LegacyGT.com

2012 Subaru Impreza....

godwhomismike

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like an improvement after all. I dislike very much the side mirrors. I hope the WRX/STI package looks more inspiring, especially in hatchback trim. Somehow the sedan is losing me. I like my Legacy GT sedan, not Impreza sedan anymore.

And more pictures here of course others have already linked to them pages ago

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/20/2012-subaru-impreza/

Overall, it's much better than the 5th gen Legacy imo, but I still don't like it as much as my 4th gen Legacy. (I loved that design the first moment I saw it, this one is so-so.)

I like that they didn't put chrome around the window frames (black trim looks better and ages better, imo). I like that the car's got a regular parking brake handle. And I'm glad to see turn signal lights in the mirrors on a couple of photos - I assume those will make the North American version in at least the upper trim levels?

On trim levels, from the press release:

Impreza Premium:

• 16-inch alloy wheels
  • steering wheel audio and Bluetooth® control switches
  • rear stabilizer bar
  • adjustable console armrest
  • body-color exterior mirrors
  • chrome interior door handles.
  • audio system featuring: Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming, Radio Data Broadcast System (RDBS), iPod® control capability, USB port, 3.5mm aux. input jack and six speakers.
  • OPTIONS:
    • All-Weather Package (heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors, windshield wiper de-icer)
    • power moonroof
    • navigation system: 6.1-inch touch screen LCD display, voice control, iTunes® tagging, SMS text messaging capability, XM® Satellite Radio and XM NavTraffic

Impreza Sport Premium:

• five-door model
  • 17-inch alloy wheels
  • All-Weather Package
  • fog lights
  • roof rails
  • unique seat fabric
  • rocker panel spoilers.

Limited and Sport Limited (five-door only):

• Leather seating
  • All-Weather Package
  • Alloy Wheel Package
  • further audio upgrade (above the Premium), 4.3-inch display, standard HD Radio
  • OPTIONS:
    • navigation system
    • power moonroof

So the "Sport" trims are 5-door only. So the lineup is something like:

Sedan: 2.0i, 2.0i Premium, 2.0i Limited

Hatch: 2.0i, 2.0i Premium, 2.0i Sport Premium, 2.0i Sport Limited

Press release says the CVT is "a quieter and more compact version of the CVT that debuted in the 2010 Legacy and Outback® models."

Steering wheel is tilt/telescoping standard.

I like the looks much better than the "outgoing" model.

"Suburu" is doing what everyone else is doing, just much later. Moving a couple models up in class and each other's place. Take Nissan in mid 2000s. The Altima grew in size to match the Maxima, and Sentra took it's place. I see the same thing here. Legacy became the Camry (sort of) and the Impreza is taking it's place.

I don't care about the badge. However, I do care about the cheap interior and probably lack of options to avoid cannibalizing sales :(

I am a very simple man. I want rear LSD at least, heated seats, aux-in, projectors with XENONs, decent power. Is that really too much to ask?

I'm loving it! I hope there are significant NVH improvements similar to those made in the Legacy. This is everything I was hoping for from 5th-Gen Legacy.

However, what are they thinking making a brand new model with the Nav system placed so low? It should be up where that clock is! Interesting DIVX logo and SD Card slot

I am a very simple man. I want rear LSD at least, heated seats, aux-in, projectors with XENONs, decent power. Is that really too much to ask?

Ah, but this will come with the WRX! Except you'll almost for sure need to step up to the STI if you want a mechanical LSD.

Speaking of the performance versions, interesting comment from one of the readers of the InsideLine piece:

kgford says:

02:54 PM, 04/20/2011

...No new WRX or STI this year as the body rigidity components that are necessary for WRC racing have been dropped to reduce weight. As such i would expect that The next WRX/STI will be their own model line....

Interesting speculation, but does it even matter since Subaru withdrew from WRC in 2008?

I hope everyone is reading all the threads. Cause in one of the others there's a rumor that there will not be a 2012 STI because it lost rigidity due to weight savings. I am not sure, I am just relaying info.

I hope everyone is reading all the threads. Cause in one of the others there's a rumor that there will not be a 2012 STI because it lost rigidity due to weight savings. I am not sure, I am just relaying info.

They confirmed that there will be a wrx and sti today at the unveiling show.

i like the hatch version to be honest, the photo with the gunmetal wheels makes it look pretty good.

the sedan looks a bit awkward but i would consider purchasing the hatch

Couldn't agree more. I do like the hatch.

I thought I had seen similar wheels before on a Subaru. Now I know what they were since they're on your car. Reminds me of the newest Accord wheel as well. Or maybe it was the Civic Si... some Honda I've seen.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

So far, diggin' it. As long as my impression of it in RL holds to what I'm seeing online, and I fit decently inside, I think this might be my next car.

I've been so close to buying a Prius or Camry Hybrid lately. But now, I'm willing to wait until fall for the '12 Impreza.

Archived