LegacyGT.com

2012 Subaru Impreza....

godwhomismike

IcEWoLF, you are right that "Subaru is getting away from what they usually make".

However they seem to be replacing old customer with many, many new customers and the sell more and more... truckish cars aka crossovers.

So far there is only one dud - Tribeca, and it is a dud in USA, not sure about the rest of the world.

Krzys

Very true. The loyalists may not be pleased, but a larger chunk of the rest of the world is. Bigger apparently sells (see Outback and Forrester sales figures) and fuel efficiency sells, so while we may not like it, this is a winning combination for sales.

Just to make it interesting, let's get some bets on this. We can get an over under based off of outback and forrester sales % increase and have people put their money where their mouth is. :p

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and apparently Chrysler took over Fiat. Did not know that one. Thanks for the info, Matt. I guess I was wrong in thinking that Chrysler went bankrupt and Fiat saved them. People actually watch this "Today Show???"

currently fiat owns about 30% of chrysler. they are buying it in 5% chunks from the government. each time they hit one of the gov's goals, they get a lil more. they will be able to purchase up to 51% that way. the rest is up to the unions to sell. tv always gets shit wrong.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Cost and weight. Projectors are heavier.

My guess is Toyota is to blame for this. Even the base model Impreza (in the US) has had projector headlights since 2006, how much heavier/ more expensive can they be? They're halogens, not quad beam road following HIDs.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

The 2012 Impreza isn't bigger or bloated compared to the outgoing model. It has the same width and length. It may be taller, but it's hidden a lot better than the bubble roof on the current impreza. On top of that, the Impreza actually lost weight. Subaru grew the Impreza to the size they wanted it with the 2008. Now they are making the size more efficient with a longer wheelbase, more interior room, and a weight reduction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My guess is Toyota is to blame for this. Even the base model Impreza (in the US) has had projector headlights since 2006, how much heavier/ more expensive can they be? They're halogens, not quad beam road following HIDs.

Doubt it's Toyota, name me all of the compact non luxury/non premium sedans with projectors. I can only think of one left.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

waiting to see wrx/sti trimmed car before i pass judgement.

+1 to that.

My initial reaction is not negative. Which is something for a recent Subaru design. I hated pics of GR Impreza, but grew to semi-like the widebody hatch version of it. This one can turn pretty good actually.

Nothing helps 2010+ Legacy. Still a turd.

The 2012 Impreza isn't bigger or bloated compared to the outgoing model. It has the same width and length. It may be taller, but it's hidden a lot better than the bubble roof on the current impreza. On top of that, the Impreza actually lost weight. Subaru grew the Impreza to the size they wanted it with the 2008. Now they are making the size more efficient with a longer wheelbase, more interior room, and a weight reduction.

Any word on the realease dates of info for the 2012 Legacy? :iam:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

The 2012 WRX will look like the 2011 WRX, as it's a carryover of the current model. No (major) changes until at least MY13.

Then he's probably looking forward to seeing what the 2013 WRX will look like. Just a guess.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I'll just say: I'm looking forward to seeing what the next-generation WRX looks like, no matter when it gets here.

I do like the fact that the new Impreza looks a lot like the previous-generation Legacy. If the WRX & STI look like a meaner version of it, I'll definitely be interested (if the interior meets or beats '05-'09 Legacy standards).

I'll just say: I'm looking forward to seeing what the next-generation WRX looks like, no matter when it gets here.

I do like the fact that the new Impreza looks a lot like the previous-generation Legacy. If the WRX & STI look like a meaner version of it, I'll definitely be interested (if the interior meets or beats '05-'09 Legacy standards).

The new impreza is so foul and bloated

FB20 is crock of sh$T if it goes into the Legacy that is the end of my love affair with this brand. I will still be able to find excitement in the BL as I fell in love with the BE and BL to start with but I will not be buying any BM Legacy nor any Post 2012 WRX/STi.

Archived