LegacyGT.com

2012 Subaru Impreza....

godwhomismike

That must be so frustrating....knowing you can sell cars, but none to be had.

Since cars are difficult to get a hold of, are people paying closer to sticker?

we are not one of those dealers, we dont take advantage of the customer, now for rare cars (stick shift Foresters, stick shift Outbacks, WRX, STI, LGT) we sell about $500 under sticker, other cars we are selling for a little above invoice. but we are in the DC metro area and we have 5 Subaru dealers within 20 miles of our dealer

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I drive a 2010 civic ex. I get stuck in the snow here more than I want. I get about 30mpg 75% city driving and was hoping to get the impreza for the mpg and awd but I need it before the snow falls cuz of all the driving I do for work. Jan is way past the original september release date (pre japan earthquake).

Probably gonna end up with a 11 legacy 2.5...

=\ I'd be just as worried about AWD as ground clearance after you have dedicated snow tires.

500 under sticker or a little above invoice isn't a decent deal in this area. I've bought 3 Subarus from dealers, always under invoice. Best bet is to find someone at another dealership on the internet and get the invoice sheet on the car from them if the dealer won't give it to you themselves. Typically if they won't go below that, it's easier to just go to the next dealership in town with the sheet and say "Last dealership wouldn't go below this, you get the sale if you will." It's never failed for me.

The market is a little different right now than you're used to. Transaction prices for new and used cars having been going up since cash 4 clunkers and are well above where they were from just a year ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

500 under sticker or a little above invoice isn't a decent deal in this area. I've bought 3 Subarus from dealers, always under invoice. Best bet is to find someone at another dealership on the internet and get the invoice sheet on the car from them if the dealer won't give it to you themselves. Typically if they won't go below that, it's easier to just go to the next dealership in town with the sheet and say "Last dealership wouldn't go below this, you get the sale if you will." It's never failed for me.

its where we start at and the 500 under sticker is for the rare cars well only for the WRX, STI, and LGT, the stick shifts me personally i sell for $100 above invoice other cars i sell for invoice or $300 below. for me it depends on the client, if they are assholes the most i go is invoice then i trade off to the manager if they are nice i will give them $300 below no haggle (internet prices are $300 below invoice on all cars except WRX, STI, and LGT)

=\ I'd be just as worried about AWD as ground clearance after you have dedicated snow tires.

I had a 10 3.6R with stock tires. Ground clearance wasn't an issue. It is in my civic tho. My father in laws new honda accord too.

The problem I have when it snows in the burbs where I live is the front wheels getting stuck in high snow and needing to be pushed out of it. All season tires and wrong wheel drive is usually fine on the road. Just ask the 90 yr old who races her old kia sephia with stock tires down the 55mph road during heavy snowfall :lol:

Id rather just have the extra wheels turning to get me out of those situations the few times during winter out happens do the 300lb santa claus looking man doesn't have to push me when I'm stuck. True story.

If i lived in socal still id be driving a new elantra or a prius lol. Or still have my tuned 05 lgt :(

I had a 10 3.6R with stock tires. Ground clearance wasn't an issue. It is in my civic tho. My father in laws new honda accord too.

The problem I have when it snows in the burbs where I live is the front wheels getting stuck in high snow and needing to be pushed out of it. All season tires and wrong wheel drive is usually fine on the road. Just ask the 90 yr old who races her old kia sephia with stock tires down the 55mph road during heavy snowfall :lol:

Id rather just have the extra wheels turning to get me out of those situations the few times during winter out happens do the 300lb santa claus looking man doesn't have to push me when I'm stuck. True story.

If i lived in socal still id be driving a new elantra or a prius lol. Or still have my tuned 05 lgt :(

=P Two extra wheels that have power going to them does nothing when they're not even touching the ground.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/impreza2012.html#prices

They're accepting orders for the 2012 Impreza, Legacy, and Outback now. $1000 to add CVT. $300 for PZEV. They always require you to go up to the trim above base for the all-weather package too, lol. Oh well, premium trim for me I guess.

And they're taking orders for 2012 Tribecas too?

