LegacyGT.com

Scotch/Bourbon Whisky/Whiskey thread

allgrownup

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
How's the Redbreast 15? I'm a fan of the 12.

Well... I like it a lot! Ha ha. As it's the first (real) bottle of Irish whiskey I've ever bought (not counting cheap Jameson bottles), I don't really have a basis for comparison. It's a nice mixture of salty and sweet... and not too peaty which is not my favorite. Sort of like a salty vanilla taste, but very smooth... no burn at all! Highly recommend, but I have no way to compare it to other proper Irish whiskeys...

The Glenfiddich pictured is VERY smoky/peaty... if anyone's really into that sort of thing! I can appreciate it as a good scotch, and enjoy having a small glass at the beginning of the evening, but it's a bit heavy/smoky/peaty for my tastes. One is good, 2 is too much.

Might as well post up a pic of my shelves currently. Lots I love there (That Oban Distiller's Edition is crazy good IMO), some not so much (pretty disappointed in the Auchentoshan).

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/Whiskey%20Pic%2002272015_zpsva2fubfb.jpg

• 9 months later...

This time of year always seems to bring out the wine and scotch/whiskey drinker in me... We visit with my wife's family in Toronto and her Uncle is always bringing out top shelf stuff, and what starts as a digestif usually runs into breakfast the next morning. Coupled with the fact that I am putting the finishing touches on my kitchen renovation which includes a proper bar and beverage center area, and I'm looking for some good bottle suggestions.

Just yesterday I picked up a bottle of Glenmorangie 12yr Quinta Ruban for myself, and the 15yr Nectar D'or as a gift for her uncle.

Archived