LegacyGT.com

2012 Subaru Impreza....

godwhomismike

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since the Impreza actually is the cheaper car it's understandable. You don't buy one and expect luxury, you buy one because you are cutting costs.

...or you simply want a smaller nimbler car, or want a wagon/hatch without having to buy a bloated CUV/SUV wannabe Outback.

Oh really? Even with the manual transmission and the hill holder feature? :confused:

I believe they used a check valve to hold the service brakes against the rotor until the clutch was let out.

If the car was on an upward angle, a little ball would roll into position when the brake pedal was depressed and stay there until the clutch was released.

Or something like that.

So when do these hit the shelves? Anyone have a date, aside from "in the fall?" We are seriously considering one for my wife. :)

Anybody driven one? Maybe Subaru salesmen on a ride and drive or something?

My local dealer said late October....but he runs a smaller dealership. I'm sure the larger ones may get them earlier.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Oh wow I didn't see this until today.

http://cdn.images.autocar.co.uk/612x408FFFFFFF/Car/Subaru/Subaru-2041111110379711600x1060.jpg

It looks like the automatic shift panel has changed to the bland one... I really liked how it was tiered and partially separate for the previous automatic transmissions in Subarus. It made accidentally shifting less probable. It also had that new technology feel to it. I'm going to miss that but I've always been happy that the mechanical parking brake is coming back.

The interior is very Legacy....looks like a mass market winner to me.

I believe they used a check valve to hold the service brakes against the rotor until the clutch was let out.

If the car was on an upward angle, a little ball would roll into position when the brake pedal was depressed and stay there until the clutch was released.

Or something like that.

Which is how the first hill holder worked - and it was good enough in most cases. No nonsense and simple. This electrical I have on my Legacy now feels a bit overdone.

453747.png

The new interior door panels look cheap to me compared to my 2007 Legacy. I think it's the lame armrests that lack the contours and vertical grab handle that the 4th gen Legacy had.

I wish the new Subies had an interior more like the Buick Regal (aka Opel Insignia):

http://carmexxline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2011-buick-regal-interior.jpg

I don't see a brake handle on tha Buick (Opal) :eek::lol:

My dealer still said late fall, no difinitive answer due to "disaster in Japan"

Apparently they get to go test drive them in a few weeks. So that is at least promising. I'm looking to get an '08-'10 Hatch, so I hope they come out soon so I can jump on a trade in ;)

I don't see a brake handle on tha Buick (Opal) :eek::lol:

My dealer still said late fall, no difinitive answer due to "disaster in Japan"

Apparently they get to go test drive them in a few weeks. So that is at least promising. I'm looking to get an '08-'10 Hatch, so I hope they come out soon so I can jump on a trade in ;)

'08-'10 for the price or for something else? :confused:

'08-'10 for the price or for something else? :confused:

Price. We are starting a family and need a larger car. My wife currently has an Elantra. Going to swap the LGT for the Outback and cut payments slightly.

Then eventually trade her Elantra in on an Impreza. Can't afford two high car payments. Also the insurance will be much better. I know I'm gonna miss the LGT, but I think the end result is worth the sacrifice.

I like the styling of the '08 Hatches. Not so much of the '05-'07. Want a hatch for the usability, I used to have an '05 Impreza 4dr, cant fit much in the trunk, and the pass thru is pretty much useless.

I had an 08 Impreza Outback Sport. Awesome car and I wish I was able to keep it with the Legacy. The first thing you need to do is put on an RSB. Cheap thing to add to the car, but makes a world of difference in handling.

I had an 08 Impreza Outback Sport. Awesome car and I wish I was able to keep it with the Legacy. The first thing you need to do is put on an RSB. Cheap thing to add to the car, but makes a world of difference in handling.

I'm actually finding more MT OBS than regular imprezas. Is there much difference? If a rear sway bar helps handling that's not a problem.

What is the difference between the two? Does the OBS sit higher or is it just the trim?

I'm actually finding more MT OBS than regular imprezas. Is there much difference? If a rear sway bar helps handling that's not a problem.

What is the difference between the two? Does the OBS sit higher or is it just the trim?

Yeah, the OBS sits a tad higher...but the OBS trim level gives you more niceties like including the roof rails, winter package, cargo cover and stuff like that.

The two tone paint and trim specific rims sold me on it vs. a regular Impreza. The 17" rims looked great.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/jmark42/P1030654.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/jmark42/DSC00030.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

this car will be a winner with its impressive interior (4th gen legacy dna), its nice looks, and AWD...not to mention excellent mpg.

11 wrx exterior styling is already a hit and this one too. subaru FTW

It keeps the mechanical emergency brake.

And looks pretty similar to the XV concept's interior, from what we can see (minus the silver bits and LCDs).

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5226/5634508915_8111f92af1_o.jpg

Full size here.

Look like the 4th gen Legacy's cupholder cover.

Sharp heads up display... works for me

^^ That was my first thought too, but then figured he was probably referring to the top-most section of the center stack - not a windshield-reflected display, but you don't need to look down, so it could broadly be considered a HUD-type display.

this car will be a winner with its impressive interior (4th gen legacy dna), its nice looks, and AWD...not to mention excellent mpg.

11 wrx exterior styling is already a hit and this one too. subaru FTW

FAIL 2012 exterior styling ISNT THE same as 2012 Impreza styling the WRX is clinging to relevance and not looking a huge mechanical turd.

FAIL 2012 exterior styling ISNT THE same as 2012 Impreza styling the WRX is clinging to relevance and not looking a huge mechanical turd.

I don't think he said they were the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived