LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found my "Royal Canadian Air Force Exercise Plans for Physical Fitness" Guide.

Includes the XBX 12-minute-a-day plan for women (10 tested exercises) and the 5BX 11-minute-a-day plan for men (5 tested exercises). So more exercises with less duration for the women and less exercise for the men with longer duration. Seems about right.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

search for "body Rock" and try going through there daily routines. I thought it was going to be easy but honestly the cardio got me real good real fast.

what kind of workout you doing when watching the girls on body rock? :rolleyes:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

that's pretty much my goal to. I want to be able to have stamina and not fatigue so quickly.

weight circuits. high rep, lower weight.

cardio. interval training. ie treadmill run/walk/run.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

and ftr......your weight goals. 1/2-2lbs a week is considered safe weight loss that you won't gain back if you're doing it right.

yeah I lost a lot of weight a few years ago by doing my program but then I slacked off and stopped doing it and so I've put on about 10lbs/year since then. I'm a Mesomorph body type so luckily for me I can get it off quicker than some other types can. Of course I can gain it too so I guess it goes both ways.. :lol:

and ftr......your weight goals. 1/2-2lbs a week is considered safe weight loss that you won't gain back if you're doing it right.

this depends heavily on your body weight and level of overall fitness.

a high-end 90-day goal for someone in good health is about 10-12% weight loss, slightly less if you're also doing strength training. (we're not talking Biggest Loser here with personal trainers and dedicated physicians, but reasonable.)

also, run/walk/run is probably the least effective type of interval training, and puts you at the most risk for injury. don't think of your muscular and cardio systems independently, think of them as a machine. do you floor your car for a mile, then coast for a mile, then floor it again? (i hope not :lol:) and don't use time limits like 30/60 or 60/120; you'll either be pushing too hard or not hard enough. "train to standard, not to time."

you'll get much better results by warming up, then gradually increasing your speed until you're at about 80% of max and holding that speed as long as you feel you can, then slowing back down to a light jog for about 20 seconds and slowly increasing your speed again. rinse, repeat. if you completely stop to walk, your muscles can tighten up and cramp when you try to speed up again. you're basically confusing your body unecessarily. after a few weeks, you'll be amazed at how long your body can maintain that "right at the edge" speed.

additonal tips:

- get a proper amount of sleep (this gets ignored a lot), and don't sleep in until 11 on weekends.

- trace back from the time you normally go to bed, and don't take in ANY empty calories past 4 hours prior to that time, and as few carbs as possible (yes, this includes beer!) you're SUPPOSED to be hungry after you get up, not still full from your 9pm 1000 calorie dinner.

- if you're going to run a lot, get decent shoes. not nikes, and nothing from walmart. go to a real running shoe store and get properly fit. if the guy at the store doesn't watch you walk and run in the shoes or know the difference between cushion and stability and pronation types, you're at dick's sporting goods. leave and find a real store. this extends to socks as well... take care of your dogs and they'll take care of you. ;)

this depends heavily on your body weight and level of overall fitness.

actually i've found in the 13 years i've been in the in the industry 1/2-2lbs is safe across the board. people are mislead by biggest loser (like you said) ads for weight loss aides, etc and stupid workout programs like p90x, insanity who are targeted towards the out of shape.....let me stop off my soap box.

doing it right the first time is key here. i've worked with enough people over the years whose mentality has been "i gotta get it off, I gotta get it off". when what they don't get is it didn't "get on" over night. i could go on and on here.

the weight loss ads are the worst when it comes to being misleading, especially the "before and after" photos. they conveniently fail to mention that these pics are usually athletes that have been injured or something and actually ARE taking the weight off at the same rate they put it on. losing 40lbs in 12 weeks is no problem if you were 40lbs lighter 6 months ago, not so much if you've been tubbytubby for 10 years. of course, the company doesn't want you to know this, they want you to think that the product is just that aw3s0mer!

- and my maths for posterity: 250lb person losing 12% in 90 days = 2.33lbs/week (so we're actually closer than i thought)

Walk the dog about 2 miles a day. But it's not enough intensity.

Searching tabata.

Tabata:

20 seconds intense all out

10 second moderate to low/rest

I have an app on my phone with various time intervals I use for workouts and client workouts. This is what I use most for any HIIT style (which is almost everything) circuit. Otherwise, it's 3 mins, 30 sec rounds for boxing and 5 min, 1 min if grappling.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived