LegacyGT.com

Scotch/Bourbon Whisky/Whiskey thread

allgrownup

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last few years I've enjoyed these, few bottles left with bits in them. I love Laphroaig lately

Oban 14 year old

Laphroaig quarter cask

Jameson 18 year old

Middleton 97 single cask

Red breast 12 yr old

Connemara bog oak peated single malt

Taketsuru 21 yr old blended malt

haha awesome thread fellas....

1. Bushmills 21yrs

2. Macallan's 12+

3. Hibiki's and Yamazaki's 12+

4. any other Glens...

5. Jameson & Jack ...my go to's

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up a bottle of Henry McKenna 10 year single barrel. Never heard of it before so I thought why not try it.

*Edit- First impression- There is a somewhat medicinal quality to this Bourbon, very much like rye whiskey. Not a bad thing IMO, but different. It is smooth and doesn't have a great deal of "bite" like Bulleit. Overall I give a 6.5/10. Not bad for the price. This is a single barrel though, so I guess it is possible other barrels have slightly different profiles.

McKenna.thumb.jpg.366237e7c71cf38d6c4a3400a639c49d.jpg

i picked up a bottle of that mckenna and was pretty excited for it as well. ended up pretty underwhelmed like you... it's... okay. but for a 10 year single barrel, i expected better. will not buy again, especially with things like elmer t lee and weller for the same price/cheaper.
i can put anything i want down here?!

Just heard on the news radio that there is a shortage of the Tennessee whiskey? Seems more people are drinking JD? Had anyone heard of this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Grabbed a 1L bottle of 15yo Glenlivet on my way home from Jamaica for $50. Can't get prices like that around here! I know it's not a "sexy" bottle but that volume/quality, for that price is tough to beat!

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday's purchases... never had a Japanese whisky before, but heard good things about this one! It didn't disappoint, decently salty, which I like. And of course the Glenlivet 12 is plenty good... especially when there's 1.75L of it! ;)

1686695401_photo(7).thumb.JPG.a549cfb48999075e57031c981f78e860.JPG

Yesterday's purchases... never had a Japanese whisky before, but heard good things about this one! It didn't disappoint, decently salty, which I like. And of course the Glenlivet 12 is plenty good... especially when there's 1.75L of it! ;)

Good buy...if you like those try:

glenfiditch and hibiki...i actually like these a lil better.

Although i loved the yamasaki 18's ....a lil tough to find one here in my area now

My current collection, Don't mind the cheap vodka/gin on the bottom left and cognac on the top left, just wanted to fill out the shelves :lol:

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/50457174-37D9-4416-BC4C-6DCDD44E142C_zpskolyz4wl.jpg

Glenlivet 15, Jameson 18, Jameson Special Reserve 12, Jameson Black Barrel, vintage Chivas 21, Talisker 10, Redbreast 12, Wild Turkey Rare Breed (strong shit, 112.8 proof :eek:), and The Dimple Pinch 15.

My current collection, Don't mind the cheap vodka/gin on the bottom left and cognac on the top left, just wanted to fill out the shelves :lol:

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/50457174-37D9-4416-BC4C-6DCDD44E142C_zpskolyz4wl.jpg

Glenlivet 15, Jameson 18, Jameson Special Reserve 12, Jameson Black Barrel, vintage Chivas 21, Talisker 10, Redbreast 12, Wild Turkey Rare Breed (strong shit, 112.8 proof :eek:), and The Dimple Pinch 15.

I'm going to say I've consumed...conservatively...5 gallons of Rare Breed.:spin:

Spent the 4th of July week in the poorest county in North Carolina... and drank maybe the finest Scotch I've ever had... Macallan 18yr, followed by some of the 15 as well. Yum!!!

Spent the 4th of July week in the poorest county in North Carolina... and drank maybe the finest Scotch I've ever had... Macallan 18yr, followed by some of the 15 as well. Yum!!!

Wow good one! i've only had a 15. Thinkin of the 18 is making me thirsty haha

Archived