LegacyGT.com

05 SE-R MT v/s 05EAT Stage II

This race has not taken place yet:p New marketing guy in the office just stuck his head in the door and issued me a challenge. My response...:lol: :lol: ...for what?.....Dinner at Burns steakhouse (Great steak)

Here are his stated mods:

ECU upgrade

Intake

Stillen Cat-Back

Pulley kit

Springs

Short throw shifer

He wants best 2 out of 3

From stop to 100

Rolling 30-80

Rolling 10-80?????

I will be on vacation over the next 2 weeks so this will not be able to take place until I get back:cool:

Your opinions? Should I increase the bet??? He said "you name it" HAHAHA

Maybe I should tell him.... your pinkslip:rolleyes:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on...

This would be easily fun if you don't screw up changing gears....

eheheheh

Good luck,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

5EAT 2, 5MT -1

0-100 - AWD/Brake Torque would kill him

30-80 - Starting in 1st gear on boost, the Turbo would again kill him + 3rd gear is rape

10-80 - Close till 65-70 and then 3rd gear would own his ass

WrongWheelDrive and that much power, veelsbin and torkshiteer.

I keed I keeed

Does he know you have a Stg 2? How about a picture of his car with the caption " I was owned by a station wagon" that he needs to hang in his office for a week?:lol:

Tom

+1

This plus a good steak dinner will be humiliating and rewarding enough for him to know he shouldnt challenge teh fast4R!!!11!! ;)

It is an Altima SE-R, before he stepped out for lunch I asked if I could take a look at it. It has a 6spd MT, a Stillen Header back exhaust plus his mods listed above. I told him You know what I have for HP :lol::lol: What do you have?

"A little over 300"?

My response.....well it should be a good race;)

Anyone know what the curb weight is on the Altima?

I must say it is a nice LOOKING ride.

Oh... I am planning on something humiliating on top of the dinner (for the wife and I)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

wukindada - Research online on Altima boards and find out what his mods give him. When you determine what the weakpoints for his engine is from dyno graphs/user experience, tweak the race to your advantage. Muahahaha. It ain't cheating since the information is available online for both cars. But if he doesn't do the research, then boohoo.:lol:
I keed I keeed

Ohh I thought it was the Sentra. The Altima is a quick car! With stage2 and a good launch I think you will take him. I wouldn't race from 10mph or so in 1st gear, those 3.5V6 pull hard from a low roll. Stock I would say the SE-R is a good 6.0 or better 0-60. With some sticky tires he is probably mid-high 5's. Launch well and good luck.

Ohh I thought it was the Sentra. The Altima is a quick car! With stage2 and a good launch I think you will take him. I wouldn't race from 10mph or so in 1st gear, those 3.5V6 pull hard from a low roll. Stock I would say the SE-R is a good 6.0 or better 0-60. With some sticky tires he is probably mid-high 5's. Launch well and good luck.

Yeah last review I saw was 0-60 in something like 6.4, 1/4 14.4 stock MT. They have no traction control and thus unless he gets a good launch he should have trouble getting over 300hp thru the fronts.

This race has not taken place yet:p New marketing guy in the office just stuck his head in the door and issued me a challenge. My response...:lol: :lol: ...for what?.....Dinner at Burns steakhouse (Great steak)

Here are his stated mods:

ECU upgrade

Intake

Stillen Cat-Back

Pulley kit

Springs

Short throw shifer

So

+12

+10

+20

+8

= 300hp? Right? :lol: I'd go look at some dyno plots..

The "ECU Upgrade" - being that I'm not familiar with the Nissan aftermarket, is what worries me.

I'd be tempted to call an AccessPort an "ECU Upgrade," too, if I were hustling.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The "ECU Upgrade" - being that I'm not familiar with the Nissan aftermarket, is what worries me.

I'd be tempted to call an AccessPort an "ECU Upgrade," too, if I were hustling.

-A

I saw someone post on another board that a reg Altima SE with just an ECu reflash will pull flat 14 1/4s, so the race could be close, especially from a roll. Off the line shouldnt be a problem.

I'm intrigued by this, so I'm doing my homework:

Dyno plot - http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/march03/altima_update/images/dyno.jpg

Shouldn't be too much of a problem by that, but I'm havin a bugger of a time finding out anything about an ECU upgrade for the SE-R. Everything I've found pertains only to the 2.5L-engine. :(

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

More.....

TCS can be disabled on the SE-R, but whether or not that would work to the advantage of the front-driver platform is of debate, especially as driver skill would then also come in to the picture much more heavily.

I'm _still_ having a bugger of a time finding out anything about an ECU upgrade for the SE-R. With the bolt-on dyno plot (BTW, what kind of dyno is that? anyone? I'm not a dyno-guy, so I don't know how that might relate, i.e. Dynapac vs. Mustang vs. Dynojet) getting nice numbers, I'd say the ECU is a wildcard.

-A

ECU reflashes on a non-forced induction engine are pretty worthless. Mostly just there to raise the rev limiter and remove the top speed limitations. Look at Dinan's web page they charge way too much for chips that provide no power at all (at least they are honest about it).

The only reason that the AP and tuning on other turbo cars do so well with the reflash is because of increased boost!

Archived