LegacyGT.com

Everything you wanted to know about a hitch install...

3tones

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice...i been wanting one of these...i think i will order one this week...it would be a great rear bumper enforcer...especially since i live in chicago..ppl like to tailgate or cant parallel park...lol

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

When I was at stock height, I busted 3-4 decorative end caps I put on. When it was lowered, I put on a small one with a golf ball on the end. Can't tell you how many times I whacked that golf ball off!!

Hitch is off now, ready for sale.

mine is as well

• 3 weeks later...
anyone have the borla cbe installed with a hitch? just wondering about fitment issues...i already have a hitch installed (think its a uhaul) with my oem exhaust and am hoping to upgrade to a borla soon. cant sacrifice towing the jetski tho!

Has anyone ever modified or made a custom hitch to come through the rear bumper? I'm going to try it but it would be nice not to reinvent the wheel.

05'lgt

You are not alone. I've been thinking about getting a Class III and taking it to my favorite machine shop for a little "modification". I'm running a slightly lowered LGT wagon. The hidden hitch with the 2" bung in the video hangs below the exhaust tips?! :eek: If I bolted that up to my car it would hit the ground with every ripple in the road, so through the bumper (at least the lower part) is the only option for me. Here's the Aussie thread. Sucks that we can't get something like this in the US. :mad:

anyone have the borla cbe installed with a hitch? just wondering about fitment issues...i already have a hitch installed (think its a uhaul) with my oem exhaust and am hoping to upgrade to a borla soon. cant sacrifice towing the jetski tho!

I have a Borla exhaust and recently installed hitch (older design with round tube) without problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone running the OEM subaru hitch P/N: L101SAG000 on a sedan? Seems most people run the L101SAG100

I would have to look at my receipt. That is the number I have in my notes, so that is probably what I asked the dealer for.

What is the difference I wonder?

-- Steve

88009967_hitch001a.jpg.e62ca5bf2774873540fdf0ad31bdf1a8.jpg

Search my name for posts on trailer hitches. I posted pics of my installation on a sedan a few years ago. No grinding of any type is needed with the Subaru hitch. This was true for my 2005 sedan, and also for my 2008 spec B

• 3 weeks later...
I finally got around to installing the hitch from my 07 SE onto my 05 GT. No problems, but the nuts were corroded from the plugs being out, probably the last owner had a hitch installed and did not put them back in. I cleaned the threads with a tap/die set. While I was down there, I did something I have thought about for some time, added some graphics.:lol:

1871779458_NOTSOHiddenHitch.thumb.jpg.00c2f22aef7c56bf6340592777952824.jpg

The "new" triangular version of Hidden Hitch has been around for almost 4 years now. It still sucks, and actually looks worse than the round tube version. How do I know? I've had one. I took it off 2 months later because it would scrape on everything.

Bit the bullet and got an OB hitch and I haven't been sorry about that.

Hidden Hitch:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/brandon12284/IMG_1169.jpg

Anyone running the OEM subaru hitch P/N: L101SAG000 on a sedan? Seems most people run the L101SAG100

Well I bought a used L101SAG000 OB hitch off the forum. Everything I read here seems to reinforce that it will fit. Hope to install it soon and buy a nice 4-bike rack for it as soon as I can.

Will try and post some pics up once I install it.

Hidden Hitch:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/brandon12284/IMG_1169.jpg

Thanks for posting this pic. That thing really hangs low. If it dragged on your sedan it certainly would never work on my lowered GT wagon. It's either something like the Aussie "tow bar" or go without a hitch for me. Bummer.

Thanks for posting this pic. That thing really hangs low. If it dragged on your sedan it certainly would never work on my lowered GT wagon. It's either something like the Aussie "tow bar" or go without a hitch for me. Bummer.

From most of the pics I've seen, it seems like the OEM OB hitch tucks up quite a bit further than the "hidden" hitch does

From most of the pics I've seen, it seems like the OEM OB hitch tucks up quite a bit further than the "hidden" hitch does

Correct. The ob hitch tucks right up flush to the bottom of the bumper. Looks much better, glad i switched.

Here's a pic of mine (from 5 years ago!!) with the original round-tube Hidden Hitch. Clearance was fine until I lowered it with coilovers, then I kept whacking the golf-ball receiver ornament I had when I went down a steep drive.

Looks like it tucked up better than the newer style.

1234619348_LGTRR25-25-2005small.thumb.jpg.a8bf09099e322656b750ec6267555149.jpg

Ron

Archived