LegacyGT.com

Scotch/Bourbon Whisky/Whiskey thread

allgrownup

bourbon fiend checking in here. was lucky enough to score a bottle of 20 year old pappy over the holidays... actually, the girlfriend got it for me as a present so, +62 brownie points on her.

usually i'm drinking elmer t. lee if i'm at home, or makers/knob if i'm out. bars usually have a shit bourbon selection unfortunately...

i can put anything i want down here?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^i cannot believe you got pappy. So jealous over here.

In other news Christmas was quite good to me in boozeland.

Knob creek, macallan 12, the glenrothes speyside single, diplomático reserva exclusiva,and Russian standard imperia. Who wants to help finish these?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm by no means a scotch snob, but I do enjoy Maccallan 12. Any suggestions on something similar? (not really into the heavily "peaty" taste)

imbastos, i have similar taste preferences as you. check my list above, you wont be dissapointed in any of them. if i had to pick one thats inexpensive and tasty i would select the gelnmorangie for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bourbon is really the only liquor I drink. My liquor cabinet right now is Bookers, Knob Creek, Jefferson Reserve, Blantons, Makers Mark, and Buffalo Trace.

My current favorite is Blantons, it's just so smooth. My go to everyday bourbon is the Buffalo Trace.

• Moderators
Bourbon is really the only liquor I drink. My liquor cabinet right now is Bookers, Knob Creek, Jefferson Reserve, Blantons, Makers Mark, and Buffalo Trace.

My current favorite is Blantons, it's just so smooth. My go to everyday bourbon is the Buffalo Trace.

Recent high notes for me have been bulleit for an everyday bourbon and I recently had a bottle of Prichard's Double Barrel--'twas delicious!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Recent high notes for me have been bulleit for an everyday bourbon and I recently had a bottle of Prichard's Double Barrel--'twas delicious!

Bulleit was a solid bourbon for the price, I just think Buffalo Trace is a tad smoother and a hint sweeter. If you like Bulleit you should try Lexington.

• Moderators
Knob Creek single barrel

A bit expensive for "everyday" IMO.

Bulleit was a solid bourbon for the price, I just think Buffalo Trace is a tad smoother and a hint sweeter. If you like Bulleit you should try Lexington.

Haven't had buffalo trace in a bit, will give it another shot.

I had bulleit and lexington back to back just the other night--sorry, but there's no comparison. They are quite different with Lexington being much harsher, IMO.

**I say this, and now you'll probably tell me that they're both coming from the same factory, lol--so much incest int he bourbon world right now...**

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Great to see this thread chugging, I recently bought a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 yr old, its pretty good not as good as Jefferson's or Pritchards but its only a 30-40 bucks depending on where you live!

My Most recent find is probably impossible to find outside of CA: its called Breaker Bourbon and is made up in Buellton (firestone walker area) very complex flavor but has a pretty good bite for those who don't prefer the overly sweet tones.

My Most recent find is probably impossible to find outside of CA: its called Breaker Bourbon and is made up in Buellton (firestone walker area) very complex flavor but has a pretty good bite for those who don't prefer the overly sweet tones.

I'm not so sure that was distilled in CA. K&L says that's a LDI product and they don't miss much. If you would like to try a very distinctive CA distilled product, try this:

http://www.drinkhacker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/low_gap_2yr.jpg

I had bulleit and lexington back to back just the other night--sorry, but there's no comparison. They are quite different with Lexington being much harsher, IMO.

Interesting, I've never had them back to back (of course I'll give that a shot). I haven't had Bulleit in a while but I remember finding it to be rather harsh for bourbon. Maybe my memory deceives me, I guess I'll just have to drink more to find out. :icon_wink

I like the 12 year too. So i looked in to buying the 25 year just to try it crazy money man they wanted $1400 my jaw dropped.:eek: Neadless to say i didnt come home with it.

Four years ago you could get it for $750. It won't get any cheaper.:eek:

Archived