LegacyGT.com

Scotch/Bourbon Whisky/Whiskey thread

allgrownup

Am I allowed to talk about rum in this thread? If so, I'm sipping some delicious Havana Club that I smuggled back from Canada. It really pisses me off that I can't buy it in the US because a bunch of whining Cuban exiles in Florida make it impossible to get elected in that state without taking an Anti-Castro pledge. Meanwhile, I can't go into any store in the US without having to push my way through products made in that other commie country - you know, the one that owns us.

On another rum subject, it's amazing how many people think that the "Ron" in "Ron Bacardi" is someones first name :lol::lol:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
On another rum subject, it's amazing how many people think that the "Ron" in "Ron Bacardi" is someones first name :lol::lol:

I've worked behind a bar for several years and not once have I known of anyone that thought anything about the word "Ron" in association with Barcardi. I'd say it's more amazing how many people drink the crappy stuff.

And no, you may not talk about rum here :lol:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

old weller is great stuff! i can never find the 12 year around me, but the antique 107 is probably the best bourbon for the price.

on a related note i was able to secure a bottle of pappy 15 year today. was really hoping for another 20 year like i got last season, but hey, this'll do nicely. it's just a damn crying shame every ******* hipster wants to fancy themselves a cowboy and the bourbon scene has exploded. it was always easy to find really nice stuff, any time you wanted until about 2 years ago. ah well.

i can put anything i want down here?!

That seems mighty expensive for their 10yr, I just picked up their 17yr for $50. In that price range I'd go with Macallan 12 for around $43.

Sipping on their 21yr watching MNF (which I recently found selling for $109(!) out of SoCal- I paid $150 at the distillery...) It is awesome :)

Might just be a difference in prices of Boston area vs. Bay area? I dunno... but I agree that the price didn't match the taste!

old weller is great stuff! i can never find the 12 year around me, but the antique 107 is probably the best bourbon for the price.

on a related note i was able to secure a bottle of pappy 15 year today. was really hoping for another 20 year like i got last season, but hey, this'll do nicely. it's just a damn crying shame every ******* hipster wants to fancy themselves a cowboy and the bourbon scene has exploded. it was always easy to find really nice stuff, any time you wanted until about 2 years ago. ah well.

I prefer the 15 to the 20.

I prefer the 15 to the 20.

wow really? i generally prefer a stiffer pour and really like the barrel strength juice.. but this was... harsher without giving you that face-numbing goodness of say a booker's or stagg.

also the color of the 20 was/is absolutely astounding. never seen a prettier spirit in a glass before.

i can put anything i want down here?!

• Moderators
Send me a dram of that pappy please :) I'm on the waiting list for it but haven't tried it before.

Not sure if srs, but would gladly send the address :) Do you get bowman brothers bourbons where you are? They are local to me and pretty tasty, wouldn't mind doing a small trade :)

Of course we'd have to meet up since shipping spirits is a no-no, wink wink nudge nudge :lol:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Just came across a couple old bottles that I thought I'd share (one's not a whisky, but oh well :lol:)

Chivas Royal Salute 21 Year, bottled in the ~70's (and no, I don't call it a 40 year old whisky, it's still a 21 year, just old haha)

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/Chivas_zps85fd45df.jpg

Bras D'or Napolean Hennessy, also bottled in the 70's (confirmed with Hennessy by the bottle number just for fun)

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/Hennessy_zps9c3af787.jpg

Archived