LegacyGT.com

05 SE-R MT v/s 05EAT Stage II

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ECU mods on a NA car don't do squat. That'd be the least of your worries.

You've got only a little more power than he does but you can put it down better and make usable power (and torque) over a wider rpm range.

I hate doing things like that on the street though. I prefer the track where you have printed proof of who won and by how much. That way it isn't up to "interpretation" later on.

924 turbo and John M -

Thank you both for the education. :) Now I understand why all I'm seeing is ECU-stuff paired with forced-induction "swaps/kits" on the Nissans. Similarly, it also explains why there's mention only of raised rev-limits and speed cut-outs.

-A

PS: Agreed w/John M on strip vs. street. Hey, after all, it's for a steak!

PPS: Keep that intercooler cool!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

As previously stated ECU mods are worthless on the Altima. Here is the fastest timeslip for a 3rd gen altima (SE-R's included) on www.nissanclub.net (largest altima forum). It was an 03. Here is the info on the run. FYI, The guy who pulled this time is supposed to be a great driver.

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5SE ALL MOTOR

Best ET: 13.62@102.9 with a 2.15 60 ft

Run made at Sacramento Raceway 3/5/03

Engine mods:

Stillen intake with custom midpipe

Stillen crank pulley

Stillen y pipe

Apex N1 style y pipe back single exhuast

Custom ground kit

Suspension: STOCK

Transmission: STOCK

Tires: STOCK 21555R17's

Weight removal: rear seats, front pass. seat, spare tire--85lbs

Race weight: 3005#'s plus 180# driver

I hate all that taking out seats and stuff. I like to know what the car does for what it is. Ya know. I understand why people do it but once it is back in on the street you ain't running that same time you are bragging about haha

I am glad I posted this thread! I am still planning on racing him even on his terms (best 2 out of 3)

Yes the vehicle does have a Stillen header back system (being a clever marketing guy, he initially told me it was a cat-back, Until I looked under his hood @ lunch and noticed it;)

There will be no weight removal other than spare tire!

Remember I am a non-limited 5EAT so my weight should be very close to his. (if indeed his weight is 3200-3300)

There is a very rural 1 1/2 - 2 mile stretch of divided 4 lane road we will be running this on, we will have witnesses!

I will try and have someone video.

I guess it boils down to finding out if the 5EAT can be a 13.5 sec car;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I have read a report that the Altima ser does a 0-100 in 14 something stock. That Altima is a very fast car when it is fixes up.

I'm sorry but I would have to put my money on the Altima.

I love lgt and I hope you kick his a**.

Good Luck and represent the Legacy GT

Sounds like a fun race. The 0-100 race shouldn't be a problem, just get a good launch. As far as the others, it's going to be close, just go for it and represent our Subies!

From a roll.. he may edge you. from a standstill I think you'll take him. It will be much closer than most are giving credit for though .the wagon is like racing a sedan with a 250lb guy in the passenger seat.. hopefully its a cool day.

I'd love to see it.

-Tronix(wh0mp)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

I'm going to cheat here a little, I am going to be driving my fathers 04 350z track model in the morning. He needs my car for carrying a few things;)

The Z has to be quicker than a Altima, plus the Z should launch a whole lot better being RWD!

The 350Z Track has 287HP, but I am sure it will weigh less than the Altima:)

Rev limiter here I come

Oh I am not nervous in the least, Before posting this thread I thought I would blow him out of the water! (thats why I laughed at him)

I wanted to drive the Z anyway as I have not driven it since going to Stage II. At Stage I the cars felt about equal up to 80-90.

By the way, I am not looking forward to the Kidney Jarring ride & Mega blindspots;)

I do wish I had the track models brake package on the Leggy

D00d, major letdown but I won't hold it against it if you send me your UP,DP & AP, since you obviously have no use for them. :lol:

On second thought, avoid the street and race at a drag strip, plus you've got 2 weeks to plan for it.

I keed I keeed

I am not racing the Altima with the Z..... no way!:lol: I will only be in the office a half day on friday as I am going on vacation for 2 weeks (YAHOOOOOOO) Just driving the Z to work & lunch.

I have not made my mind up yet if I should order & install the Perrin Int & TMIC before the race, maybe........;)

Even if I do purchase them I most likely will not install them before the race, I believe I will trounce him as is:)

Goodnight All

I drove the Z in this morning 6MT....:lol::lol: I will be trying to increase the wager today! The main reason why I wanted to drive this car, was to see what kind of speed I it would carry over the same stretches of street I drive every day. One stretch is after coming off an off ramp 35-40 and accelerating to around 80-85....No contest. A Z maybe a good race for a Stage I Leggy but no contest for Stage II. I am usually in the 80-85mph range this morning the best I could get was 75!(with the Z):lol:

Next the entrance to my office community is very straight 1/8-1/4 stretch of road (remember I come into work around 3:30-4:00am so the roads are DEAD)

I really launched the Z hard from a stop (4k drop) Car hooked up quite well (much better than a FWD sedan will) it was even more of a difference with the amount of speed I was carrying. The grocery getter carries just over 10mph more in the same stretch, that is at a 2k launch in the Leggy:lol:

I will say this, when you hit the Brembo's hard on the Z it is like you are caught in a web!

One more thing the only mods on the Z is a Stillen Catback (it does sound good) The Z currently has just under 7k on the ODO

The victim will be coming in at 9.....I will be requsting more than just Dinner for two @ Berns & some form of humiliation!

Archived