LegacyGT.com

05 SE-R MT v/s 05EAT Stage II

now i know you wouldn't do this but.......if you wanted a drastic wager.....you could wager the car titles. Then when you win....paint the defeated, love of his life, Altima pink and just let parked at work so he has to look at it every single day! AHHH HA HA HA HA...i'm sick. :D

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way...but we shall see:lol::lol: To bad we are not closer, I would be willing to include you in on the bet:) The final bet is in....ding....ding....

Dinner @ Berns for 2

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

You will get beat in the rolling acceleration contests.

Not if cobb stg II is pushing 253whp at sea level (Harman motive Dyno) and the alty is pushing not more than its stock 260 CRANK horsepower. 215 WHP is the best ive seen on nissan club for a stock SE-R.

If the pull was done in 4th gear it will be making 253 WHP at well over 100 mph.

You dont get beat from rolling acceleration contests just because you have AWD you get beat cause you don't got the horsepower... thats obviously not the case. An AWD drivetrain dosent automaticly loose massive amounts of power as you go faster contrary to popular beleif.

Traps can be deceiving... The alty is right in the meat of a gear when it crosses the line. We have to shift from 3rd to 4th annoyingly right before crossing. If you dont shift and just ride it out to the limiter your trap will never be over 100.

If you haven't already, you might want to go to the

Altima forums and check out some times.

Stock Altima 3.5 SE's are pulling

14.3-14.5's @ 99 mph

SE-R owners who've raced other 3.5SE guys say

they pull away from them.

With his mods I'd see him at mid 13's @ 102+ mph

That's Stage 2 5MT sedan territory, not Stage 2 AT wagon territory.

I don't doubt you'll get the jump on him, but the race from a stop you

better end it by 80 mph.

He's probably putting down nearly the power you are...but his is all going

to the 2 least driveline lossing wheels. From a roll they are fast.

Your wager isn't too much that if you lose it'll be costly.

Good luck and yes, video tape.

Not if cobb stg II is pushing 253whp at sea level (Harman motive Dyno) and the alty is pushing not more than its stock 260 CRANK horsepower. 215 WHP is the best ive seen on nissan club for a stock SE-R.

If the pull was done in 4th gear it will be making 253 WHP at well over 100 mph.

You dont get beat from rolling acceleration contests just because you have AWD you get beat cause you don't got the horsepower... thats obviously not the case. An AWD drivetrain dosent automaticly loose massive amounts of power as you go faster contrary to popular beleif.

Traps can be deceiving... The alty is right in the meat of a gear when it crosses the line. We have to shift from 3rd to 4th annoyingly right before crossing. If you dont shift and just ride it out to the limiter your trap will never be over 100.

the issue with the roll is that we still need to build boost. the v6's torque is ready to go....like right now, especially with his mods. but with stage 2 it should be a good contest....from the line...legacy....roll....we'll see.

note....shaggy when stage 2, catless and Perrin TMIC, ran a 13.6 at 103. And he's a manual. The SE-R manual and the legacy auto stage 2 should be close.

just my 2 cents.

253 with a manual. The poster has an auto.

And you are wrong. AWD robs power. It's just more advantageous

in the launch and becomes a hinderance as speeds increase.

If we were able to move 100% of our power to the front wheels

at speeds once into third gear, you'd see we'd have faster trap speeds and

pull faster in the triple digit speeds.

That's a fact. Driveline/drivetrain losses are much greater in AWD cars than RWD cars, and RWD cars have more drivetrain lose than FWD cars (when it's a front engine car anyway).

Honestly, he should win. With is mods (and should have his UR pullies on by then) I don't see the dead stop being even a contest. That will be a 5.0 0-60 or faster car. I clocked a 5.41 last night from a dead stop at stage 1 and pullies 5EAT Sedan. So stage 2 plus pullies should be good for at least 5 flat.

Now from the roll.....ust put it in manual mode and get into your lowest gear so boost is built. The Auto is VERY versitile and our only real downfall over the MT is little more powertrain loss and a lower redline after using a Cobb AP

(MT = 7000)

(Auto = 6700)

So with all that said.....the FWD Altima MT will have to absolutley NAIL every shift on a great launch blah blah blah to win. It won't happen.

Get the Filet :)

I came from an Acura CL type S before the leg. It had an AEM cold air intake on it and high performance tires. 260 HP crank stock so maybe 270 at best after the AEM.

