LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT V8 Build (LS2/LQ4)

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am back and still happily married haha. The car was placed in storage for a while since I purchased a home that I have been remodeling. The positive part is that I now have a 30x30 detached garage. Since the remodeling is winding down I have started outfitting the garage and the project will be back in full swing shortly.

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

So I can build my 6.0L V8 Legacy GT Here

Received some 350Z diff bushings so we were able to finish the diff mounts for the most part. Also test fitted the J35 axles and they lined up and were able to be tightened down without issue.

Also started working on the rear trans mount and tacked it into place

http://s15.postimg.org/h79m0zbh7/image_4.jpg

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The swap is progressing slowly. Not exciting pictures to post up as I am mostly working on wiring at the moment due to my shop being built. Should have lights up in the shop by the end of the month and will be able to move the Legacy in. In the meantime, check out my site for all my projects and updates http://www.hoonable.com

I am also on Twitter:

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Nope. It's a pattern. He brings us an update sometime during July of each year. He has 8 days left.

Mine took over a year to complete. It was done by a guy that had already swapped an LS into an Impreza, and he still had a ton of challenges making mine work. I would guess that the OP is in really deep but doesn't want to give up, so it's taking a lot longer than he expected. That's just a guess.

Archived