LegacyGT.com

05 SE-R MT v/s 05EAT Stage II

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you at Stg2 currently? I thought I saw you post afterwards saying that you were going to be putting in a Crucial UP/DP?

Nice kill though! I, along with another member, had a run in with a couple of these, and the outcomes were the same, the SER lost!

Yes currently stage II with a gutted DP & custom exhaust. Saw the EVO Catback & had to have it!

Oh so you don't even have an UP in there yet either? COOL that is good to know too. You basically beat his pants off with just a stage II AP map!

Well done. You can rest easy now around the office knowing that the "SER" is now an "ser" somewhere in the rear view of your car. Would have like to see the go-at-it, just for GPs. I'm both surprised and glad that the 5EAT did so well. BTW - did the other driver have much "stick" time on his car? Just curious if you could tell how well he was managing the power... other than a too aggressive launch :lol:

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

All I can say for his shifting is he did not miss a shift! He came from an 03 350z MT so I would assume he is very familiar with the shifts.

As a side note, I wish the Leggy sounded as good as his Altima!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

All I can say for his shifting is he did not miss a shift! He came from an 03 350z MT so I would assume he is very familiar with the shifts.

As a side note, I wish the Leggy sounded as good as his Altima!

More displacement always sounds better. Camaro, Vettes and mustangs are music to my ears what a growl

More displacement always sounds better. Camaro, Vettes and mustangs are music to my ears what a growl

I think with the right exhaust system you can get our boxers sounding just as bad-assed, I heard a WRX once that sounded like a gurgling v8 mmmmm.

I think with the right exhaust system you can get our boxers sounding just as bad-assed, I heard a WRX once that sounded like a gurgling v8 mmmmm.

Our exhaust note will always be a litlle different from that of our Rex cousins. :(

However, that said, the LGT's can sound quite mean, still! :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Congrats- great to see this thread come out with a happy conclusion!

I look forward to hearing about your future mods and also what your car will burn up the 1/4 mile in.

You two should be duking it out at the track from now on for safety's sake.

Already replaced with synthetic, As far as the exhaust goes I just received the EVO2 catback today, it is going on tomorrow:) The piping & welds are incredible!

My only complaint is the tip's are 4.5 inches

Already replaced with synthetic, As far as the exhaust goes I just received the EVO2 catback today, it is going on tomorrow:) The piping & welds are incredible!

My only complaint is the tip's are 4.5 inches

What synthetic ATF did you replace it with ?

I keed I keeed

Redline ATF.. Great product runs about 8.00 per quart;)

How did you change it out?

Did you just do the drain/refill (the pan only)?

Or did you do a complete fluid swap (how?)?

Thx

wukindada - Which Redline ATF? High-Temp? Racing?

Also, I actually emailed RedLine to see if any of their synthetic ATFs are compatible with Subaru's 5EAT recommended ATF fluids but they said none of their ATF are.

Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, the fluid called for in your

automatic is a special ATF and we don't offer a cross for it.

Regards, Dave

Red Line Oil

I keed I keeed

I will have to ask my mechanic which type of Redline he used ( i'm getting a little worried after the official redline response).

XENONK uses redline in his vehicle also.

Here is the part of the tensioner that sheered off yesterday:confused: So far I am having no problems. Belts are all tight, I realize I need to get it replaced but what is it's function?

tensioner.jpg.5876863b349a16e540a4cd9a0353b233.jpg

You know there is a difference between MT and AT transmission fluids.

Subaru's manual calls for the following ATF replacement fluids:

Subaru OEM ATF Fluid

Idemitsu ATF HP

Pennzoil ATF-J

I keed I keeed

Archived