the driver's front pretty much assembled so I could've easily missed it...

The front banjo filter is behind the timing belt cover on the drivers side. Get it before you put the timing gears on.

Use a good oil filter and you should be fine.

Archived