LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

skipped the last four days at gym, ate badly, slept worse. Overslept this morning and went in feeling like crap. A hard workout was made harder by everything hurt. Couldn't even do a proper squat with a empty bar.

Changing how you do things is hard. Wifey and I had a long chat this weekend, and she has gotten way more supportive and cheerleader like. It may be putting one foot in front of the other, however, it's when you look up and realize the journey never ends that you stumble. Was working on a quarterly plan. Now its a weekly plan. Did pretty good last week. This week has not started well. Have 3 days to salvage it.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Have you trained and run one?

I'm an expert. I did my first one with no training. The 2nd one, I ran a couple of miles, read a magazine or two, and drank 2 beers at the starting line (a numb feeling makes it easier to get started). The 3rd one, I bailed at 13 miles and spent the rest of hte day in the bar.

That's quick! Going for a Boston qualifier?

Yuo :)

I've got 5 fulls under my belt. April will be another half.

I got 1 half in the plan debating about signing up for another :spin:

Damn. That's really fast man. Great goal!!

1/2 time was 1:43 with little training...The full plan has me running 5 days a week. Its only 7:15's :eek::cool:

That's pretty damn fast. I've never 'speed trained' for a half or full. I've always done that training nonchalantly, as I never had the time (or energy) to devout to speed training. Plus, im assuming your inherently faster than me anyways! LOL

My fastest 5k time was 21:30....And that was tough. Though I wasn't really speed training for a 5k at that time, I just coincidentally got faster (for short distance) doing intervals during marathon training one year.

That's pretty damn fast. I've never 'speed trained' for a half or full. I've always done that training nonchalantly, as I never had the time (or energy) to devout to speed training. Plus, im assuming your inherently faster than me anyways! LOL

My fastest 5k time was 21:30....And that was tough. Though I wasn't really speed training for a 5k at that time, I just coincidentally got faster (for short distance) doing intervals during marathon training one year.

Mine was mid 20's but I also ran a mile to the start line :lol:

You want to see the plan and give feedback send me a PM with an e-mail addy ;)

i'm an expert. I did my first one with no training. The 2nd one, i ran a couple of miles, read a magazine or two, and drank 2 beers at the starting line (a numb feeling makes it easier to get started). The 3rd one, i bailed at 13 miles and spent the rest of hte day in the bar.
shut up you

My first full was 4:59:50. Beat my goal by 10 seconds. My buddy who trained like a madman was an hour faster. He passed out halfway thru dinner from exhaustion and slept most of the next day, too.

The 2nd one I did to impress a girl. I got laid, so I don't remember the time.

The 3rd one was for kicks. With nothing on the line, I rapidly concluded this was dumb. I vaguely remembering having to take a taxi to my car the next day, so I guess it was a good day.

Much older, and wiser, I just don't see another marathon in my future. 5k & 10k that have beer waiting at the finish line? I'm ok with that.

The 2nd one I did to impress a girl. I got laid, so I don't remember the time.

pics or it didn't happen.

Much older, and wiser, I just don't see another marathon in my future. 5k & 10k that have beer waiting at the finish line? I'm ok with that.

5ks are warmup ;)

NOW SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

there's a 5k in Seattle that starts at the beer garden, where you can purchase a refreshment. After running the 5k, you cross the finish line with 3 finish chutes: one for under 21, one for over but not drinking, the widest one for drinkers which takes you right to the bar. The finish line drink is 1 liter of german beer after which you are handed tokens for 5 more beers.

Archived