LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep it regular SBT. That's my problem; started the week out well, then nothing since the pool the other day. Maybe tomorrow - I'm on my own all day and have no plans beyond a 3PM pedi. I should get my butt to the pool in the morning.

I find that grooving the routine is equally as important as the exercise itself. Muscle-memory improves if the routine is consistent.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Farking iceholes. Headed out to the pool only to be stymied, again, by cloudbursts and thunderstorms. Pool closed. :mad::spin:

I'm going to try and make it my goal to wake up 45 minutes early and run 2 miles every morning

You gonna call and yell at me to get me up 45 min early? Holy hell. I need a built in nag.

You gonna call and yell at me to get me up 45 min early? Holy hell. I need a built in nag.

What time do you want your wake-up call?

My goal is to get back to a 2.5x body weight bench. I tore my pec 3 years ago, benched over 700 in competition. Tore it training with 405. I weighed 315, now I'm down to 260ish, so if I get down to 225, I'll only have to bench 575:)

I think that I'm done lifting heavy weights for good. I've recently started doing high-rep training and concentrating on explosiveness and I'm feeling so much better. That combined with muay thai 5x/week and wrestling 2x/week is getting me nice and cut and veiny.

Well I managed to start day 1 of morning running.

Woke up and ran 2 miles this morning in 16.55 which is actually over 3 minutes faster then the last time I did it a month ago. I'm not sure if it was the cooler morning or if it was my focus more on running technique and breathing but I'm pretty damn happy about it. My legs of course are feeling it.

Where'd you leave off mileage wise?

How long will you be down for?

What's the injury?

8+ miles runs once a week, 2-3 other running sessions. Im well on my way :)

2-3 weeks.

Personal :redface:

I can do it but it will get VERY time consuming and I have a ton of plans this summer. Its very short here in the midwest :spin:

2 weeks off is certainly do-able. if your long run was at 8... i'd reintroduce after some time off with an easy week... couple of 3 milers, and then maybe a 5 miler. all at a slow pace.

then next week get back up to 7 or 8 depending on how you feel. It's really different for everyone. Just make sure your first week back isn't a 9 miler.

I hurt my peroneal tendon with 2 long runs on my 20 mile long run, when marathon training once. Couldn't run for 3 solid weeks. ended up coming back, and skipping one long run all togethrer, and just doing one more long run at 21 miles, instead of 22. And the marathon went fine. Oh, plus I had the flu for two weeks before that marathon. lol. tough year.

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

that's a given!

We were thinking about trying to put together a plan to do the Hartford Half again this year... Not gonna happen. Wife has a nasty chest cold, and at this point, we need each other for motivation!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived