LegacyGT.com

Scotch/Bourbon Whisky/Whiskey thread

allgrownup

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bulleit is good stuff, had some in my cabinet but it didn't last long. I like their bourbon. I like bourbon in general :lol: If you like rye, that 77 White Wax (newly empty) was awesome.

Below is my shelf after the holiday rush. I've been into Scotch lately, and have been trying to get an idea for the different tastes. The Glenlivet 18 is probably my favorite so far, killed most of that bottle a bit too quickly, so I am moving down to 12's so I don't kill my wallet too. Over the holidays I had a chance to try Macallan 18, Johnnie Blue, and Laphroaig 15. Still want to try a dram of Yamazaki or another of the more heavily sherried single malts.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2usyiyh.jpg

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Have any of you tried winter Jack (Daniels) yet? Made a warm cider with caramel winter jack and some cream and heated it up for 35 seconds and it was pretty delicious...tasted like biting into a taffy apple

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Laphroaig 15 was by far the most memorable dram I've had... tastes like a smoke-bomb went off in a tin of Bandaids - but in a good way. I'm sure there's a better way to describe it, but I'm a Scotch noob and have never tasted or smelled the majority of the references these critics make when describing spirits.

I'm pretty sure they discontinued it, with the 18 filling its spot. Haven't tried that one.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So my wife and I just had our first baby. As a gift to me she got me bottle of my favorite scotch made in my birth year. Glenlivet vintage 1977. It blew my mind and thought I'd share. Yes, I opened it and yea it is delicious. Then closed it again quickly.

IMAG0048.thumb.jpg.97ee80414cd183e949b0b58fd231ea71.jpg

just discovered a store called total wine. holy shit. it's like wal mart, but it's all wine, beer and spirits. picked up a bottle of e.h. taylor single barrel, another 10 yr. bottled in bond bourbon... mckenna? i think? aaaaaaand a bottle of high west rendezvous rye. yeah. there were so many others i wanted to grab but i had to restrain myself. and the best part? everything is about 30% less than my local store. this is how i die. drunk and broke.
i can put anything i want down here?!

Archived