LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My short term goal is to get to 4 miles in 30 mins. I avg'd about 8.8mins/mile. I want to get it below 8min/mile for 4+ miles.

But, really, I'd just like to see my abs again. It's been a while.

6packs are made in the kitchen not the gym FWIW.

That's 100% our issue too (time).

I end up running during the work day when I can (pleasure of working from home), and the wife ends up going at like 6am, which sucks in it's own right.

Been only doing about twice a week, but it still feels good. Unfortunately, I still kinda hate it. I feel like I got burned out or something. That Goofy Challenge ruined me. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Surgery went well. Great facility, great staff. Pain was pretty intense for first 24 hours but i had a pain pump installed, which came out yesterday, augmented by percocet and advil. Typing with one hand isnt ideal. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. another week and it should be ready for rehab *fingers crossed*
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 5 weeks later...
After the insanity of thanksgiving week and being sick the week after, I'm gearing up for a run. Its been 2 weeks and its about 20f outside, so its gonna suck.

it's always hard to get started.

But after a week or so it becomes natural.

Good Luck lol

Goddamit I'm being lazy and eating like crap these last couple weeks.

This was me. Figure just finished a big race take some time off for winter. Then on Sat I saw some friends and they said I was looking chunky. I put on 5lbs but when you get down in wight 5lbs looks like a lot :mad:

Goal for the day. Drink lots of beer. Start early.

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!

I've been sticking with my weight training I started the 1st week of October. Currently 160-162 lbs, up from 150. My goal is around 160 lbs, but much leaner, by the summer. I'm guessing I'm around 15-17% body fat right now...a couple years ago, the gym I went to offered a free personal training session, which included body fat % test done with caliper measurements, and after a few months they measured me again. So, I've got too very fuzzily remembered data points. My current gym mailed out some Christmas coupons (discount for referrals, etc), one of which was a free personal training session, so I may take advantage of that.

I'd like to get back down to 10% or so (where I was the second time they measured me), which means another 7-10 lbs of muscle. I'm gonna keep up with what I'm doing till about April, assuming progress continues, and then in April/May/June focus on getting some definition for the ladies.

I'm not looking forward to the wave of New Year's resolutioners - stay fat, you fatties! :lol: Part of my motivation for signing up in October was to avoid the New Year's rush.

Archived