LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

You''ll just need a set of top hats front and rear, installation is about a 1.5hr job if you take your time. Just don't do what I did and hyper-extend your CV axles and it'll be a slam dunk job.

i am a mechanic, so no problem there ! stock link kit will fit also, or ajustable needed ?

I'll have to measure my fender height again, but I was able to get aligned within spec with all stock components with the Basics.

Why are they so cheap.. am i not reading something right? Is that for like the fronts only, and the rears are another ~$500? (or vice versa).

The Teins? That's the price for all 4 corners. Entry level price for entry level coilovers.

only thing that sucks is that i live in canada, they charge me over 100$ for shipping, and when they will arrive here, i will have to pay for taxes, here taxes are 15% ....

There are 2008 WRX KW V1's for sale here in Toronto (Toronto Subaru Club).

Sorry, not at all why i asked the question. I guess I just wanted someone to tell me it was more than ~$600 for a complete set of coilovers because i just dropped some cash on Konis and donor struts to use with my H&Rs, thinking it was a justified purchase by saying "well, it's about $1500 for coilovers anyway, sooo.." I mean, my current drop isn't terrible (1.2"), but for a daily driver I'm hoping the benefit of my setup being a better quality, longer lasting set of shocks outweighs the aesthetics of more low. At least i'll tell myself that..

Sorry, not at all why i asked the question. I guess I just wanted someone to tell me it was more than ~$600 for a complete set of coilovers because i just dropped some cash on Konis and donor struts to use with my H&Rs, thinking it was a justified purchase by saying "well, it's about $1500 for coilovers anyway, sooo.." I mean, my current drop isn't terrible (1.2"), but for a daily driver I'm hoping the benefit of my setup being a better quality, longer lasting set of shocks outweighs the aesthetics of more low. At least i'll tell myself that..

You would have to rebuild the coilovers, depending on your roads, in 30k miles. The Koni's will last you over 100k miles and the Koni/H&R setup is bad ass for a strut/spring combo.

• 3 weeks later...
So I am new to the strut/spring combo. I have read quite a few pages of information, but I skipped a few here and there since that is a lot of reading to do lol. So far I know I need to get the Koni yellow from the ‘08+ Impreza. Which I am assuming is the housing and the insert, but do I need anything else? I also know that I need to get the springs that go for my ‘12 Legacy 2.5i, but which springs should I go with? Eibach/H&R/RCE Blacks. Or do I simply buy the 08+ Impreza Koni yellow kits and change the springs for the ’12 Legacy 2.5i springs? Should I go with the Bilsteins and change out the Eibach springs that come with it? Trying to figure out which route I should I go if I do go with the strut/spring combo over coilovers? Since I rather not spend money on coilovers ever 20k or so miles.

You will need the 08+wrx inserts, which you would put in your stock front strut bodies, for the front and the 08+wrx rear shocks. Which springs is personal preference, but most will agree the stock ones are not the answer. What kind of ride and height change are you looking for?

Do not buy the Koni 08 WRX "Kit", you will be wasting money on springs you can't use. Buy the Koni front inserts and rear shocks, and buy springs made for our cars separately.

^^ What FLlegacy said....what are you looking for...stiffer, lower, firmed up but not lower????