LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT V8 Build (LS2/LQ4)

we have been chating in my thread about oil pan and steering rack clearence.

why cant you raise the engine up ? intake hitting the hood or the bell housing hitting the firewall and floor ?

I'm no rocket scientist... but...

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/69/sidelc.jpg

lol

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cutting hood and big scoop or what ever is the best mechanical solution that way your not loosing ground clearence or have to modify the oil pan.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

The main reason I cannot raise the engine up is the bellhousing clearance to the top of the tunnel. Since this is an area where alot of structure ties in I do not want to modify it. The hood is no big deal, if I have interference there I will cut it and modify as necessary as the car is going to be repainted anyway

we have been chating in my thread about oil pan and steering rack clearence.

why cant you raise the engine up ? intake hitting the hood or the bell housing hitting the firewall and floor ?

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

So I can build my 6.0L V8 Legacy GT Here

This was one of the initial mockups with the engine sitting about 3/4" above the subframe but that did not work out as I could not get the bellhousing to clear the tunnel so it is lower now

I'm no rocket scientist... but...

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/69/sidelc.jpg

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

That is exactly what we are thinking if it comes to intereference with the hood

well i extended the stock hood scoop. as shown in the photos.

but maybe you can lower the cross member .5'' and pop out of the hood a tiny bit.

what about moving the engine forward?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I could possibly turn the intake backwards but that would bring a whole new set of issues with clearances. I am going to make sure that the oil pan has good clearance on the bottom, the steering stays straight and the transmission clears the tunnel. After that point I am going to cut out the hood as necessary and weld on a new section to cover the hole

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

My transmission is coming in today so I will be able to mount the bellhousing on the motor and get exact measurements instead of the estimates I had earlier and can see how much I need to modify the level of the motor

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

cutout, and then add a bump like the new M3?
This.

After that point I am going to cut out the hood as necessary and weld on a new section to cover the hole
Am I missing something, or does your GT not have a fiberglass hood like mine?

Why not swap Outback spacers under the subframe? That'll drop the engine another 20mm or so (I forget how thick the spacers are).
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Am I missing something' date=' or does your GT not have a fiberglass hood like mine?[/quote']

No LGT ever came from the factory with a fiberglass hood.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Why not swap Outback spacers under the subframe? That'll drop the engine another 20mm or so (I forget how thick the spacers are).

I looked for Outback spacers but was unable to find any so I ordered some aluminum plate that is 3/4" or 19mm that we will cut to be used as spacers on the subframe

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

Archived