LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Chicago down - Worst finish time but I felt good and feel good today.

marine Corp in 2 weeks :mad: <- my race face.

MCM was great! I wish they would use corals and the stupid slow people wouldn't go to the front but a great race.

Im now looking to see if I can find 1 more marathon in the next few weeks. Legs feel great and i wouldn't mind a trifecta.

i keep entering the lottery for NY but never any luck.

You ever do Chicago?

Never! Would do it one day though.

My wife and I both got into nyc on our first attempt via lottery. I also found three 4 leaf clovers the day we got our letters. No joke.

Doing the Across the Bay 10K Sunday. I haven’t done anything but ride since August. I’m a little worried, but am only walking. Stuck at 67 down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Run as much as you can and walk the rest. Quickly. :)

Never! Would do it one day though.

My wife and I both got into nyc on our first attempt via lottery. I also found three 4 leaf clovers the day we got our letters. No joke.

I have tried that lotter for the last 5 years with nothing :(

Run as much as you can and walk the rest. Quickly. :)

Do a 4:1 run walk ratio.

• 7 months later...
Beats me then - only 16 kg down from worst case of about 110 kg.

Now it's 24kg (52 pounds) down, soon to reach next goal of 85kg (187 pounds).

The challenge will be to stay there.

453747.png

The Green Beret Challenge in WV. I've always wanted to do the tough mudder though, never could find a team to run with. Decided to man up and tackle this solo.

Impressive you are motivated enough to go solo. I don't enjoy the drive, parking, finding place to secure your stuff and all the other crap involved with running the race. I especially don't enjoy doing all that alone. The races themselves are an enjoyable challenge.

Keep up the motivation

Impressive you are motivated enough to go solo. I don't enjoy the drive, parking, finding place to secure your stuff and all the other crap involved with running the race. I especially don't enjoy doing all that alone. The races themselves are an enjoyable challenge.

Keep up the motivation

Thanks for the encouragement! I have never done a race like this before, so I might be unaware of how much I am getting myself into. I actually have some friends in Beckley (where the race is being held), who I am hoping will be able to help me out a bit with some of the arrangements. If they are busy, guess I will try to make some friends!

Regarding the drive, I know the race is pretty much an all weekend event, with camping the night before and after. Sounds nice and all, but not sure if I will be able to spend the entire weekend away from home.

Regarding the drive, I know the race is pretty much an all weekend event, with camping the night before and after. Sounds nice and all, but not sure if I will be able to spend the entire weekend away from home.

Yea. I am not willing to give up all weekend...or even all day. So I opt out of most of the races.

• 2 weeks later...
After a year of weight loss, and a year of none, getting back on track. 5 lbs down this month. Walked a fast 5K last weekend and back in the pool a couple times a week. 45/50 lbs to go- 65 down. So glad I’ve maintained, so I know I’ve got this, when I lose more!

Archived