LegacyGT.com

05 SE-R MT v/s 05EAT Stage II

Perhaps I exaggerated. But no, I can't say that I have had the displeasure. My mom has a Lebaron GTC with a VNT, and it makes a good amount of power, although perhaps not as much as an SRT 4. Certainly not as light.

However, they are both FWD. That and a turbo just makes for loads of torque steer. The LeBaron torque-steers so bad that when the turbo hits in first or second gear, the steering wheel likes to jerk itself out of your hand. Dangerous.

At speed, the car handles OK, but if there is any kind of deviation from straight ahead, the car feels like the front is pulling the rear, which it essentially is. RWD doesn't feel that numb.

I have never driven a FWD car that handles THAT well. Decent perhaps, and I hear that Minis do quite well. But I have never thought of a car that drags a lifeless rear axle around as a good handler. I certainly have never driven one that will out-handle my miata. Not even close. (it has 205/40-16 summer perf tires, other than that. it is stock, with a torsen LSD.)

The SRT4 may be able to flat-out destroy my miata in a drag race. but handling curves at speed, I'd bet the neon would see it's lateral traction limit before the miata would. There is so much more to driving than stop-light derby or the quarter-mile. Certainly so when talking about handling.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACR package for the SRT4 $1195

sixteen-inch BBS wheels

225/45ZR-16 BFGoodrich KDW2 tires

Five-way adjustable Tokico dampers

rear tension strut

larger front antiroll bar

seats that will accommodate shoulder harnesses

"Mopar-sponsored Stage 3 SRT4s have been campaigned successfully in SCCA ProRally events, winning two-wheel-drive championships and turning in overall times not far behind those of all-wheel-drive opponents."

Car and Driver TV:

July 30-31

It’s a comparison test of sporty compacts with the Acura RSX Type-S, Chevy Cobalt SS, Dodge SRT-4 ACR, Saturn Ion Redline, and Subaru WRX; we’ll find out which of these pocket rockets is the best around. Plus, it’s a look back at the AmphiCar in Classic Car and Driver

Honestly, I know i have made my predictions on this race that the LGT shouldn't have too much of a problem.......however...

I just looked up tampa on weather.com and for the next few days it is going to be in the mid 90's with humidity between 60-90%. This kinda weather just hit NJ and I can tell you that my LGT was greatly effected by this slop.

So I would be concerned running against a N/A V6 in that type of heat/humidity. I am not sure anymore. I would try to run this race at night then when it cools off a bit. You might bog a ton.........

Just my 2cents

^^^^^^ :lol:

Brought to you by:

http://images.ibsys.com/2002/0411/1394385.jpg

No, seriously - I'd love to hear an update to this scenario!

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^^^^^^ :lol:

Brought to you by:

http://images.ibsys.com/2002/0411/1394385.jpg

No, seriously - I'd love to hear an update to this scenario!

-A

Thats funny stuff.......

"Yes folks thats right only in America the greatest country on earth. Order your pay per view now to see the biggest race in history. Nissan vs Subaru, rims be turnin and tires be burnin. The classic matchup of front wheels vs 4 wheels now dont forget order your pay per view now cuz only in America can we see this kinda entertainment"

Guest clawdnb
se-r is going to win this one, you miiiiiight be able to beat him from a stop but if the guy is even half competant then you will only get .5-1car jump in 1st which he'll then put 2-3cars on when he shifts to second....im calling that

Race will be this week, I just got back from vacation today:) I stopped in @ the office just now & there is a additional stipulation to the race. I must have a passenger......it will still take place though:)
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

wukindada - Cool! Best of luck - and I wish you cool air! :)

phuzaxeman - Nice vid! The LGT, any mods? Tires? How about the SRT4?

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Race will be this week, I just got back from vacation today:) I stopped in @ the office just now & there is a additional stipulation to the race. I must have a passenger......it will still take place though:)

Wait....why do you have to have a passenger? That is silly. I see no point of that whatsever. It is going to slow you down considerably depending on who you put in. Can you geta 5th grader haha ;)

In all fairness the guy in the SRT clearly missed 2nd gear and still managed to trap 103mph. I'm not trying to take anything away from John's run heck it's dam impressive at 13.9.

in all fairness, john could have done a better job too.

Agreed. Stipulate that he has 4 passengers.

What???

Why stop there? Why don't you have 1 passenger, 6 bags of groceries, a 20" TV, and a set of encyclopedias in the trunk and he has 3 passengers, 2 mountain bikes, and his grandma's scooter in his trunk?

The variables are endless!!:lol:

Evidently he has been doing a little research while I was away;) The race will either be on the 26th or 27th early in the morning 6-7 a.m. (temps have been around 78-82* @ that time)

Agreed with many posts listed "I just wanna race" at this point!

The Crucial Summer cooling kit is going on this afternoon along with the Unorthodox pullies.

More posts coming soon:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived