LegacyGT.com

Official SoCal Spotted Thread - V1 (CLOSED)

axis008

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday, about 1:45PM - saw a debadged 4th Gen LGT Wagon on the 15N near Mirama. Loaded with 4-5 people. Gave you a big thumbs-up from my massive dark green Dodge 2500 Quad-cab Long Bed Cummins Turbo-dieseled monster as we passed you on the left. :)

Made me homesick for the Subenwagen.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Outback XT - looked to be Newport Blue Pearl with Granite Gray Opal lower accent. You and I both exited Nobel Drive Exit and turned right onto Miramar Road. Saturday Morning ~0930. Waved from big green Dodge truck, but pretty sure you didn't see me.

Sorry Drew - left on Wednesday heading back to SoCar - currently in Abilene, TX.

Would have loved to get together with everyone there, but father/grandfather duties took precedence.

• 3 weeks later...
+1 I was in Long Beach for the past 2 years for work and made the drive down to Infamous whenever I needed something done. The drive is well worth it for the peace of mind, plus supporting Mike is a no-brainer. The guy is a freakin' encyclopedia of LGT/Subaru.:lol:

You know I just noticed I pass Escondido everytime I go down to SD... might have to stop by Infamous sometime in the future.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

And Mike's shop is easy to get to. Right off the "Hops Highway". Always worth stopping-in.

Holy crap. For some reason, all this time I thought Escondido was in the "greater L.A." area. I never realized it's right down the street from Encinitas/Carlsbad, where I go at least a couple of times a year to visit family :lol:

Will have to stop by and say hello at some point!

I have been wanting to go since you started this. The past two times my car was finally ready but I wasn't. Both times my wife had to work and it was my job to take the kids to their sporting events. I tried to arrange someone else to drive them but it didn't work out.

We missed you at the T4T Drive Saturday. I completely understand that family takes precedence.

But, yes a mini meet is always a fun time.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Like I said, I understand the family priorities and respect your decision to take care of your family first. Time is one thing you cant get back and now that I too am a daddy it is far more valuable to me than ever before.

Spotted Longitudes LGT at my shop today for an STi brake booster swap and some fresh rotors/pads up front. Completed and handed over a 05 OBXT (built the motor) last night (dont think the owner is a member). Pulling Max wifes 05 OBXT motor and breaking down now. Still have an 05 LGT wagon in the yard that I need to replace the vavle cover gaskets on too (old school member and I dont know his user name, lol).

My apologies for the thread jack...

If not running Brembos, dont do it. The boosters dont fit all cars. VDC LGT's (at least 5EAT's) are a confirmed no go.

The STi booster is designed around the Brembo brakes. When converting an LGT (or a WRX, or a Forester) to Brembos, you get a mushy pedal (like it was not mushy enough from the factory). Switch to an STi booster and you get improved pedal feel and more pressure to the calipers. If you are switching to a BBK designed for an LGT (like StopTech) then switching boosters is not recommended.

Archived