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

^ My dealer wouldn't confirm or deny that they are stopping production of the Tribeca in June when I got my Outback. He seemed to have about as much knowledge on it as I've read on the forums. Sales are down, but nothing concrete has been released.....

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/impreza2012.html#prices

They're accepting orders for the 2012 Impreza, Legacy, and Outback now. $1000 to add CVT. $300 for PZEV. They always require you to go up to the trim above base for the all-weather package too, lol. Oh well, premium trim for me I guess.

Ooh, specs and prices.

The Impreza sedan has more interior room than a 4th gen Legacy. All interior dimensions are equal or greater, except for front legroom, which is -0.6". Even the trunk is a bit bigger.

Outside, it's a bit wider (+0.4"), taller (+1.5"), but shorter in length (-4.7"). Wheelbase is -1".

Fuel tank capacity is -2.4 gallons, but economy boost gives it better estimated range. (Impreza 391 - 522 miles, Legacy 338 - 456 miles (city - hwy). Though the 5th gen Legacy's larger tank beats them both.)

Feature-wise, beyond the power & transmission differences, the Limited models match up pretty well against the Legacy. Loses 6-disc changer. Gains bluetooth, USB, LCD display, driver knee airbag, chrome trim door handles/fog lights, headlight auto-on setting. Moonroof is optional instead of standard. Navi available. (Not sure if driver's seat adjustment is manual.)

Navi available.

I'm curious if it's a new navigation system. I think I remember reading somewhere, either Autoblog or Motortrend, that it's going to be a new navigation system. I'm hoping it's not an outdated Kenwood. It's definitely not the new Tom Tom since I don't see any 6" navigation systems offered by Tom Tom on their U.S. website.

I'm curious if it's a new navigation system. I think I remember reading somewhere, either Autoblog or Motortrend, that it's going to be a new navigation system. I'm hoping it's not an outdated Kenwood. It's definitely not the new Tom Tom since I don't see any 6" navigation systems offered by Tom Tom on their U.S. website.
I'm not familiar with Subaru's nav systems, but I guess this is what was shown at New York:

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/31056524+w750+st0/2012-subaru-impreza-navigation.jpg

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/new_york/2011/1104_2012_subaru_impreza_first_look/photo_03.html

And from the press release:

The new navigation system includes a 6.1-inch touch screen LCD display, voice control, iTunes® tagging, SMS text messaging capability, XM® Satellite Radio and XM NavTraffic (both XM services require subscriptions). Updated map data can be downloaded to a personal computer and then transferred into the system via secure digital (SD) card.

I'm not familiar with Subaru's nav systems, but I guess this is what was shown at New York:

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/31056524+w750+st0/2012-subaru-impreza-navigation.jpg

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/new_york/2011/1104_2012_subaru_impreza_first_look/photo_03.html

Screen needs to be bigger. But looks good too....

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Ah, that's the one I saw in the images from Autoblog.com. Thank you! It looks shiny new, lol. The screen size isn't as big as the Kenwoods in the Subaru Forester but at least it's more visible unlike my smartphone.

here is the new letter we got from Subaru yesterday

The 2012MY Impreza is scheduled to begin arriving at dealerships around the end of November with large quantities shipping in December. To support the launch of the “Love is Worth Waiting For” 2012MY Impreza sold order program, we are pleased to provide this early pricing announcement. The 2012MY pricing for the other carlines will be announced later this summer.

Motor Trend agrees the new Impreza will be a winner: “Now that it’s faster, lighter, more efficient, and much easier on the eyes, the 2012 Subaru Impreza looks to have all the right ingredients to make it another sales sensation.”

The new Impreza is also “priced right” to successfully take on the competition. The well-equipped Impreza 2.0i Sedan has a starting price of only $17,495 and the 5-door is available starting at $17,995 – the same starting price as the 2011MY! All ‘12MY Impreza models will continue featuring the active safety benefits of Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, Vehicle Dynamics Control with a four-wheel Traction Control System – as well as a new Brake Override System – as standard equipment.

