LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT V8 Build (LS2/LQ4)

The tach should be able to be driven from the GM ECU without an issue, and the speedo can probably be driven straight from the ABS computer. Check the FSM for the wiring path for the speedo signal.

uh the subie cluster is can communication. so can't realy just give it speedo and tach signals

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uh the subie cluster is can communication. so can't realy just give it speedo and tach signals

Damn, I thought CANBUS wasn't used until the body-change.

I wonder if you could bypass the CAN and drive the needles directly. I'm SURE you can, it's just a matter of figuring out the scale. I bet they operate on a standard 0-5v linear system. A micro controller, like an Arduino, could pretty easily handle driving the needles from some digital input.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Damn, I thought CANBUS wasn't used until the body-change.

I wonder if you could bypass the CAN and drive the needles directly. I'm SURE you can, it's just a matter of figuring out the scale. I bet they operate on a standard 0-5v linear system. A micro controller, like an Arduino, could pretty easily handle driving the needles from some digital input.

or just rip out the guts behind and drive the needles with autometer gauges driving the stock needles ...

humm shit thats a good idea :) maybe i'll do that ..

or you do like me and just put a crank triggor on it and then you can even use dbw throttle body. but just swich to a 2.5i ecm to it rid of the few problems i had

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

or just rip out the guts behind and drive the needles with autometer gauges driving the stock needles ...

or you do like me and just put a crank triggor on it and then you can even use dbw throttle body. but just swich to a 2.5i ecm to it rid of the few problems i had

Nah, the autometer idea would be tough. The sweep of the gauges would have to be the same. And the lights are integrated into the cluster guts.

If you wanted to pull out the guts, just get mini stepper motors from any electronics store. They would only cost a few bucks, and you could drive them with an Arduino. All gauges from a single controller. You could even use the coolant temp gauge as a boost gauge at the flip of a switch.

The stock gauges are stepper controlled, which is why I suggest just driving them with a controller.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have been going through your thread and will probably slowly start to annoy with questions hehe

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

So I can build my 6.0L V8 Legacy GT Here

well the getting rid of awd is a bummer for me. might as well get a mustang or camaro

Having owned a very high-power RWD Subaru, I can kind of agree.

The rear suspension, at least on the McPherson rear strut cars, is not designed to handle RWD. The fenders, too, make it difficult to fit tires worth having (275's).

Spend some time sorting out the rear suspension geometry and figuring out how to fit big tires, and you will have a really entertaining car on your hands.

oh detailes?

My first gen was RWD when I had a PPG straight-cut synchro box in it.

Archived