LegacyGT.com

What failed on your Second Generation Subaru today?

the more humid it gets here in the dry state the less my door locks work. last night the GT doors wouldnt unlock with the driver key turned. messed with it for a few minutes and it started working, but not 100%. checked the wagon, same thing. guess ill have to open those suckers and lube them up again.

power steering pump is getting really bad, its not just at idle that its making noise now. gonna have to replace that sooner than i planned i think

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When those go out is it a noticeable difference on how the car drives and shifts?

I was getting intermittent stalls before it finally died, but my odo/speedo not working is the only thing.. didnt even trip a CEL

Endlinkd - go with STi rears, kartboy,whiteline,

dont bother with Moog, you can get stiffer links for the same price

Ok, I was wondering about that because I got a dtc for it a couple of weeks ago and my gas mileage has dropped by 5-6mpgs .I also have one for the upstream o2sensor, I know that one will affect fuel consumption but there is pretty big power loss is coming from one of those i'm having to gun it to get on the freeway.

Ok, I was wondering about that because I got a dtc for it a couple of weeks ago and my gas mileage has dropped by 5-6mpgs .I also have one for the upstream o2sensor, I know that one will affect fuel consumption but there is pretty big power loss is coming from one of those i'm having to gun it to get on the freeway.
the p0420 iirc is like u said the upstream o2. When those are beyond broken they consume more gas and u lose power altogether. Also u should replace the downstream o2 as the 2 work together

P01300 I think was the vss..., p0420 upstream 02.. I figured that was the case with fuel consumption, I'm probably just going to take out the downstream/sensor all together, its just a back-up but it is probably toast because I let it go for a while now.

I have the codes written down at the house, can't remember them off the top of head. I thought the po420 was the gas tank pressure code..er sumthin.

Yep, STi rear all around. Although... I would consider the endlinks that Moog makes for the STi better than the OE STi links. And they go for abour $20 a set on eBay.

Even if they weren't as good as OE STi, they are still Moog and will be the best bang for the buck you'll find.

Had a tire fail on my way home from work today. Probably just gonna put a used tire on it for a month or so. Don't want to buy new tires for those rims so I hope I can buy some time till I find a set of wheels.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn151/cal71919/20130727_202144_zps1ee9ec4a.jpg

Archived