LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

I am at 121,000 right now and she runs great.

Just replaced the radiator about 1,000 miles ago.

I replaced the CV Axle Boot and the clutch at 115k as the boot had ripped and the clutch failed.

Had done water pump, timing belt, and thermostat (as well as all fluid replacement) at 103k.

Hoping she'll keep running another 50k trouble free but some of the turbo posts I see have me wondering? The banjo bolt looked clean though at 115k.

I am at 121,000 right now and she runs great.

Just replaced the radiator about 1,000 miles ago.

I replaced the CV Axle Boot and the clutch at 115k as the boot had ripped and the clutch failed.

Had done water pump, timing belt, and thermostat (as well as all fluid replacement) at 103k.

Hoping she'll keep running another 50k trouble free but some of the turbo posts I see have me wondering? The banjo bolt looked clean though at 115k.

I just hit 125k miles and all is great as well! Keep up on oil changes and maintenence and your turbo should be fine. Good luck!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I just hit 125k miles and all is great as well! Keep up on oil changes and maintenence and your turbo should be fine. Good luck!

Awesome! And I hope so. I can't find another car on the market that I like more than my LGT, especially not enough to justify a car payment on.

• 1 month later...
Just turned over 226k on mine. Power steering just started groaning today and I'm about to do a full set of brakes and a front wheel bearing. Love the car.

Try changing the o-ring on the suction line, many times that is the cause and it's cheap to try. Here is the how to http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/replace-power-steering-o-ring-247949.html

Just completed 200,000 miles. put in $1,300 of service, and runs sooo smooth & still put on power.

1) occasional P0303: Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected-new coil; 2)timing belts & tensioners-Continental kit; 3) Water pump-oem 4) 172 degree thermostat & coolant 5) AMS oil & filter; 6) 5EAT trans fluid, 7) fluid in both Diffs; 8) rotate summer tires-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 tires 240/40/r17 on after market 17x7.5 rims.

As side note: 4 mos ago had upper radiator hose replace due to leak. Temp gauge on dash indicated normal position (a little below 9 o'clock), but radiator fans came on too often. Torque ODM tool read temps as 200-215 F. I had tech check it, re-burp, avg temp was 200-210. I bought burp kit, re-burped again for 1 hr.,avg temp 197-208.

After 200k service avg temp is now 183-197! (yeah)

Sometime temp sits at 178-180. Dash idiot gauge looks no different. Radiator fans hardly ever turn on -only when stuck in traffic & outdoor temps in 90's.

This is my second Legacy Wagon to purchase new and take over 200k mi with factory motor. The 1990 was disposed at 233,000 -rust took over the body.

At 121k and change now; miles will continue to climb as the DD. Have always been meticulous with routine maintenance and major services since purchasing at 44k, but still went through quite a bit in the past 6 months.

In no particular order: Replaced all plugs (+regapped), MAF / front O2 / knock sensors, IM upper and lower gaskets, coil-packs, compression + leakdown tests, HG inspections, bunch of additional suspension mods (ALK, RCK, front aluminum LCAs, steering rack bushings), rear pads and rotors, realignment, 2-step paint correction and detail, and retune.

Love the car, and I still look back at it every time I walk away, but I think it may soon be time to retire her and pick up something else with plenty of power from the factory.

212k, just got a rebuilt engine at 209k, and now I'm putting in a BNR 16G turbo, Invidia catless DP, Grimmspeed EBCS and a tune by Tuning Alliance. :D :D

While taking the downpipe off I noticed some grease coming out of the driver's side CV boot, so it'll be time to replace that soon. Also need to do all four corners for rotors, pads, and some stainless brake lines. Fun times ahead!

Just under 139k. Just replaced the #2 coil pack yesterday, due to #2 cylinder misfire. Very noticeable when cold but disappeared when engine warms up. Spark plug change a few weeks back didnt solve the problem. Running smooth now.

228,000 the other day, The rear wiper is acting funny. When I turn it on it moves about a 1/4 of the way and stops. I can move it the rest of the way and back to stop by hand and then run back and turn it off.

I'll get around to doing something with it when it cools down outside...about late September.

Oh, other then that it runs great, but most of you know the whole story.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

228,000 the other day, The rear wiper is acting funny. When I turn it on it moves about a 1/4 of the way and stops. I can move it the rest of the way and back to stop by hand and then run back and turn it off.

Any other problems with rear-gate-related devices? AM/FM reception, spraying, lights (including the interior trunk lights), etc?

I had a similar issue with the wiper not working at all. For me, this was due to the passenger-side tailgate wiring harness wearing out, and it led to several issues including wiper rarely working, little spray, and AM/FM reception issues due to the driver harness (I soldered this one, only 2-3 connections). I posted a walkthrough on how to replace the harness about 1-2 years ago.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/32e300d422e2e4656ba9efddbe9ff912.jpg

Just rolled 100,000 the other day. Still going strong, though the front O2 sensor is giving me problems again for the third time on a track day a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

There's a TSB on AM radio reception in the wagons, that's related to the rear defogger grid.

There's also a TSB on the rear gate rattle

Thanks. I think I have the rear gate rattle.. Totally missed that one. I always thought it was the rear suspension mounts. OTOH, I have a 2005, not 2006.. So not sure.. Will have to check..