LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

Completed:

Timing Belt Service

New Radiator (original plastic neck cracked)

New Motor and Transmission mounts

TBD:

TOB (getting noisy)

Wheel Bearings

Axles

Brake Discs

Spark Plugs

Valve cover gaskets

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DryBear/Legacy%20GT%20Wagon/20150910_080456%202_zps2sjlc3nh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting ready to replace the propeller shaft on the wagon. I have been feeling a little movement in the form of banging when I give it lots of throttle when leaving a stop sign.

Got under the car yesterday and I could move the front part of the shaft with little effort and see into the carrier bearing. Last month I grabbed the back part of the shaft and couldn't feel much play.

Going to check the local junk yard tomorrow and see what they can find. I hate the put a new shaft in there at 214,000 miles. If I have to go new it will be from DSS out of Texas. HAMMERDOWN and others recommend them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Going to check the local junk yard tomorrow and see what they can find. I hate the put a new shaft in there at 214,000 miles. If I have to go new it will be from DSS out of Texas. HAMMERDOWN and others recommend them.

FYI, my DSS Drive shaft is still working perfectly with over 200k on it.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

FYI, my DSS Drive shaft is still working perfectly with over 200k on it.

Mine is finally installed and working OK, after some trouble with the front UJs hitting part of the body, esp noticeable when making a sharp turn from a stop. NOTE: The DSS piece is excellent, but keep in mind that it has a front UJ that the stocker doesn't. Required a bit of adjustment by way of beating the conflicting underbody piece out of the way and an extra washer to move the shaft away from the body tunnel.

Driving in today, I was thinking, Why not see what NAPA has to offer for a propeller shaft. They have a Dorman unit for $390. I also get a AAA discount. I can support my local business guy, have a warranty and if there's a problem I drive 3 miles and return it.

I'll give them a call in a few.

$440 with tax and shipping. Will have it Thursday afternoon.

EDIT: here's the shaft story http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/propeller-shaft-my-story-246593.html

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
Just passed 110k yesterday. Replaced PS OCV last summer, DS OCV and A/F sensor this summer, on my 3rd battery (OEM > Wallymart > NAPA), OEM wheel bearings, and burning zero oil after being on Stg2 for ~35k miles and Stg3 for ~10k miles. So far so good.