That thing alone was impossible to launch b/c of the power and you can't torque break it really. It was slow (like 6.4 0-60 and 14.6 1/4 mile) This Nissan is a little more powerful b/c of some more mods, but even with 30 more HP of mods on the CL it wouldn't beat a stage II legacy. No way

253 with a manual. The poster has an auto.

And you are wrong. AWD robs power. It's just more advantageous

in the launch and becomes a hinderance as speeds increase.

If we were able to move 100% of our power to the front wheels

at speeds once into third gear, you'd see we'd have faster trap speeds and

pull faster in the triple digit speeds.

That's a fact. Driveline/drivetrain losses are much greater in AWD cars than RWD cars, and RWD cars have more drivetrain lose than FWD cars (when it's a front engine car anyway).

I didnt say an AWD drivetrain didnt loose power I said an AWD drivetrain dosent loose as much power as people think they loose.

Dyno pulls for this car are usually done in 4th gear meaning well over 100mph at redline. With all that drivetrain speed it still manages to pull a decent and higher number than they SE-R dyno charts ive seen. People make it seem like it looses somthing drastic.

I came from an Acura CL type S before the leg. It had an AEM cold air intake on it and high performance tires. 260 HP crank stock so maybe 270 at best after the AEM.

That thing alone was impossible to launch b/c of the power

Coming from a moderately powerful front-driver (about 300 horses to the front wheels via dyno), even with decent suspensioin mods and good tires - and strangely almost no torque-steer - I must confess that powerful front-drivers are a MONSTER to try to launch, even on perfect roads.

FWD truly is WWD for drag-racing! :eek:

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

STOP MAGAZINE RACING!!!!! This is going to turn into a "Oh he should've pulled on you, musta been a bad driver" after the race is over thread...... and no FWD is not the fastest vehicles on the planet. Funny cars, nitro methane powered cars, alcohol fuel dragsters, and everything you see running 6s in the 250+ range are all REAR WHEEL DRIVE and here's another funny fact, they are not manual, they are all autos with stall converters... anyone else find this thread humorous? 7 pages and thats BEFORE the race :-P

STOP MAGAZINE RACING!!!!! This is going to turn into a "Oh he should've pulled on you, musta been a bad driver" after the race is over thread...... and no FWD is not the fastest vehicles on the planet. Funny cars, nitro methane powered cars, alcohol fuel dragsters, and everything you see running 6s in the 250+ range are all REAR WHEEL DRIVE and here's another funny fact, they are not manual, they are all autos with stall converters... anyone else find this thread humorous? 7 pages and thats BEFORE the race :-P

People here love their cars and want to see a win thats why theres 7 pages now and by the time the race is done there will prob be 20. That said we should all just wait to see what happens.

Where did anyone say that FWD are the fastest? All Tripod said is that FWD cars have the least amount of drivetrain losses in a front engine configuration.

And comparing the Automatic transmission in a top fuel car to what we’ve got in the legacy…

Funny cars, nitro methane powered cars, alcohol fuel dragsters, and everything you see running 6s in the 250+ range are all REAR WHEEL DRIVE and here's another funny fact, they are not manual, they are all autos with stall converters...

Ummm... Actually, NHRA top-fuel (nitromethane burners) funny cars and dragsters are direct-drive. They have no transmission to speak of, only a clutch to engage and disengage the drivetrain.

"Unquestionably, the clutch is the most crucial element for Top Fuel success, so much so that the Schumacher team has added a dynamometer specifically for developing this component. The car has no transmission, so the five-disc clutch is set up to slip just enough to keep the tires from breaking traction. It's all controlled by centrifugal levers (adjustable by adding or removing weights) and air pressure (regulated by mechanical timers). Adjustment is applied in 12 stages over the 4.5-second run, using information from the computer logs of previous passes, and every part is replaced after each run. Friction elements are resurfaced to within .001-in. flatness for each race, and they have a total life span of two to three runs."

This site has some info if you'd like to learn more about NHRA top-fuel dragsters...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/motor_sports/1268936.html?page=2&c=y

...Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Thank you for correcting me, I was under the impression that one did not have to row through gears in them, thus not being true "manual" as the recent fanatics call it... Please tell me which ones use delayed stall converters then... and the point was that FWD cars are not the fastest in the planet, which still stands?

Archived