LegacyGT.com

2012 Subaru Impreza....

godwhomismike

FAIL 2012 exterior styling ISNT THE same as 2012 Impreza styling the WRX is clinging to relevance and not looking a huge mechanical turd.

what i'm saying is the 2011 wrx had upgraded in their exterior wider stance and more muscular look and has gotten rave reviews for it. the new exterior of the 2012 impreza will also be an upgrade from the 11 and will also get praise as well.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be interesting to see how it handles slippery conditions.

If it's anything like the Hi Hy/RXh (no rear drive shaft) it should be fine. No complaints here.

Not that Toyota can sell any hybrids anyway. Due to the quake, Toyota only sold 5000 hybrids in the month of June, whereas the normally sell between 18 and 20k. Overall Lexus sales also dropped over 50%. Just FYI.

what i'm saying is the 2011 wrx had upgraded in their exterior wider stance and more muscular look and has gotten rave reviews for it. the new exterior of the 2012 impreza will also be an upgrade from the 11 and will also get praise as well.

Oh i see :lol: the WRX looks better now than it did in 08 for sure the IMpreza looked bad in 08 and it looks not necessarily worse now as it just looks less and less like a Subaru :( It looks like a Ford Fiesta mixed with a Scion and a hint of Forte :lol:

I actually like the 10' WRX a lot

I'm curious if it's the same "Real-time" AWD that they use in the RAV4 which is incompetent.

since the battery is in the back, i wonder if they can just attach motors to each of rear wheels and power it.

I'm guessing it work in some fashion like that. Maybe one motor for both wheels that will then also be used for regeneration of the battery when not in AWD. So it COULD be a very good system.... now if they could just figure out a way to make the thing look somewhat presentable.....

oh and I hear the 2012 Impreza will have standard AWD ...... thought I should throw something OT in there ;)

That AWD system or the car in general?

:lol: I was referring to the car. While they have improved vastly from first gen, it still looks weird, IMO. But then asthetics are all objective. I'm sure many people think the LGT is ugly or my new Outback is to boxy, but I love em both.

As for the AWD, I guess they should make sure they roll it out in a presentable way, but most people that buy a car with AWD could care less if it was effective or fulltime vs reactive, most buy it just to say "yeah my car has AWD" even if it doesn't do anything but give them a false sense of security.

:lol: I was referring to the car. While they have improved vastly from first gen, it still looks weird, IMO. But then asthetics are all objective. I'm sure many people think the LGT is ugly or my new Outback is to boxy, but I love em both.

As for the AWD, I guess they should make sure they roll it out in a presentable way, but most people that buy a car with AWD could care less if it was effective or fulltime vs reactive, most buy it just to say "yeah my car has AWD" even if it doesn't do anything but give them a false sense of security.

Agreed. Just slap an AWD decal on the car and your average driver would just be fine with that. They don't care how it works as long as it works.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Agreed. Just slap an AWD decal on the car and your average driver would just be fine with that. They don't care how it works as long as it works.

That depends entirely on the buyer's definition of the AWD system "working" though.

That's all great and dandy though if most couldn't care less if the AWD really does its job or not; I'm still really curious what the AWD system will be like coming from Toyota. :spin: I'd be surprised if the AWD system in this vehicle rivaled a Subaru's automatic transmission AWD systems. :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Video: 2012 Subaru Impreza Explained to Canadians (Inside Line)

And since I don't think it was mentioned here yet, even though it's a few weeks old news:

2012 Subaru Impreza Delayed

“Yes there has been a delay,” confirmed Subaru product communications boss Dominick Infante to AutoGuide, “but Impreza production will begin in September.” The on-sale date for the Impreza will not be pushed back beyond the current year, says Infante. “Cars will be in dealerships in November.”

One of the bigger suby dealers here said they expect the 12 impreza on their lot by dec/jan. So far away :(

im waiting for these damn things so i have something to sell that will compete with the Civic, i was hoping it would come out before school started but.......

subaru has sent us a letter saying nov or early dec, but i would put it closer to jan

im waiting for these damn things so i have something to sell that will compete with the Civic, i was hoping it would come out before school started but.......

subaru has sent us a letter saying nov or early dec, but i would put it closer to jan

I test drove a Civic and it was horrible. I also drove a new Cruze & Elantra. Those were pretty nice. SOA better get those cars made ASAP.

I drive a 2010 civic ex. I get stuck in the snow here more than I want. I get about 30mpg 75% city driving and was hoping to get the impreza for the mpg and awd but I need it before the snow falls cuz of all the driving I do for work. Jan is way past the original september release date (pre japan earthquake).

Probably gonna end up with a 11 legacy 2.5...

I drive a 2010 civic ex. I get stuck in the snow here more than I want. I get about 30mpg 75% city driving and was hoping to get the impreza for the mpg and awd but I need it before the snow falls cuz of all the driving I do for work. Jan is way past the original september release date (pre japan earthquake).

Probably gonna end up with a 11 legacy 2.5...

most if not all dealers are hurting because of these delays, the dealer i work at only has 7 new cars & 2 demos

1 loaded Limited Tribeca

2 XT Premium Foresters

2 Forester Premiums (both are demos)

1 Impreza Outback Sport

1 Impreza Premium sedan

1 3.6R Limited Outback

1 2.5 Premium Outback

we have fun at work trying to find the cars people want

most if not all dealers are hurting because of these delays, the dealer i work at only has 7 new cars & 2 demos

1 loaded Limited Tribeca

2 XT Premium Foresters

2 Forester Premiums (both are demos)

1 Impreza Outback Sport

1 Impreza Premium sedan

1 3.6R Limited Outback

1 2.5 Premium Outback

we have fun at work trying to find the cars people want

That must be so frustrating....knowing you can sell cars, but none to be had.

Since cars are difficult to get a hold of, are people paying closer to sticker?

Archived