LegacyGT.com

Official SoCal Spotted Thread - V1 (CLOSED)

axis008

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I handed that one over last week. Max OBXT motor is now done too. I just need to get it back in the car. Trying to get that one wrapped up by Christmas. Had another 07 WRX towed in today for an engine build so got to get cracking. Been raining motors for 2 months now. This is either 9 or 10.

We did install a new clutch/flywheel in an 06 LGT today. So, I spotted another forum members car on the rack today.

Should spot a 5th gen tomorrow as it is scheduled to be dropped off to test our new LWCP for the 5th gen LGT.

My apologies for the thread jack...

If not running Brembos, dont do it. The boosters dont fit all cars. VDC LGT's (at least 5EAT's) are a confirmed no go.

The STi booster is designed around the Brembo brakes. When converting an LGT (or a WRX, or a Forester) to Brembos, you get a mushy pedal (like it was not mushy enough from the factory). Switch to an STi booster and you get improved pedal feel and more pressure to the calipers. If you are switching to a BBK designed for an LGT (like StopTech) then switching boosters is not recommended.

I can attest to this improvement as I FINALLY got my LGT's STI Brembo setup to be completed with a STI master cylinder brake booster upgrade (I have stored it in shed for years) done by Mike and Todd at Infamous. If funds allowed, I would have done it much sooner. Now I finally have full braking powa! Thx Infamous

• 1 month later...

I always wanted to tell the real backstory of what really was going on behind the scene with Shamar But, that was not my battle to fight.

I met Shamar around 2006 at one of our meets. He was a big (about 6'3" 270 lbs) loud and full of bravado. But, he was at that age.( about 20 yrs old). Always wanting to go fast and race everyone. But, a really good guy that cared. You would see his post on the forums helping other members with tunes and tuning questions. I still have his tune on may car to this day with no problem. He tunes hundreds of all over the world and was know for good tune and took pride in that for a long time.

But, the last year or so had been really trying for him. His divorce , his father died, he felt was burned by his business partner that took his name and reputation, then the death of 2 close friends took a toll on him he started to unravel. He was like a little brother to me (I'm 43 and I think he just turn 29) and I tried to mentor him and be something stable in life. He called when he was down and I knew it so, when I saw his number I would start the conversation with a joke. He would always end the call by saying "thanks" because deep down he know what I was doing.

I got a call from his mother Tuesday say that Shamar had died. She didn't tell me how and asked me to speak at his funeral. She also wanted me to tell everyone on the forum that meant so much to him of his passing. He was a big part of the community for a long time and helped many people . So, don't judge him by what happened at the end of a troubled life but, by all the years he was at the top of his game and helped so, many people. Maybe now this troubled man can finally be at peace. I will miss my friend.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I always wanted to tell the real backstory of what really was going on behind the scene with Shamar But, that was not my battle to fight.

I met Shamar around 2006 at one of our meets. He was a big (about 6'3" 270 lbs) loud and full of bravado. But, he was at that age.( about 20 yrs old). Always wanting to go fast and race everyone. But, a really good guy that cared. You would see his post on the forums helping other members with tunes and tuning questions. I still have his tune on may car to this day with no problem. He tunes hundreds of all over the world and was know for good tune and took pride in that for a long time.

But, the last year or so had been really trying for him. His divorce , his father died, he felt was burned by his business partner that took his name and reputation, then the death of 2 close friends took a toll on him he started to unravel. He was like a little brother to me (I'm 43 and I think he just turn 29) and I tried to mentor him and be something stable in life. He called when he was down and I knew it so, when I saw his number I would start the conversation with a joke. He would always end the call by saying "thanks" because deep down he know what I was doing.

I got a call from his mother Tuesday say that Shamar had died. She didn't tell me how and asked me to speak at his funeral. She also wanted me to tell everyone on the forum that meant so much to him of his passing. He was a big part of the community for a long time and helped many people . So, don't judge him by what happened at the end of a troubled life but, by all the years he was at the top of his game and helped so, many people. Maybe now this troubled man can finally be at peace. I will miss my friend.

RIP Shamar, the real infamous. Last time I talked to Shamar was at the 2012 Subiefest. He's always relaxed, makes jokes and was just a genuine person that you'd want to be around. He's tuned on my 05 LGT and I remembered he always talked to me in a language that I understood and never treat me differently just cuz I knew way less about tuning. I remember during one of the road tunes, we were waiting for my car to cool down a bit, so I turned on the radio and Kanye West was playing, and he just rocked with it and sang along like its nobody's business. Although I didn't know him too well, this is the Shamar that I remembered and I feel awful that so many things had to happen to him all around the same time frame. My condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

-Gary

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for the late update. But the funeral for Shamar will be the Saturday 2/21/15 at 400 Rancheria Road, Diamond Bar, CA at 11am. Also out of respect to Shamar and his family, Mike Sprank please do not to attend or send anything funeral.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

If that is how the family feels then I will respect their request. I understand that they were told (and believed) the misinformation that was presented to them.

Out of respect to Shamar I have never told "my side" of the story and most likely never will. It can all rest with Shamar.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this thread got into the STi booster...I have an 05 LGT with the 5EAT...Would this be one of those where the STi booster wouldn't work?

Feel free to PM so we don't muddy up the thread.

Thanks!

My apologies for the thread jack...

If not running Brembos, dont do it. The boosters dont fit all cars. VDC LGT's (at least 5EAT's) are a confirmed no go.

The STi booster is designed around the Brembo brakes. When converting an LGT (or a WRX, or a Forester) to Brembos, you get a mushy pedal (like it was not mushy enough from the factory). Switch to an STi booster and you get improved pedal feel and more pressure to the calipers. If you are switching to a BBK designed for an LGT (like StopTech) then switching boosters is not recommended.

That's Shamar. RIP bruthah. He and LALGT were at Pomona I believe. Things got pretty exciting not too long after this IIRC, with a car revving off a trailer going out of control and almost hitting them.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 months later...

Archived