LegacyGT.com

Official SoCal Spotted Thread - V1 (CLOSED)

axis008

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today, 2 x 05/06 Baja Turbos. 1 x 99 Impreza wagon. Countless WRX and STi (all years including 15's), 0 LGT's (of all gens, not counting the 2 in my own garage). 1 x 05 OBXT. So far (not including what is parked at the shop)

That's the Tribeca that is making the round of the dealerships in SoCal. It was here in San Diego a couple weeks ago to promote the new model to the dealership and the techs.

SBT

I'm not keeping up with new info but does it have a better third row?

I always wanted to tell the real backstory of what really was going on behind the scene with Shamar But, that was not my battle to fight.

I met Shamar around 2006 at one of our meets. He was a big (about 6'3" 270 lbs) loud and full of bravado. But, he was at that age.( about 20 yrs old). Always wanting to go fast and race everyone. But, a really good guy that cared. You would see his post on the forums helping other members with tunes and tuning questions. I still have his tune on may car to this day with no problem. He tunes hundreds of all over the world and was know for good tune and took pride in that for a long time.

But, the last year or so had been really trying for him. His divorce , his father died, he felt was burned by his business partner that took his name and reputation, then the death of 2 close friends took a toll on him he started to unravel. He was like a little brother to me (I'm 43 and I think he just turn 29) and I tried to mentor him and be something stable in life. He called when he was down and I knew it so, when I saw his number I would start the conversation with a joke. He would always end the call by saying "thanks" because deep down he know what I was doing.

I got a call from his mother Tuesday say that Shamar had died. She didn't tell me how and asked me to speak at his funeral. She also wanted me to tell everyone on the forum that meant so much to him of his passing. He was a big part of the community for a long time and helped many people . So, don't judge him by what happened at the end of a troubled life but, by all the years he was at the top of his game and helped so, many people. Maybe now this troubled man can finally be at peace. I will miss my friend.

What the?! Haven't been on the forum in years and this is the first thing I saw. :icon_sad: I haven't really kept in touch w/ other members in recent years but I remember Shamar as a friendly, boisterous guy always joking around. My first open-source tune was his. You will be missed Shamar...may you rest in peace!

Yesterday, about 1:45PM - saw a debadged 4th Gen LGT Wagon on the 15N near Mirama. Loaded with 4-5 people. Gave you a big thumbs-up from my massive dark green Dodge 2500 Quad-cab Long Bed Cummins Turbo-dieseled monster as we passed you on the left. :)

Made me homesick for the Subenwagen.

What the heck are you doing in a turbo diesel truck Dale? :lol: Have you moved back?

"lol: No - drove out for GD1's birth and to pickup my 67 MG that I had stored at our SoCal home. And yes, the TD Dodge is mine now - was on loan from a friend for this trip - and just bought it.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...

This was probably me! First time spotted in SoCal so that's cool. Looking to switch back to Gold wheels soon but can't decide on tires...

Also, does anyone know of a good independent Subaru shop in the Hawthorne area?

saw a black LGT wagon, dark wheels, tint, HIDs, with gold Brembos driving on the 405N near the airport last week...

if anyone cares

Well It looks like I am moving out of the state; take care and keep them cars clean.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Hey keep and eye out for my grocery getter wagon. It's hard not to spot me I have bondo all over my hood, grill no emblem. Black wheel, some knock out I bought forgot the name. Always on the 5 going to Orange County sometimes to San Diego.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's goin on Mike! How in the heck is Max anyway?

Sup Dale... Miss my Spec-b but the SS will help me get over it :D

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Don't know any in Hawthorne but come a little further down south there's AQ Motorsports in north Torrance off Western Ave.

This was probably me! First time spotted in SoCal so that's cool. Looking to switch back to Gold wheels soon but can't decide on tires...

Also, does anyone know of a good independent Subaru shop in the Hawthorne area?

What's goin on Mike! How in the heck is Max anyway?

Sup Dale... Miss my Spec-b but the SS will help me get over it :D

How is the SS? I love how sleeper it is, definitely on my list, especially after driving the 2016 CTS-V last weekend.

Archived