LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

Your hood was smoking ? was it on fire...sorry had to ask.

My guess is an oil leak from the passenger side valve cover gasket - at least that is the problem I have lol

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Had to replace the front O2 sensor again in the wagon. The OEM one lasted about 50,000 miles.

I put a Denzo in. lets see how long this one last.

Car runs well another 3 day weekend skiing. Seems to be getting about 24mpg on the drives up to VT this winter. I try to keep it around 70mph on the highway drives up and back to CT.

The car gets better mpg in the summer time. But that's because of what they do to the gas.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just approaching 209,000.

After my recent suspension swap, the wagon is now the 4th best feeling vehicles I've ever been in. 1st - Ferrari California, 2- STi 3-BMW Z4.

I'm pretty happy with it. Time to save up for an alignment, trans fluid drain & fills, and other little tidbits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

After my recent suspension swap, the wagon is now the 4th best feeling vehicles I've ever been in. 1st - Ferrari California, 2- STi 3-BMW Z4.

I'm pretty happy with it. Time to save up for an alignment, trans fluid drain & fills, and other little tidbits.

California feels like a box truck compared to the 458 :lol::lol::lol:

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

California feels like a box truck compared to the 458 :lol::lol::lol:

Yep, nothing compares to the 458, and I've driven almost all of them. The FF is awesome, too, but in a whole different way.

The California drives like a Maserati GranTurismo convertible, but with a flappy paddle gearbox. It probably should've been a Maser in the first place, as it's not much of a Ferrari. The new Cali T isn't bad... torque helps.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Who has the most miles on their Ferrari, and how are they not on fire?

I met a guy who daily drives a 360 Moderna. He has like 70k on the clock.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

What suspension did you put in???

2006 STI donor motor and turbo are on their way this week! Replacing head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, head studs, rear main seal, water pump gasket, and the clutch (with a South Bend Stage 2 Daily) while it's out. :D

Excellent about 4 weeks without turning a wrench. drove it Saturday, sounds like maybe another wheel bearing is on it's way out, but If I replace it, I'll just go with a new Lexus.

If you replace it with a Lexus that will assuredly solve your issue.

Excellent about 4 weeks without turning a wrench. drove it Saturday, sounds like maybe another wheel bearing is on it's way out, but If I replace it, I'll just go with a new Lexus.

Sounds like a solid strategy for repairing lots of problems!

05' LGT With almost 90k Original miles with Vf52 upgrade.

She has been kind to me, but the repairs are starting and I am not ready for her to go under the knife!

I'm not sure you really qualify to be posting in a high mileage thread. There used to be a fewest miles thread.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I'm not sure you really qualify to be posting in a high mileage thread. There used to be a fewest miles thread.

Yeah that thread got locked because someone wanted to flip a Shrek B for $30K+ :lol:

I'm still stuck at 87K with 100K+ badge of ownership sitting on a shelf somewhere.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/2E0E27FE-012A-48B5-8CA2-5A139D507603_zpsi6fskbtw.jpg~original

2006 STI donor motor and turbo are on their way this week! Replacing head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, head studs, rear main seal, water pump gasket, and the clutch (with a South Bend Stage 2 Daily) while it's out. :D

Wow! I'm assuming this isn't your only car?

That's an expensive fix.

We got two members with +275k miles on OE blocks and turbos on this page.

I'm only at 154k miles as of today ;).. Mine eats very little oil over 3k-4k miles intervals, and turbo doesn't make a peep just holds 16psi like a champ. Annual Blackstone reports looking great, and will have another done this May. My trans functions like new, but needs center diff transfer bearing R&R, is noticeably noisy in cabin and has been so for about 50k miles.

I like the sound of that!

117k here. Original motor and turbo. Only modification is Eibach Pro Kits at about 30k on original struts. Still going strong! Rotella T6 and Pureolater PureOne PL41610 every 5k. Work on car has been maintenance or wear items. Just replaced clutch this past weekend. Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, all fluids, etc.

Just rolled over 220,000 miles on the body today. Thats 75,000 on the replacement long block- the last 8,000 with Cobb 2+ SF tune.

Car's been through three owners, previously unmolested (minus the replacement motor and gold Rotas). The only real problems so far have been the turbo & engine failure for the first owner and the uppipe going out on me at 212k. Constant regular maintenance throughout it's three owners along with many replacement parts along the way (blower motor, struts, control arms, bearings, etc.). As far as I know the only wrecks shes been in are two run ins I had with a couple curbs in my first couple months having her. Three rims and some suspension parts later, my lesson had been learned.

Just rolled over 220,000 miles on the body today. Thats 75,000 on the replacement long block- the last 8,000 with Cobb 2+ SF tune.

Car's been through three owners, previously unmolested (minus the replacement motor and gold Rotas). The only real problems so far have been the turbo & engine failure for the first owner and the uppipe going out on me at 212k. Constant regular maintenance throughout it's three owners along with many replacement parts along the way (blower motor, struts, control arms, bearings, etc.). As far as I know the only wrecks shes been in are two run ins I had with a couple curbs in my first couple months having her. Three rims and some suspension parts later, my lesson had been learned.

What would you attribute the blown motors to?

125k original miles on block and turbo with cobb stg 1 map on rotella t6 with purolator pl14610 or psl14610 or fram ultra filter

so far i have replaced...

fumoto valve

all wheel bearings

a set of lugs on a bearing hub after one broke

front struts

front control arms and balljoints with aluminum ones

front end links

front tierod ends

sway bar bushings

clutch,fly wheel, pressure plate at 65k because the previous owner couldnt drive manual

2 timing belts, the first at 45k because somthing was eating the belt

front oil seal and waterpump and timing idlers and tensioners when i did the last timing belt

front and rear brakes

group n sti pitch stop rod

mishimoto silicone intake tube after the stock one broke

cv axles and transmission oil seals

radiator hoses

accessory belts

spark plugs

passenger side valve cover gaskets

In my big box o parts i have the following left....

goodridge ss flex lines

rear struts

rear end links

urethane shift bushings

urethane diff bushings

urethane trans cross member bushings

urethane rear cross member bushings

group n trans mount

rear big brake kit (uses stock calipers with bigger rotor)

radiator, current one is leaking from top crimp

drivers side valve cover gasket

oil pan gasket