LegacyGT.com

2012 Subaru Impreza....

godwhomismike

^^^That's what really impresses me about this car, the fuel mileage. IMO, at least from the pics, it is still meh.

Knowing that Subaru can currently turn out a car like the FR S or Toyota/Subaru coupe then the come up with this???

Seriously!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This quote from the referenced autblog.com article reflects many of our impressions:

"Legacy-inspired design leads the way, with the brand's hexagonal grille and hawk-eye headlights grafted into the design. The grille is outlined by a chrome strip, and instead of a chrome parallel running through it, arrow-tipped chrome spars – called wings – frame the Subaru badge. The wheel arches are another Legacy trait, adding more visual interest to flanks the car.

"

To those who like these new looks, Impreza Product Planner Kenneth Lim is the man.

Is it possible they have narrowed the frame rails for the new FB engine, and the EJ won't fit? It does seem that the turbo FB isn't done yet.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I bet Subaru will have a new 2013 version of the Impreza when the 2012 model fails big time.

FKING STUPID.....

I suppose this POS is not going to Asia or Australia.

You are stupid if you think this Impreza isn't going to sell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to say I think this car is a big win for Subaru. Before I bought my '10 I was much more interested in the 05-09 cars, which if most of us are honest was the perfect size and looked better. I think this Impreza car is absolutely the right size and the tweaks they made to the design language used on the current Legacy really do work much better. Similar to the Hyundai Elantra vs the Sonata, same design language but I think it works better on the smaller car. I would have bought the Impreza if I could have waited longer over the Legacy.

And 36 MPG for a car with AWD is pretty impressive and will keep it competitive with the other 40 MPG cars in it's class. Just think what they could do if they ever adopted DI.

I was walking past a Honda Civic today and noticed that the front doors on the new Impreza seem straight off of the Civic, with the separate glass piece and the mirror placement. Not sure I like that split window, but it's not a huge deal. (I believe the Suzuki SX4 has that as well.)

You are stupid if you think this Impreza isn't going to sell.

2010-2011 Impreza did great, 2012 Impreza won't.

Subaru is getting away from what they usually make...this is turning out to be TOYOTA Prius v2.

IcEWoLF, you are right that "Subaru is getting away from what they usually make".

However they seem to be replacing old customer with many, many new customers and the sell more and more... truckish cars aka crossovers.

So far there is only one dud - Tribeca, and it is a dud in USA, not sure about the rest of the world.

Krzys

The better mileage will bring those over that wouldn't come to the 2010-11 Impreza. To be honest probably 70% of people buying cars don't scrutinize the visual appearance as much as us enthusiasts do. They look at it, it's appealing, could care less about fender flares etc then sit inside and play with the gadgets. With gas prices more and more people are basing their vehicle shopping on MPG's, this one nails that.

As for the comments about the radio, I find it amusing to see people bash it because it's not integrated, when all you see across this forum is how stupid it was for Subaru to make an integrated stereo that can't be upgraded. Or if you had manual controls people complain that they have to buy a $50 peice to convert to double din. Now you have a double din unit that will pop right out.

Let's face it, this car is the low end of the family, it's not going to have everything integrated 100%, it costs more plus alot of people buy the cheaper cars because they can afford them and intend on upgrading slowly.

I for one like it, IF I were shopping right now for a new car, it would be ahead of a Legacy for me if I went NA and with gas prices, I may be going NA on my next car. But it will be a few years, so I'm waiting to see what a 6th gen Legacy looks like first.

2010-2011 Impreza did great, 2012 Impreza won't.

Subaru is getting away from what they usually make...this is turning out to be TOYOTA Prius v2.

The irony is strong here!

We all said that when the 2010 Legacy came out.

Now a 2010 Legacy owner is saying the same thing about the new Impreza? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

^those fog light surrounds are bleh. Looks like they skipped the projector headlights too. Probably trying to cut costs.

Cost and weight. Projectors are heavier.

What use would it be to have a smaller car that's about as expensive as the big one?

453747.png

Archived