All Impreza models will feature a new 2.0L DOHC horizontally-opposed boxer engine. It kicks out 148 hp, but with less weight (164 pounds less, in fact), an enhanced suspension, and better aerodynamics, the new Impreza is faster and handles better. Just as impressive is the improved fuel economy, particularly when paired with the redesigned Lineartronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). When equipped with the CVT, the new Impreza provides 27 MPG City and 36 MPG highway. This is an improvement of 10 miles per gallon highway – an amazing 38% – compared to the ‘11MY! The CVT option is available for an additional $1,000.

Additional new or significantly upgraded features on all Impreza models include a driver’s side knee airbag, front seat head restraints that are height and tilt adjustable, whiplash protection front seats, a redesigned multi-function display, electric power-assisted steering, roof mounted antenna, and a telescopic steering column.

The Impreza 2.0i Premium has a starting price of only $18,795 – the 5-door is $19,295. The Premium adds 16-inch alloy wheels, as well as an audio system that includes standard Bluetooth Audio Streaming and Bluetooth Hands-Free Connectivity, USB port with iPod control capability, an auxiliary input jack, and a single-disc CD Player with MP3/WWA capability and 6 speakers. The Premium also includes a redesigned center console with an adjustable armrest lid, cruise control, body color exterior mirrors, and

2012 Impreza – Page 2 audio/Bluetooth switches on the steering wheel. CVT-equipped models will include steering wheel paddle

shifters with a virtual 6-speed manual mode function. The 5-door also includes a standard cargo cover.

The Premium models will offer different option packages, starting with the All-Weather Package for $500 and includes heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors, and a windshield wiper de-icer. The Alloy Wheel Package (17-inch alloy wheels, stainless tip on the 4-door single exhaust, and leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter) can then be added with either a Power Moonroof or Navigation System for an additional $1,500 ($2,000 total with the All-Weather Package). The all-new Navigation System provides more content at a lower price and will be a much more popular option choice. In addition to the audio features included with the Premium, the new Navigation System includes a 6.1” touch-screen, voice activated controls, HD Radio, iTunes Tagging capability, SMS text messaging capability, XM Satellite Radio with available NavTraffic (with subscription), and a roof mounted audio & satellite antenna. The Power Moonroof and Navigation System can both be added with the Alloy Wheel and All-Weather Packages for a total of $3,000.

For the first time ever, we are adding a Limited trim level to the Impreza line-up. The Impreza 2.0 Limited 4-door starts at an impressive $21,595 and the 5-door is available for $22,095. The Limited includes leather-trimmed upholstery and leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle. Lineartronic CVT and All-Weather Package are standard. Compared to the Premium, the audio system adds an upgraded 4.3” LCD display screen with HD Radio and standard iTunes tagging capability. The interior also includes automatic climate control, rear seat arm rest with dual cup holders, and auto on-off headlights. Exterior highlights include 17-inch alloy wheels, the stainless tip on the 4-door single exhaust, chrome door handles, fog lights with chrome trim rings and chrome grill accents. The Power Moonroof option is available for $1,000; the Power Moonroof and Navigation System can be grouped together for only $2,000.

For 2012, the Outback Sport models are replaced with the “Sport”. The 5-door Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium starts at only $20,295. 17-inch alloy wheels with a gunmetal gray finish are standard along with roof rails, body-color rocker spoiler, unique sport fabric, fog lights, and the All-Weather Package. The Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited starts at $22,595 with optional Power Moonroof or Power Moonroof/Navigation System packages.

Destination and Delivery charges for the ‘12MY Impreza are $750 (Alaska D&D is $900). PZEV models add an additional $300.

Thank you for your support the past several months! Given our limited availability our results have been very impressive. We are grateful as well for the outstanding efforts of our partners at FHI and we will be well prepared for our successful Impreza launch. Be prepared to soon start selling this carline in volume!

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly. The letter reads like cruise control or paddle shifters don't come on the base CVT, but start on the premium. Is this correct?

It says the same thing on the cars101.com website for the CVT and paddle shifters. I didn't read anything about the cruise control in regards to the base model though.

Archived